Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I'll give him January and the summer transfer windows to get things right before I even think about turning on him. But if our attack is still a shambles next season serious questions will need to be asked.
We are second in the league and doing much better than last season.

Womp

idiot
We should be smashing Bristol City with no manager. It was just complacency (mixed with some players just being shite *Darmian) from the players. You could argue it's his job to get them ready for the game, which I agree with, but that's not a good enough reason to excuse them.

Axkiko

Second season of Mourinho, and we got knocked out of the first competition now. Let’s see what’s gonna happen on CL and FA cup. If he doesn’t get any trophy this year. I wonder should United stick with him anymore as his record on third season was awful.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Can him in the summer.
Wouldn't give him any more money.

He's not going to win any major titles with United

Barnslig

Let down by the players tonight imo.

No way he instructed his defenders to be flat footed and half asleep. No way he instructed his big guns to be complacent and half arsed.
I get that he didn't tell his players to be shit, but is it not fair to ask what he actually did tell his players? Because they all looked like the Championship team tonight. Didn't look like anyone had any idea what they were actually doing

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I wonder if he genuinely rates McTominay or is he trying to buy into United way of giving youth a chance, we got dominated in the center for the millionth time. This time it was Bristol fecking City, it's infuriating how many second balls we don't contest never mind win, you see City playing midgets in midfield and they run and tackle more than our supposed powerhouse.

Can him in the summer.
Wouldn't give him any more money.

He's not going to win any major titles with United
And hire who?

I don't think he is tactically good enough anymore. Also mentally something is not right. He is not the big confident winner anymore and the same can be said with our team. I think we need to let go in the summer. We will win enough games in the league, but that edge to win titles is gone.
Same question for you as well, hire who?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Has us playing like a league one team.

We’ve been very lucky recently. A few of the wins could easily have been dropped points. Tonight the luck ran out!

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I get that he didn't tell his players to be shit, but is it not fair to ask what he actually did tell his players? Because they all looked like the Championship team tonight. Didn't look like anyone had any idea what they were actually doing
He’s a professional manager. He almost certainly treated this as any other game in terms of preparation. Any doubts about that are just ridiculous.

As others have stated perhaps changing the team to the extent he did was an issue...but those players have the capacity to do the job that was needed. They just didn’t, and I imagine that’s natural complacency which we’ve witnessed on many occasions (Leeds at Home in the FA Cup, MK Dons away in 2014).

Barnslig

I wonder if he genuinely rates McTominay or is he trying to buy into United way of giving youth a chance, we got dominated in the center for the millionth time. This time it was Bristol fecking City, it's infuriating how many second balls we don't contest never mind win, you see City playing midgets in midfield and they run and tackle more than our supposed powerhouse.

This is my biggest problem with our set of players, we dont have any fecking oomph, in the lack of a better word, we seem to chicken out and never get to the second balls.

Paul_Scholes18

I don't think he is tactically good enough anymore. Also mentally something is not right. He is not the big confident winner anymore and the same can be said with our team. I think we need to let go in the summer. We will win enough games in the league, but that edge to win titles is gone.

Rajma

Who was he referring to when he said some players looked like didn't want to be in the office? Reckon it's Blind?

Barnslig

He’s a professional manager. He almost certainly treated this as any other game in terms of preparation. Any doubts about that are just ridiculous.

As others have stated perhaps changing the team to the extent he did was an issue...but those players have the capacity to do the job that was needed. They just didn’t, and I imagine that’s natural complacency which we’ve witnessed on many occasions (Leeds at Home in the FA Cup, MK Dons away in 2014).
I don't doubt for a second that Mou is a professional, and a very, very good manager, but there's been more occasions this season where questions can be raised about what our gameplan actually is, because very often it looks like he spends a lot of time making the defence right, then tosses a lot of attacking players out there and expect them to just get things done.

Borden

Again I am forced to ask: what the hell is going on in training?

Why isn't Mourinho sorting out our atrocious movement?
Why is our tempo and ball circulation (still) so awful?
Why do we keep looking like 11 strangers who have never played together before in their lives?

Other than that, couldn't care less about this cup, so won't be shedding any tears over this.

haram

I think he made a mistake playing both Rashford and Martial. Mata should have played.

Rajma

Yeah was thinking that for a while, he tactically not the most flexible but what made him great is game management and that sense of invincibility sort of aura if you will but doesn't feel like it's still there with him. Let's see though.

Home&Away

And hire who?

Same question for you as well, hire who?
Normally I'd give any youth player plenty of time but I always felt exactly that - mctominnay is more to do about pleasing us alongside not having to change the style of football too much.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
A lot of work ahead in sorting out the squad. It really is not just about the first XI, even though we are short there by about 2-3 players (or 4-5 depending on what our objectives are).

Cadillac

Second season of Mourinho, and we got knocked out of the first competition now. Let’s see what’s gonna happen on CL and FA cup. If he doesn’t get any trophy this year. I wonder should United stick with him anymore as his record on third season was awful.
Who do you suggest replaces him mate? Whoever it is, when the media blow torch gets turned up they will go to water. Just ask LVG and Moyes.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Reading that interview with Terry and how meticulous he is at preparation, then watching us at many, many points this season I have to wonder if he's still that good, or if our players are just thick.

Eddy_JukeZ

Our play has dropped lately. We need to start playing better.

Has to get the team to perform better.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ot maybe he inherited too many players from LVG who don't have right mentality?

Am not sure how you can blame the manager for our teams disjointed and disrespectful play. Ridiculous Slalom attempts from Rashford and Martial instead of playing the easy pass. Thats on them, not the manager

Yagami

Good post resistant
I've gone from being indifferent to him being sacked to being José out. It's not about the results or lack of a title challenge - it's our football. We're horrendous to watch (with or without Pogba).

I'm not going to post anymore negative stuff about him - I'm just going to patiently wait for him to leave. If he proves me wrong then great.

Womp

idiot
Reading that interview with Terry and how meticulous he is at preparation, then watching us at many, many points this season I have to wonder if he's still that good, or if our players are just thick.
I don't think it's either. Terry said he was the same in his second Chelsea stint, I don't see why he'd change so drastically in 2 years. The players aren't thick either imo, it was just a case of them getting complacent. With the players that played today, albeit they were mostly all second string, we should be beating Bristol City with or without a manager.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Has us playing like a league one team.

We’ve been very lucky recently. A few of the wins could easily have been dropped points. Tonight the luck ran out!
How did he have us play like a league 1 team tonight?

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah was thinking that for a while, he tactically not the most flexible but what made him great is game management and that sense of invincibility sort of aura if you will but doesn't feel like it's still there with him. Let's see though.
Jepp it has not been the same since his days in Real Madrid I think. I think maybe getting tactically outclassed by Pep hurt him with his methods not being enough. The defeat against Pep now again must hurt really deep as well. It is difficult, but we should keep on fighting. Overall the results have been good, but we are not performing at our best in the most important games. I think that is a huge problem. Similar to Arsenal under Wenger for a long time.

cyberman

The squad isn't good enough so when we make 10 (!) changes it shows.
Im not sure what tactial work can be done with those players when theres so many changes in a week of 3 games in 6 days though

Paul_Scholes18

Im not sure what tactial work can be done with those players when theres so many changes in a week of 3 games in 6 days though
It is the basic attacking tactics that is not there. That is something you should have worked on over 1,5 years. You can have specific tactics and changes in different games, but basic methods of attacking and breaking down teams is something you should work on over time. You can see that with Pep. They struggled last seasons, but now the work they have done is paying off and they are attacking better as a team.

iKeano

His tactics are pish and he’s a bit of a knob really.
Needs to get back to basics with half those prima donnas. Some coaching wouldn’t go a miss. Looks like they never work on anything to improve week on week other than goal celebrations and dabbing, while José works on alienating himself from everyone and excuses.
We will struggle for top 4 if he doesn’t get his thumb out and pull a team together out of those misfits.

Andersons Dietician

A team with Zlatan,Pogba,Rashford and Martial in it should be able to beat most teams. Let’s not forget the rest of the internationals that were on the pitch. ‘The squad isn’t good enough” honestly some people are having an absolute wum.

Sylar

If we make CL for next season, not even a doubt he stays.
You can see the job he had was much bigger than people would think.
Hes basically having to replace 8 of the starting 11 from the team he inherited. He had a squad but no starting line up imo.

Home&Away

Its not that players like Rashford & martial are not good enough - it's just that they are simply not Jose players. These are the exact type of players that he would have sold at Chelsea because it would be allowed to only for them to come bite him in the back. This isn't Chelsea though.

Think about it : we are asking martial & Rashford to cross the ball in to Lukaku to score. That is just a mess.

He needs it his way with his players & he isn't adaptable enough to utilise the players at his disposal. I don't think he has time to change it the way he wants & I'm not particularly interested in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.