Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He's back. This is the Jose we know.
When he got sent off and then started shaking hands with everybody, I thought, "Yes...this is the guy who we hired. Jose is finally behaving like Jose, the serial winner!"
I actually think he came on the pitch on purpose, so it would cause a raucous, on the side of the pitch. He knew our players were fighting hard, so Jose began his antics.

Borden

When he got sent off and then started shaking hands with everybody, I thought, "Yes...this is the guy who we hired. Jose is finally behaving like Jose, the serial winner!"
I actually think he came on the pitch on purpose, so it would cause a raucous, on the side of the pitch. He knew our players were fighting hard, so Jose began his antics.
:lol: Some of our fans are so far up Mourinho's behind it's almost fascinating. Confirmation bias at its worst. Getting sent off unnecessarily? "Brilliant, what a winner, did it on purpose."

Come on man

Last edited:

SteveW

Seemed like the right team after 45 minutes to me.

Come on, Rashford came off with 120 seconds left to play. He was that pace to support the striker but because we had become entrenched on the edge of our box he couldn't provide the support you spoke of. So instead he decided to entrust his defense and was proven right.
Rashford's position in the 2nd half was as a 2nd left back. With 5 across the back and 3 central midfielders that's not necessary. It's possible to win without getting it right which is what I feel happened today. They defended very well.

The No.10!

I hate how Conte, Klopp and Hughes can do, react or engage in whatever the feck they wish on the sidelines, but Jose gets sent off for something so pathetically small.

Fecking only Conte and Klopp are passionate, aren't they?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Rashford's position in the 2nd half was as a 2nd left back. With 5 across the back and 3 central midfielders that's not necessary. It's possible to win without getting it right which is what I feel happened today. They defended very well.
Not out of choice, that's the point. We couldn't get out and as such Rashford spent much of the second half chasing their wingback. We could've brought Martial on but then we would still be without the ball only their right wingback would be completely unmarked.

AshRK

I hate how Conte, Klopp and Hughes can do, react or engage in whatever the feck they wish on the sidelines, but Jose gets sent off for something so pathetically small.

Fecking only Conte and Klopp are passionate, aren't they?
Exactly. Today sending him off was a joke. Absolute joke. Yet people say FA favour us

The No.10!

Exactly. Today sending him off was a joke. Absolute joke. Yet people say FA favour us
Travesty, I say.

Last season against Chelsea, the way Conte reacted in their victory, getting engorged in the crowd and what not, but of course, that's fine. Klopp abusing the fourth official as Liverpool draw with Burnley, that's fine. Fecking game!

ti vu

Those handshakes would be a bit embarrassing if we went and conceded from the final corner.
What would be embarrassing? He was leaving so may not be able to give proper farewell to other team when the game ends. It's not like he decided the game had been won and he just want to go back to dressing room before final whistle. He's taking a piss at the officials by doing his round of handshake which is great to see.

Devil may care

Wasn't keen on his tactics in the second half, instead of wrestling back control we surrended it further which is a dangerous and ugly game at 1-0.

Hellboy

Wasn't keen on his tactics in the second half, instead of wrestling back control we surrended it further which is a dangerous and ugly game at 1-0.
Our attackers were having a very ugly day so naturally he reverted to defending. Bar his decision not to get Martial on for Rashford, Mourinho's tactics were very good today. Saints had 1 clear chance maybe for 90 minutes.

Devil may care

Our attackers were having a very ugly day so naturally he reverted to defending. Bar his decision not to get Martial on for Rashford, Mourinho's tactics were very good today. Saints had 1 clear chance maybe for 90 minutes.
Our attackers were having a hard time because we had no control in midfield, Herrera should have been on at half time and then we wouldn't have ended up basically sitting with 9 back for nearly 15 minutes.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Mourinho looks like the sane one compared to the others.

Hellboy

Our attackers were having a hard time because we had no control in midfield, Herrera should have been on at half time and then we wouldn't have ended up basically sitting with 9 back for nearly 15 minutes.
Herrera was shite when he came on though, he wouldn't have changed anything sorry.

Jacko21

Any confirmation on what it was Jose was sent off for?

From where I was sat, he was barking at Fellaini to retreat and then turned into the official - so either he said something in his ear or the official took exception to bodily contact.

Devil may care

Herrera was shite when he came on though, he wouldn't have changed anything sorry.
No he wasn't and he was thrown in at the point where we had regressed so far it was hard to get back, reverting to a 9 man defense didn't help at all, it just added to the pressure, if Herrera had came on at half time the 3 man midfield would have closed the space Lemina and Davis were running free in.

Ban

No he wasn't and he was thrown in at the point where we had regressed so far it was hard to get back, reverting to a 9 man defense didn't help at all, it just added to the pressure, if Herrera had came on at half time the 3 man midfield would have closed the space Lemina and Davis were running free in.
That's just guessing and trying to find an excuse for a player who had a bad game.

Devil may care

That's just guessing and trying to find an excuse for a player who had a bad game.
I'm not excusing anyone, I don't think Herrera had a bad game, but it took him 10 minutes to settle into it, however had we started out with more coverage in midfield in the second half instead of our erratic #10, we wouldn't have logically conceded as much space to their midfield as we did, it was clear Lemina and Davis were a threat and we didn't counter it until after they'd gained full control of the game..

El Jefe

Some of you are incapable of seeing the bigger picture.

Could we have made attacking subs to try and get another goal? Of course but it would have been just as risky as the approach we ended up using. Remember we have Martial and Lingard on our bench not Asensio and Bale.

Jose would have probably spent hours on the training ground preparing for scenarios like this. It wasn't pretty by any means but it showed we've got the ability to see out games in different styles. If this was the norm I'd understand the negativity by some but with all we've done this season I can accept games like this every now and then especially if we get 3 points.

Son Of Sam

I don’t know why some people are moaning. You can only whinge about tactics if we didn’t get the 3 points.

Last season, Jose was offensive in many of the games at OT with nothing to show for it after 90 minutes.

We have 16 points from a maximum 18. We are one Lukaku’s big miss at Stoke away from getting 100% win ratio.

Jose’s score(so far this season) has been nothing short of brilliance. Long may it continue. We face Palace next week while Chelsea/Man City will have another slugfest.

Things are looking very good.....

Robertd0803

What exactly was he sent off for? Giving instructions too loudly for the 4th official??

el3mel

If he did that sliding on his knees celebration on the pitch he did before then perfectly fine but todays decision is just baffling.
I wanted to look to the positive side though, if he hadn't been sent off he wouldn't have done that hilarious handshake scene. :lol: It was the only thing that relieved the stress of these minutes for me.

Last edited:

Hercules

I wanted to look to the positive side though, if he hadn't been sent off he wouldn't have done that hilarious handshake scene. :lol: It was the only thing that relived the stress of these minutes for me.
Yeah, I was dreading as they were about to take the corner. Then this happened:lol:

Womp

idiot
Don't know if it was down to the players or if it was his instructions but the players weren't good enough today. Too defensive, didn't create enough. Game should have been over much earlier.

Bad performance by him and the players today.

Robertd0803

I wanted to look to the positive side though, if he hadn't been sent off he wouldn't have done that hilarious handshake scene. :lol: It was the only thing that relived the stress of these minutes for me.
Yeah Im surprised he didnt start shaking the Southampton fans hands as well in the row behind the dugout the rate he was going. :lol::lol:

Lentwood

Another demonstration yesterday of why Jose is such a fantastic manager. How many of us on here would have selected Ashley Young at LB yesterday? Would have been easy to go with Dutch International LB Blind or Italian International LB Darmian or even £30m LB Luke Shaw.

Not Jose. Knowing his delivery is superior to any of our other options at full back, Jose selects 31yo RW Ashley Young at LB who then promptly delivers a fantastic cross for Lukaku to convert for the only goal of the game. Superb management.

It's one thing only having one way to play and spending £500m on XI new players to achieve it. It's another getting the best out of what you have

RedFish

Another demonstration yesterday of why Jose is such a fantastic manager. How many of us on here would have selected Ashley Young at LB yesterday? Would have been easy to go with Dutch International LB Blind or Italian International LB Darnian or even £30m LB Luke Shaw.

Not Jose. Knowing his delivery is superior to any of our other options at full back, Jose selects 31yo RW Ashley Young at LB who then promptly delivers a fantastic cross for Lukaku to convert for the only goal of the game. Superb management.

It's one thing only having one way to play and spending £500m on XI new players to achieve it. It's another getting the best out of what you have
He knows what he's doing and we will challenge City for the title this season.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
I wanted to look to the positive side though, if he hadn't been sent off he wouldn't have done that hilarious handshake scene. :lol: It was the only thing that relieved the stress of these minutes for me.
Moment of the season so far :drool:

Fahad Jawaid

I hated the performance yesterday, although loved the result. But it was sad to see after this much money spent seeing us resort to defensive tactics. We are still lacking in key areas. We need to upgrade on both of our Full backs. Most of the teams don't even have wingers now a days (Spurs/Madrid,Barca etc) they have fullbacks who act as wingers, but what they actually have is the ability to beat their man and put a cross it, which our fullbacks are unable to do consistently(Valencia, Darmian, Blind).

Secondly the 4th player mourinho wanted, an actual winger who can keep the width and take on their players from a standing position, i love Rashford but his biggest flaw is he can't beat players from a standing position, Martial is better than him at this, but we still need somebody on the right wing to be able to do this with Martial on the left.

Lastly, a number 10 who can run with the ball but is also able to keep possession and score goals. Yesterday was a perfect example of why i believe we need to upgrade on Miki and Mata, Miki although is able to run with the ball but he is very weak and can hardly keep the ball under pressure, while all other teams with number 10's use their body brilliantly, in fact Mata is far better than Miki in using his body and passing at the right moment, but where he lacks is he doesn't have the turn of pace Miki has where he can leave a man dead. There was a moment yesterday which summed up Mata for me, he received a poor back pass (in second half) in which he was against a defender and then through on goal, he tried to go past him but then his pace deserted him, so he went down and no foul was given.

One thing i will admit, even though i believe we have a brilliant Defence and midfield better than Liverpool and City, but they are just very good going forward with proper wingers in the likes of Sterling, Sane, Mane, Salah and perfect number 10's in De Bruyne, Silva, Coutinho etc.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
People have forgotten some of the tumescent performances we had in championship winning seasons under Ferguson. Even some of our most exciting seasons had games we didn’t get a grip on and dig in for important wins.

We weren’t always throwing 8 players forward with 1-0 leads.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
We've been playing very well and racking up the goals and points so far.

A 1-0 win on an off day for our attack at a tough place to go is more than good enough. Some of you lot with your complaining... :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.