Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

When on his A game , he is one of the best managers and a scary proposition to deal with. It's just when he loses his focus , he becomes hard to deal with. But si far he looks like the special one we know.

Sylar

Love the squad hes put together. Young, dynamic with some experience added in.

We made so many changes tonight and could still play with pace and power and control. Granted the opposition was the best, and Swansea will be more of a test next round, but basically we should have a whole change of players for the next game minus Rashford who still came of as a sub and will be pumped up after 2 goals.

Dumbat12

When on his A game , he is one of the best managers and a scary proposition to deal with. It's just when he loses his focus , he becomes hard to deal with. But si far he looks like the special one we know.
Are you implying that he is not one of the best manager when he is not on his ''A game''? What?

Dumbat12

Maybe I should have said his teams looks one of the best when he is on his A game. My bad.
Yup. I'd agree with that. But I think he is that type of manager that will change his play style according to the game, always. I don't expect that kind of performance against any of the big teams (unless on rare occasions, I guess), but most of Jose's teams usually dominate the lesser games (Like his Chelsea (first stint), Real Madrid and Inter side).

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brilliant cnutishness from him. Love these sort of antics from him as our manager and you hate it when he did it at Chelsea

SteveW

Parked the bus. Got away with it. Shouldn't have come to that

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
:lol: I love this man so much.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol: The going around shaking all the hands on Saints' bench.
Exactly. I absolutely hated it when he did it in that title winning season with Chelsea but, my God it feels good when your manager does this. Gives you confidence that the manager is not stressed out even though many of us were fearing the worst

el3mel

Laughed so hard on this handshake. Relieved the stress of the last minuted for me.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
FA can feck off. Yellow teeth and Pep can get the face of fourth officials and scream at them but Jose puts a toe on the pitch and he's sent off with 10 seconds to go. Sick of this agenda against him. Not fair at all.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Parked the bus. Got away with it. Shouldn't have come to that
He identified the team was struggling to grab back control of the game and brought on defensive players to see the game out. That's good management. Someone like Klopp would have thrown on another attacker or two in some inane nod to beautiful football and come away from with a draw instead of a win.

No matter who you are you can't play well every single game. Jose know this, and that why we came away with 3 points.

SteveW

He identified the team was struggling to grab back control of the game and brought on defensive players to see the game out. That's good management. Someone like Klopp would have thrown on another attacker or two in some inane nod to beautiful football and come away from with a draw instead of a win.

No matter who you are you can't play well every single game. Jose know this, and that why we came away with 3 points.
Didn't pick his best team and screwed up the order of his subs meaning he was left leaving Lukaku up there completely alone. Should have had another player with some pace joining him. I agree we need to shut up shop at times but we shouldn't get into a situation where we're left with no means of keeping the ball or getting up the pitch. We ended up giving up abandoning the ball and praying to see it out. Which to be fair they did quite well.

RD76

FA can feck off. Yellow teeth and Pep can get the face of fourth officials and scream at them but Jose puts a toe on the pitch and he's sent off with 10 seconds to go. Sick of this agenda against him. Not fair at all.
This. Absolutely spot on.

Parry Gallister

Aye double standards, Pep isn't as bad as Klopp but both have warranted a sending off. Sure Jose doesn't mind one jot - he loves a siege mentality

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Crucial 3 points, feel people are being over critical of him. He did react to what was unfolding before him, Herrera was brought on to help us regain control like he did v Everton but Saints midfield had more tenacity than Everton's and they kept winning the ball back. Only reason he didn't bring on Martial was because of Cedric, he's a crossing machine for Saints and with Gabbiadini and Austin in there we had to stop the supply from wide. Rashford did just that, he is far more disciplined to do a job like that than Martial.

As far as big games are concerned we'll have to improve anyway, there were lots of 5/10 6/10 performances across the pitch and that won't cut it vs them but let's wait till that actually happens.

ti vu

:lol: Typical Mou...

Didn't pick his best team and screwed up the order of his subs meaning he was left leaving Lukaku up there completely alone. Should have had another player with some pace joining him. I agree we need to shut up shop at times but we shouldn't get into a situation where we're left with no means of keeping the ball or getting up the pitch. We ended up giving up abandoning the ball and praying to see it out. Which to be fair they did quite well.
"Picking best team". We went last few seasons, trying to pick the best team then end up not having the best nor winning enough game.

For all the love of pace, the problem i with this game is not with pace, but gaining more control of midfield which Pog is surely missed. It's sort of game for midfielder than attacker. Herrera gave us some help and had he finished that chance better, we're looking at a great sub.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Seemed like the right team after 45 minutes to me.

Come on, Rashford came off with 120 seconds left to play. He was that pace to support the striker but because we had become entrenched on the edge of our box he couldn't provide the support you spoke of. So instead he decided to entrust his defense and was proven right.

Kag

The chosen team (midfield) was dogshit but the shutting up shop, given the inevitable circumstances, was the right thing to do. He righted his wrong.

Man-United

I wonder if Mike Jones would have done the same if it was fun guy Klopp or great guy Pep.

wr8_utd

:'(
Those handshakes would be a bit embarrassing if we went and conceded from the final corner.

kundalini

I thought the extra man in midfield should have come on a lot earlier. Smalling substitution seemed to work reasonably well. Not convinced having 2 fullbacks on yellow cards while trying to defend a 1-0 lead is particularly sensible.

Selecting both Mata and Mkhitaryan for this match clearly didn't work.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
He is being interviewed on sky sports now? Thought a sent off manager is not allowed speak to the media after a match?

Zoo

So it's alright for Pellegrino to play ballboy and wander halfway down the touchline but Mourinho gets sent off for this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.