José Mourinho | 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I don't think Mourinho has had his LVG moment yet. LVG was a dead man walking after we failed to win a game in a month which included getting knocked out of the CL in the group stages.

I believe our performances against the top 6 saved Jose his job. There was a serious possibility that the players could have downed tools after the Sevilla loss, but we had multiple comebacks following that defeat and the team showed a lot of fighting spirit.

Andersons Dietician

I enjoyed a lot of games, especially where we beat all of the top 6 sides which was a welcome change for even times under SAF towards the end. I did not enjoy other games where we were very poor. I just don't choose to paint a false narrative because of a lack of reasoning or rationally based on emotions or insidious agendas.

Allot of posters on here don't bother arguing with the usual gang of moaners and wums which gives a false impression that everyone agrees with them. It just takes a lot more energy to mod the forum or respond to distilled negativity then it does to post it.
So you enjoyed results rather than the quality of the football what was happening on the pitch?

The part I highleted that can easily be turned around and I’m sure is how a lot of people feel when they read certain things that pro Jose supporters write. For the most part I’ve got the worst offenders of the pro crowd on ignore because a lot of what they say in my eyes is again wumming or just pointless moaning. Somewhere there is a middle ground but it’s very easy for someone just to say oh people don’t post positively because they will be attacked therefore it seems like the Majority is against Jose. There is no proof of that.

I think one of the most annoying things about last season was the pro Jose crowd jumping on every post and doing what they do as writing it off as wumming or trolling or just in general being abusive and making everything about Jose. There were a good few times where I wrote a post that had nothing to do with Jose and had people jump in with pro Jose propaganda. Both sides are as bad as each other.

I’ve come to the point where I really don’t care about him, it’s a waste of time, eventually he’ll be gone and hopefully some normality will be restored and myself and others can start to look forward to games again without think ugh, but Jose.

EyeInTheSky

Yeah, that was definitely the turning point. I’m possibly getting seasons one and two mixed up but that was in season two, right? We had a few good games in season one. Comfortably beating Spurs and Liverpool would be two high points. Bearing in mind how awful that whole reign was it’s incredibly depressing to think we haven’t really racked up many more comprehensive wins against big teams under Mourinho yet.
yep, those seasons are a jumble in my mind but that is because I went to the effort of actively suppressing them and the Moyes season.

I am not too worried about comprehensibly beating the big teams although obviously, that would be very desirable. I do like the fact that we have beaten them all and vs Liverpool, for example, we should have beaten them considerably but that world-class own goal (back heal drag by Baily was it?) flattered them.

I am under no illusion about where we are lacking but I also know the reasons for it and I hope the board do that little bit extra at this critical juncture in our rebuilding process. I think so many underestimate the getting back to winning ways and competing for trophies since SAF.

I am happy with Fred and Dalot as a start just want the board to desperately not miss out on critical attacking players that have been targeted by Jose and the scouts.

Side question was it my imagination or did we not get the Top scout from Athletic Madrid a couple of seasons ago (I know we got the Juve one more recently)

C'est Moi Cantona

I don't think Mourinho has had his LVG moment yet. LVG was a dead man walking after we failed to win a game in a month which included getting knocked out of the CL in the group stages.

I believe our performances against the top 6 saved Jose his job. There was a serious possibility that the players could have downed tools after the Sevilla loss, but we had multiple comebacks following that defeat and the team showed a lot of fighting spirit.
Personally hoping we don't leave it that long, it's just not nice when it gets to that stage, if he doesn't improve our style pretty quickly next season then he has to go pretty sharpish, no hard feelings and all that.

He's spent enough, will no doubt spend more, and can still turn it around, but he cannot think that what we did last season was ok, blind hope makes me think these new coaches perhaps means he knows himself, and as you say I think most of players are with him, so it's there for him, fans are fickle and would love it if he proved them wrong.

But only the crazy will harp on about last season been ok.

EyeInTheSky

So you enjoyed results rather than the quality of the football what was happening on the pitch?

The part I highleted that can easily be turned around and I’m sure is how a lot of people feel when they read certain things that pro Jose supporters write. For the most part I’ve got the worst offenders of the pro crowd on ignore because a lot of what they say in my eyes is again wumming or just pointless moaning. Somewhere there is a middle ground but it’s very easy for someone just to say oh people don’t post positively because they will be attacked therefore it seems like the Majority is against Jose. There is no proof of that.

I think one of the most annoying things about last season was the pro Jose crowd jumping on every post and doing what they do as writing it off as wumming or trolling or just in general being abusive and making everything about Jose. There were a good few times where I wrote a post that had nothing to do with Jose and had people jump in with pro Jose propaganda. Both sides are as bad as each other.

I’ve come to the point where I really don’t care about him, it’s a waste of time, eventually he’ll be gone and hopefully some normality will be restored and myself and others can start to look forward to games again without think ugh, but Jose.

Are you deliberately not understand my straightforward points. Why do you insist on twisting what I say or putting words in my mouth?

Maybe your not deliberately misrepresenting what I said because of your view on things but it is very straightforward. I don't have an outcome I would like and choose confirmation bias over all opposing evidence. I won't just follow the "we were shite for every game blah blah" opinion. It is myopic and asinine and that is the only objective fact we can all agree on.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
The cnut is being paid about £200k a week. The least he could do is put a fecking smile on his face.
Would it change a jot? Judge him on his performance - and as it so happens you frankly have enough reasons to complain anyway.

Alabaster Codify7

Personally hoping we don't leave it that long, it's just not nice when it gets to that stage, if he doesn't improve our style pretty quickly next season then he has to go pretty sharpish, no hard feelings and all that.

He's spent enough, will no doubt spend more, and can still turn it around, but he cannot think that what we did last season was ok, blind hope makes me think these new coaches perhaps means he knows himself, and as you say I think most of players are with him, so it's there for him, fans are fickle and would love it if he proved them wrong.

But only the crazy will harp on about last season been ok.

Jose is a much better manager than LVG so it will never get that bad. What we need to accept though, as bein very realistic, is continuous dips in form throughout the season that never fall so low as to get him outright fired, but low enough to drag us further from 1st and closer to 4th....and thus, our season is a copy of the last.

BlueHaze

I have a terrible gut feeling this season is going to include a complete meltdown. Feels like something is going to happen which will cause a big rift between him and the dressing room. I really hope I am wrong but it just feels like he's a ticking bomb waiting to explode. Last time I ever felt this worried about heading into a new season was when Moyes was announced our new manager.

Cerberus

Many here claimed Mourinho only needed another transfer window to build the team he really needs. But Mourinho's transfer record has been spotty, with only a couple of the additions being tactically useful. Glaring deficiencies in our team have been largely ignored, even though he's been here for two years now - the full back and right wing positions come to mind. It is unclear what his transfer strategy is exactly, which is incredibly worrying because the club is trying to catch up to a team that knows exactly what they're doing and have improved upon themselves further this window.

I pray this is only the calm before the storm and we sign the four to five players we need, but I'm highly skeptical. This is not shaping up to be a good season.

Jose is a much better manager than LVG so it will never get that bad. What we need to accept though, as bein very realistic, is continuous dips in form throughout the season that never fall so low as to get him outright fired, but low enough to drag us further from 1st and closer to 4th....and thus, our season is a copy of the last.
Couldn't this be, in a sense, why he's more dangerous to the club's future than LVG? Van Gaal reached a level where it was obviously bad and everyone could see it plainly. With Mourinho, we are just an "OK" top four team, but nothing more. The fact that we haven't won a title in five years may have made a fair percentage of supporters see Mourinho's United as acceptable.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Isn't this summer kind of mirroring his 2015 summer at Chelsea? I'm pretty sure they had a quiet window that year.

Andersons Dietician

Are you deliberately not understand my straightforward points. Why do you insist on twisting what I say or putting words in my mouth?

Maybe your not deliberately misrepresenting what I said because of your view on things but it is very straightforward. I don't have an outcome I would like and choose confirmation bias over all opposing evidence. I won't just follow the "we were shite for every game blah blah" opinion. It is myopic and asinine and that is the only objective fact we can all agree on.
Well you said you enjoyed many games especially the ones against the top 6 sides. Hence it seemed like you just appreciated the victory more than what was being played on the pitch. Like I enjoyed the victory against City but the football we played was dross in that game.
You can win a game and play absolute tosh like we did on many occasions and you can lose a game and play really well.

The likely hood is there is no “agenda” people write what they see and feel having watched a sport for 10,20,30,40,50 years and so on, ie experience and an ability to see what is and isn’t happening. Unfortunately there are a minority of snowflakes that seem to think because they are exceptionally loud there opinion is the right one and take the moral high ground. Anyway like I said the truth is somewhere in the middle and the majority or media, fans and so on seem to be of the same opinion that it’s dull, lifeless, soulless football yet we are winning.

Also you would like and choose confirmation bias over all opposing evidence? So basically you are just going with what you think and don’t care if people provide evidence. Strange. Anyway good chat. Hopefully Jose has had some sort of revelation and will play in a manner befitting of United so we can all just get a long next season and enjoy the games.

EyeInTheSky

Well you said you enjoyed many games especially the ones against the top 6 sides. Hence it seemed like you just appreciated the victory more than what was being played on the pitch. Like I enjoyed the victory against City but the football we played was dross in that game.
You can win a game and play absolute tosh like we did on many occasions and you can lose a game and play really well.

The likely hood is there is no “agenda” people write what they see and feel having watched a sport for 10,20,30,40,50 years and so on, ie experience and an ability to see what is and isn’t happening. Unfortunately there are a minority of snowflakes that seem to think because they are exceptionally loud there opinion is the right one and take the moral high ground. Anyway like I said the truth is somewhere in the middle and the majority or media, fans and so on seem to be of the same opinion that it’s dull, lifeless, soulless football yet we are winning.

Also you would like and choose confirmation bias over all opposing evidence? So basically you are just going with what you think and don’t care if people provide evidence. Strange. Anyway good chat. Hopefully Jose has had some sort of revelation and will play in a manner befitting of United so we can all just get a long next season and enjoy the games.
You still don't get it but you have highlighted the exact issue with this right here. I enjoyed it not only because we won but because we played very well and showed different types of character ranging from dominating and coming back from the brink.

You have highlighted that other posters of the same ilk are determined to convince us that no matter how we play it was "shite" or bad football. What I am telling you for the final time is that you can say what you like but you can't force anyone to go along with you because of your opinion. You are literally trying to say that you have the objective truth and that I had no right to think that the football we played in those games was good.

You are really trying everything in your arsenal to persuade me and others that we can only enjoy what we see on your command. This is the irony of all these types of posters that are always and I mean always saying "am I not entitled to an opinion" when it is they who throw their toys out of the pram if someone God forbid says that they enjoyed our play at any point in the season. I have not seen one single poster and I doubt there is that says we played amazing football every game or that when we played poorly that we were great.

The positive side at least is that this has highlighted the exact issue with that type of stance.

Andersons Dietician

You still don't get it but you have highlighted the exact issue with this right here. I enjoyed it not only because we won but because we played very well and showed different types of character ranging from dominating and coming back from the brink.

You have highlighted that other posters of the same ilk are determined to convince us that no matter how we play it was "shite" or bad football. What I am telling you for the final time is that you can say what you like but you can't force anyone to go along with you because of your opinion. You are literally trying to say that you have the objective truth and that I had no right to think that the football we played in those games was good.

You are really trying everything in your arsenal to persuade me and others that we can only enjoy what we see on your command. This is the irony of all these types of posters that are always and I mean always saying "am I not entitled to an opinion" when it is they who throw their toys out of the pram if someone God forbid says that they enjoyed our play at any point in the season. I have not seen one single poster and I doubt there is that says we played amazing football every game or that when we played poorly that we were great.

The positive side at least is that this has highlighted the exact issue with that type of stance.
Well the point you highlighted was an explanation because in the original reply you had failed to notice I had asked you a question instead of insinuating you had said something like you inferred in your response.

I’m sorry but nowhere have I said you don’t have a right to have enjoyed it, I said in my opinion (that bits important) anyone who enjoyed what was played is surely lying to themselves or like some taking a cheese grater to their nut sack.
The reason I even got involved in this discussion was because you were seemingly belittling others opinions and making out like it’s only a small minority of wums that think the football was dire. Unfortuantly it feels like there are far more in the dross camp be it fans, media, pundits and so on. You tried to swat that to one side with oh we just can’t be bothered.

Finally, I’m not trying to convince you it was dross, watching it should be enough but you’re entitled to your beliefs, if you enjoy it then that’s all that matters but making out that it’s only a small minority that isn’t happy is untrue. The vote on the previous thread showed that, unless you’re one of these tin hat folk that think most of who voted were opposition fans.

Your whole post is quite ironic because that will be how the majority of anti Jose fans feel towards your ilk.

I’m sorry but basically your entire post was like someone banging their hands against the desk and throwing their toys out the roam and I just think it’s funny you say I’m trying everything :lol:

Anyway this does no one anygood. You enjoy it so i’ll Repeat that is all that matters, others were contemplating smashing their head against a wall watching it. Opinions aye!!

TheDutchLad

Supports
Feyenoord
As much as I hate to say this, but I am afraid that we won't win the league as long as he is here.

His style of football is just too negative, which will cost us against the lower table. And somehow, he just sucks all life out of attacking players.

just my humble opinion tho'

Fluctuation0161

Aye, aye stick to your guns. Jose is deeply underachieving with what he has, while fecking Sterling looks world class under Pep and shows his true colours while playing for England NT. Our squad is good enougj to challenge for the Prem and CL. Shitshow imitation of a title challenge until December does not cut it. Get your excuses ready for another major trophyless season with Mou.
Stick to what guns? It only takes a small amount of thought to see the state of United when Jose took over.

You cited Conte at Chelsea out performing Jose at United when Conte had a much better squad. Silly comparison.

Sterling looks good under Pep... maybe because he's surrounded by the most expensive squad ever assembled in premiership history. Plus you can't discount the fact that City had premiership winners and quality players in their squad when Pep took over. Kdb, Silva, Aguero, kompany... Who did Jose inherit? An ageing Rooney, Carrick?

When was the last time you saw our squad mount a title challenge?

We just had our best points and league finish since Fergie left. Yeah the football was dire at times and if we don't improve this coming season I'll be more critical but so far we've improved. It's just that some fans are naive or entitled enough to think it's easy to flick a switch and fix serious long term issues at our club.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Well he's certainly starting this season with a smile on his face. The big grump.

I assume he's just dour externally, because I can't imagine how the team would translate his negativity into something positive. You look at the sheer togetherness and happiness throughout the world cup and just really wonder what motivational school Jose is currently teaching.

Not saying he needs to get all Klopp or anything, but he's brought a bunch of kids. The least he could do is try and act enthusiastic about being on tour with them.

Water Melon

Stick to what guns? It only takes a small amount of thought to see the state of United when Jose took over.

You cited Conte at Chelsea out performing Jose at United when Conte had a much better squad. Silly comparison.

Sterling looks good under Pep... maybe because he's surrounded by the most expensive squad ever assembled in premiership history. Plus you can't discount the fact that City had premiership winners and quality players in their squad when Pep took over. Kdb, Silva, Aguero, kompany... Who did Jose inherit? An ageing Rooney, Carrick?

When was the last time you saw our squad mount a title challenge?

We just had our best points and league finish since Fergie left. Yeah the football was dire at times and if we don't improve this coming season I'll be more critical but so far we've improved. It's just that some fans are naive or entitled enough to think it's easy to flick a switch and fix serious long term issues at our club.
Jose inherited a team that was basically on the same points as City. It is his fault if he signs Pogba who is half the player he usef to be at Juve, it is his fault that fecking Sterling looks twice the player Martial is, and it is his fecking fault we look clueless in the attack, despite having signed Lukaku and Sanchez. It is also him to blame that neither Lindelof nor Bailly contributed well enough so far. Jose's main and ultimate resposibility to get the best out of what he inherited and signed. He failed spectacularly both in the league and CL. If fecking Pool can reach the CL final, then there's obviously something wrong with Jose that we cant beat Sevilla. Shite level of performance from Mou.

Hellboy

Jose inherited a team that was basically on the same points as City. It is his fault if he signs Pogba who is half the player he usef to be at Juve, it is his fault that fecking Sterling looks twice the player Martial is, and it is his fecking fault we look clueless in the attack, despite having signed Lukaku and Sanchez. It is also him to blame that neither Lindelof nor Bailly contributed well enough so far. Jose's main and ultimate resposibility to get the best out of what he inherited and signed. He failed spectacularly both in the league and CL. If fecking Pool can reach the CL final, then there's obviously something wrong with Jose that we cant beat Sevilla. Shite level of performance from Mou.
It's never Jose's fault don't ya know.

Water Melon

It's never Jose's fault don't ya know.
Exactly. People blamed SAF, Moyes, LvG, Woody all players, bar fecking manager who is ultimately resposible for the team performance. Pool reaching CL final for these people is nothing major, while we won sweet feck all last season. Watch this space if Jose reaches quarters in the CL, it will be a progress, while Klopp will be known as a bottler for losing the CL final. The fact is that we are not even at the stage of bottling it both in CL and the Prem.

LeftyBlaster

Exactly. People blamed SAF, Moyes, LvG, Woody all players, bar fecking manager who is ultimately resposible for the team performance. Pool reaching CL final for these people is nothing major, while we won sweet feck all last season. Watch this space if Jose reaches quarters in the CL, it will be a progress, while Klopp will be known as a bottler for losing the CL final. The fact is that we are not even at the stage of bottling it both in CL and the Prem.
^ the uncomfortable truth that many will never acknowledge

Water Melon

^ the uncomfortable truth that many will never acknowledge
People are comfortable with us being out of title race before X-Mas. Conte tore the league a new one in his first season, and some were saying that it was thanks to Jose lol. Pep was the bottler and was finally found out. In the second season Pep broke all the records in the Prem, but all of a sudden it is normal as we are lagging behind squad-wise. Our cheque book manager cant compete with City, cant compeye with Sevilla and can beat a totally disjointed Chelsea in the FA cup final. Now the excuse is that we have to catch City funding wise and all our players are either crap or primadonnas. Another season of shiteness, and Woody pulls the trigger hopefully.

Bestietom

All I want to see this season is an improvement in our Football. If we add another 10 points to the total we finished with last season we should win it. City will never reach the heights they did again this season.

MUFC OK

Sme of the worst anti-united and mourinho agenda on talksport this morning, dont know if anyone heard it? They were moaning about him moaning for about 10 mins. Everything he does is vilified. Can't stand that Georgie Bingham, literally could not hide her bias as a Chelsea fan.

Can you blame him when asked how are you feeling for next season when we are missing nearly half our 1st XI and Woodward obviously isn't delivering on transfers?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm interested is seeing what he's like in person. The Jose we see in front of the cameras reflects the football...dour and depressing.
Anyway, preseason isn't looking ideal but we're not the only ones in this situation. As for the season, expectations are low and the fans are a bit down. I think performances he needs to get us playing well. The match going fans were already getting restless towards the end of the season and a continuation of that doesn't help anyone. Woodward needs to deliver, maybe that would improve his mood a bit.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Sme of the worst anti-united and mourinho agenda on talksport this morning, dont know if anyone heard it? They were moaning about him moaning for about 10 mins. Everything he does is vilified. Can't stand that Georgie Bingham, literally could not hide her bias as a Chelsea fan.

Can you blame him when asked how are you feeling for next season when we are missing nearly half our 1st XI and Woodward obviously isn't delivering on transfers?
I dunno. I work in senior management. Sometimes the company gets some tough breaks from events beyond your control. Your job as a manager is to suck it up, get on with doing your job and try to keep the troops happy and motivated.

If you constantly moaned about how difficult your job is and how circumstances were against you, all you would end up doing is souring the atmosphere in the workplace and make everyone demotivated/looking for jobs elsewhere.

Now I’m not a very good manager, hence I’m not earning Mourinho’s millions. But come on, surely he should be getting these sort of basics right?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Well he's certainly starting this season with a smile on his face. The big grump.

I assume he's just dour externally, because I can't imagine how the team would translate his negativity into something positive. You look at the sheer togetherness and happiness throughout the world cup and just really wonder what motivational school
Jose is currently teaching.

Not saying he needs to get all Klopp or anything, but he's brought a bunch of kids. The least he could do is try and act enthusiastic about being on tour with them.
My main worry as well. I can't help but look at it from the players pov. How does having a manager that's so miserable affect them? The thing with Jose is o don't remember him being this dour in his early years. Seems to be progressively getting worse. Why I asked in the previous post I'd like to see his relationship with players if I could.

Kapardin

My main worry as well. I can't help but look at it from the players pov. How does having a manager that's so miserable affect them? The thing with Jose is o don't remember him being this dour in his early years. Seems to be progressively getting worse. Why I asked in the previous post I'd like to see his relationship with players if I could.
Jose is well known to be a practical joker in training sessions. What you see is his media face and not what is really happening behind the scenes.

EyeInTheSky

He does not seem miserable in training or when we are taken behind the scenes. The lads seem to be having a whale of a time. Even Martial is having a ball.

He can be sombre when dealing with factual matters in mundane press conferences.

MUFC OK

I dunno. I work in senior management. Sometimes the company gets some tough breaks from events beyond your control. Your job as a manager is to suck it up, get on with doing your job and try to keep the troops happy and motivated.

If you constantly moaned about how difficult your job is and how circumstances were against you, all you would end up doing is souring the atmosphere in the workplace and make everyone demotivated/looking for jobs elsewhere.

Now I’m not a very good manager, hence I’m not earning Mourinho’s millions. But come on, surely he should be getting these sort of basics right?
See what you're saying but Is he supposed to pretend all is rosy with so many key players missing and seemingly, like us, little clue on transfers? Also he's not the manager of the media, but the manager of the players. It has been said before that theres a press facing Mourinho and the real Mourinho. So who's to say his attitude towards the players isn't different, they certainly look happy enough during training.

Basically who knows, but hearing them go into Mourinho this morning was weird, they stopped just short of saying they wish he would f*ck off on air. All United's coverage on that channel is negative - How Jose has lost it, How Pogba/Rashford/Martial are leaving, How we have the most expensive kit in the history of ever, how we are overspending on a player's fee/wages. Rinse and repeat. It's getting tiresome now.

redIndianDevil

People are comfortable with us being out of title race before X-Mas. Conte tore the league a new one in his first season, and some were saying that it was thanks to Jose lol. Pep was the bottler and was finally found out. In the second season Pep broke all the records in the Prem, but all of a sudden it is normal as we are lagging behind squad-wise. Our cheque book manager cant compete with City, cant compeye with Sevilla and can beat a totally disjointed Chelsea in the FA cup final. Now the excuse is that we have to catch City funding wise and all our players are either crap or primadonnas. Another season of shiteness, and Woody pulls the trigger hopefully.
There is no convincing that crowd, even if Mourinho doesn't improve they will always point out that City had De Bruyne, Silva and Aguero as if these are the only decent footballers in the planet and rest of the clubs cannot play as well as City.

Joe Cool

Supports
Chelsea
Can't believe some of you actually think he's going to change his methods (even for a tiny fraction) now when the pressure is even bigger on his shoulders. Third season in charge having won no major trophy so far. If you think the tin pot League Cup and Europa League are trophies worth of a massive club, then maybe your expectations have massively dropped after Ferguson left.

It's make or break for Mourinho this season, will show everybody if he's still up for the big job or simply he's stuck in the past and can't cope with modern football. I'm sure he is going to take the safe route next season, meaning he'll concentrate on breaking the opposition's game plan, rather than imposing his own and he's going to make the backline and defensive midfielders the core of his team. The guy simply does not know how to impose and train an attacking game plan, no way he's going to take risks now in his third season. He'll just stick to what he knows best and hope that a rigid formation bails him out once again.

By the way, if you think you are still hundreds of players away from challenging again, just have a look at his deals since coming to United.

Sanchez Lukaku ---------
Pogba Fred
Matic
----- Lindelof Bailly Dalot

It's just the right wing position and left full back he did not go for it so far, other than than he has a complete full team he could line up, based on his own purchases, different from LVG. I guess the LVG excuse should be ditched starting this season to be fair, you can't fault him anymore for leaving you with this squad knowing Mourinho has brought his own players now and can field an entire team full of his own purchases. And he's still got one of the brightest French talents in Martial as a bonus, too.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
7 pages already and we're yet to kick a fecking football this season. Still repeating the same old tire cliches as well, it's as if we didn't hear enough of it over the course of last season.

At least wait till September before moaning about him, to go into meltdown because he wasn't smiling like an idiot in a pre-season presser sums this place up.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
7 pages already and we're yet to kick a fecking football this season. Still repeating the same old tire cliches as well, it's as if we didn't hear enough of it over the course of last season.

At least wait till September before moaning about him, to go into meltdown because he wasn't smiling like an idiot in a pre-season presser sums this place up.
Not just here, it's everywhere.

"I don't know if we'll sign anyone else" translates for a lot of people into, "3rd season meltdown! I knew it! Useless! Sack him! Get rid!!"
Another manager says that and it's waved away like, "Oh well he's hardly going to give away his transfer plans is he?"

He's worried about not having his full squad for pre season...Top clubs, managers will have the same issue and will have the same worry. Yet people give Mourinho grief over it and are psychoanalysing him on the basis that this is a symptom of "3rd season syndrome"

Hope football becomes extinct tbh

Tom Van Persie

No relation

The Jose out mob are relentless.

And how do people know that Jose is miserable? Jose is a pro when it comes to the media. What you're seeing in the press room is probably the opposite of what he's like behind the scenes.

el3mel

It would be great to have someone like Klopp who loses a final then goes on and sing and celebrate that loss with the fans. Perfect winning mentality. :drool:

Minimalist

It would be great to have someone like Klopp who loses a final then goes on and sing and celebrate that loss with the fans. Perfect winning mentality. :drool:
:lol:

That's when we really know Mourinho has lost it.

Still, there's obviously a massive area of normality in the middle.

Water Melon

It is much greater to achieve a CL final than to bottle it against Chelsea in the FA cup or get spanked by Sevilla. The boot lickers are also happy with shitting it in the Prem before New Year. Fecking great Mou.

el3mel

It is much greater to achieve a CL final than to bottle it against Chelsea in the FA cup or get spanked by Sevilla. The boot lickers are also happy with shitting it in the Prem before New Year. Fecking great Mou.
I don't understand what's this post related to mine.

People are talking about being grim in a press conf and not smiling and this nonsense. It'll be great then, I guess, for everyone to have a manager who loses a final then the next day goes to celebrate the loss and sings with the fans, right ?

Didn't talk about anyone who achieved what.

Pretty hilarious how people are so into the overly used Cliches that they can't say anything except the same thing over and over and over again even when replaying to an irrelevant post.

reddevil702

You're arguing which is the greater loss :lol:. Neither club won anything, yet some Liverpool fans act as if they had actually won or getting to final this year means you're guaranteed a spot there next year. There's so much discontent among United fans because we don't settle for runner up trophies and we actually expect United to win.

Water Melon

You're arguing which is the greater loss :lol:. Neither club won anything, yet some Liverpool fans act as if they had actually won or getting to final this year means you're guaranteed a spot there next year. There's so much discontent among United fans because we don't settle for runner up trophies and we actually expect United to win.
Exactly. The Mou fans are talking about finishing 2nd while kissing goodbye to the league in X-mas. It is a disaster. The year before was the same disaster against Conte. The fact is that we hugely underachieved in both of the major tournaments. As I said above Pool definetely bottled in the CL final, and City did bottle in CL too. Us however did not even reach the bottling stage. We just bent over. Our squad is good enough to put in a proper Prem or CL challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.