JohNF Terry on tour: £500 to eat with him

Tyrion

It's more or less a Ponzi scheme. Given his moral character I'm entirely unsurprised Terry has gone all in.
It's almost not evil enough for Terry. I'm surprised his NFT isn't some sort of racial caricature or stolen nudes of a friends wife.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Is this NFT business the updated version of that spell where people bought up loads of Web addresses and thought they'd make millions?
Yep, 100% an scam business.

It's literally a legal way for famous people to scam average people.

It only work for famous because they have fans, and their fans are the ones who buy their NFTs and get scammed.

Wealthy people are so greedy i swear, but I'm not surprised...money tends to corrupt, one can grow-up poor, and get corrupted by money as soon as he starts earning a lot.

Tarrou

Is this NFT business the updated version of that spell where people bought up loads of Web addresses and thought they'd make millions?
didn't they make millions then?

whenever I've tried to buy a URL the prices have been ridiculous

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
didn't they make millions then?

whenever I've tried to buy a URL the prices have been ridiculous
The occasional one may have.
But only if they had a superb business idea on top!

Just buying a domain wasn't ever gonna be enough.

CraftySoAndSo

Yep.dot com millionaires they used to call it.

More like dot com wasted twenty or so quid.
So i take it you buy the name for twenty quid and try to sell it to someone for a higher price. In that case why don't those who are actually looking for a domain name save some money and come up with one themselves. Or is this an area where logic isn't applied anywhere or by anyone.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So i take it you buy the name for twenty quid and try to sell it to someone for a higher price. In that case why don't those who are actually looking for a domain name save some money and come up with one themselves. Or is this an area where logic isn't applied anywhere or by anyone.
Pretty much.
And that's why it disappeared quickly!

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Even putting the greed aside, surely that's not worth his time? Has he pissed his money away?

Pickle85

Even putting the greed aside, surely that's not worth his time? Has he pissed his money away?
I was wondering this too. Maybe you have to buy him dinner as well. No fewer than two courses AND he gets to choose whether he goes starter or dessert.

neon_badger

£500 to slowly eat a three course meal, maintaining full eye contact throughout and not saying a single word while dressed as Jeffrey Dahmer, I'm in.

Red Royal

Who in their right mind would pay 500 quid to eat with John Terry. He chews with his mouth open, guaranteed. And I bet he holds his cutlery like tennis racquets.
Wayne Bridge perhaps, that would be interesting conversation over a Sunday roast.

Oranges038

Who in their right mind would pay 500 quid to eat with John Terry. He chews with his mouth open, guaranteed. And I bet he holds his cutlery like tennis racquets.
Paul Terry so they can compare notes on who is the biggest cnut.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I wouldn't have a meal with terry if he paid me 500 euros.

There is a market for everything these days it seems. A pint with Farage only costs you £3.60 in Spoons if you are into your racism.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
All that effort and soul selling on a nationwide tour just to hopefully earn roughly what he used to make in a week doing something he enjoyed. I almost feel sorry for him