Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxii

Paad
Can we get an updated poll? Maybe in the next week or so when emotions aren’t so high

Heinzesight

Yeah, the guy that run at players and did sweet feck all with it. His last cross over the bar springs into mind. He's as terrible as the rest of our wide options.
The guy that was playing fantastic for us until Sanchez came. Try not to look at 20 odd minutes of a match.

Renegade

When will people realise and understand it really doesn’t matter who we sign. Everyone we sign plays worse than they did for their previous club because we don’t have a style of play. Is it not too much of a coincidence?
Sanchez is a shadow, Di Maria was a shadow. Pogba is a shadow. Mkhi and the list goes on. It needs to be addressed, but people going on about all these players that will improve things.

Reactions: SteveJ

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
At least the cancer to football that is Mourinho would be out of the club. Players we have are good for the most part and a new manager would improve them. Of course we need new signings. But we need a new manager much sooner.
You think Young, Smalling and Jones are good defenders? Not compared to other top clubs such as Madrid/Bayern/Barca. We need signings in the summer for sure. Can you imagine this place if we sign nobody? :lol:

Axkiko

Is there any attacking drills training from Mourinho. He had managed two seasons still couldn't find a way to create chances.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I think it’s fair to say Mourinho out. No gameplan, not a singhle sign of him motivating players enough. Players take their share of criticism but there is no way, they all play like they never played together before putting in minimum effort. This team despite some problems can do much better with more motivation which should come from the manager.
Mourinho is a pragmatic coach, if he doesn’t win anything. It is a bad season. If for some reason luck played its role I would give it to him but it’s just up to him how he sets up the team and which tactics he apllies. He seems totally guttless.

Hope we are seriously monitoring and actively trying to find a replacement. But unfortunately he’s too strong persona to survive and make it to another boring season

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Now isn’t the right time for me to change from being a Jose supporter but I am going to give it some close thought over the summer.

That was utter shite and we managed to somehow outshit Chelsea who gave up on their manager months ago. Embarrassing

3KDré

Wasn't good enough. Trusted Jones again at Wembley despite him costing us against Spurs there and looking poor every time we're not parking the bus. We created probably 1 or 2 chances the entire game, the players don't look fired up under him and they don't look like they've been coached attacking patterns. That'd be fine if it was a one off but it's not.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I understand the frustration but actually this one time I can't see how he was a coward. Way more attacking than Chelsea. Not entirely his fault our forwards shit themselves in every half-decent opening. If there was one important cup game ater which he should have walked it was Sevilla.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Beginning to feel like it doesn't matter who we buy or get rid of. (But sell Jones off just in case.)

Quizierda

Erm...

First season = 2 trophies, mate. Far from a fail.

This season has been a fail, no doubt. but then, last season was a fail for Guardiola, was it not?
Oh yeah, winning the Mickey Mouse cups of England and Europe is such an achievement for Man United - sorry how could I forget about that glorious season..

Ace of Spades

We looked genuinely clueless in that first half, none of the attacking players are getting any joy, unless the ball is lumped up and Lukaku is on his good day and is actually useful, if not we look pointless.

Get rid and get someone positive and atleast optimistic in his approach to football.

Skills

Snitch
12-13 - Madrid Trophyless (how the feck did he manage that with that squad)
13-14 - Chelsea Trophyless
15-16 - Chelsea Trophyless and relegation candidates
17-18 - United Trophyless

Kag

That match summed him up.

This season has been a wonderful exhibition of pathetic football. I'm sadly predicting more of the same to come.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not good enough so far.

Also I imagine Rashford starts ahead of Martial because the latter is going to be sold soon? Because I can't see any other rational reason for this selection choice. Martial is clearly the better footballer.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The decision to start Rashford over Martial is honestly pathetic. I've defended him often since he's been here but I just can't defend that.

He's willing to take chances on our success in order to play his favourites.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Bailly - So is he not good enough anymore?
Ibrahimovic - Did well
Pogba - Not living up to expectations
Mhiki - Rubbish

Lindelof - What was the point?
Lukaku - Done well, still needs to do better
Matic - Best signing so far
Sanchez - Less said about this the better, hopefully much better next season

Looking at the acquisitions and how well they are doing, its not exactly comforting.

JB08

Hypothetically if we were to sack him, who would be the safest replacement, in terms of success?

Axkiko

Record said everything. Broke his own record on final, his 2nd year trophyless. Outdated.

Kearnkoff69

Mourinho's strategy is to be solid and be extremely clinical with your chances. He leaves no room for any mistakes in his system, and unfortunately Jones made the biggest mistake you could against a team like Chelsea that prefers to just sit back and defend. I really don't enjoy watching us play anymore, as we don't have the talent to play a system like that, and I'd rather see us grab games by the scruff of the neck and actually come out looking to attack and win. Has a lot of work to do next season otherwise he should be gone.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You think Young, Smalling and Jones are good defenders? Not compared to other top clubs such as Madrid/Bayern/Barca. We need signings in the summer for sure. Can you imagine this place if we sign nobody? :lol:
Like I said. Yes we need signings, but I would be much happier this summer if we just sacked Mourinho and brought in a progressive and attacking manager because it doesn't matter who we sign, we are going nowhere with Mourinho in charge.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Honestly, if he quit right now would anyone on here feel anything other than relieved and maybe even a bit excited for next season?

Gbenger

The decision to start Rashford over Martial is honestly pathetic. I've defended him often since he's been here but I just can't defend that.

Mourinho is petty like that. I never knew much about his behavior until he became our manager.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bailly - So is he not good enough anymore?
Ibrahimovic - Did well
Pogba - Not living up to expectations
Mhiki - Rubbish

Lindelof - What was the point?
Lukaku - Done well, still needs to do better
Matic - Best signing so far
Sanchez - Less said about this the better, hopefully much better next season

Looking at the acquisitions and how well they are doing, its not exactly comforting.
Yeah, on paper I like this buys. On the pitch they're hugely disappointing.

SirAF

Ageist

Martial didn’t offer much when he came on though. Plenty of nice tippy tap, but nothing else. He wasted, at least, two good chances.

GeorgieBoy

Even after the final whistle today; I think the 2 years he's been here he's done a very good job. He's come in, stabilised us, won us a few cups and brought together a squad who I most think will comfortably get top 4 again next season.

I just don't think he's the right guy to move us forward onto more than that.

Bojan11

Honestly, if he quit right now would anyone on here feel anything other than relieved and maybe even a bit excited for next season?
Not if we go with the same squad as someone above suggested.

The players need to be held responsible too.

Raw

It's been a poor showing by him in the cups this season.

CL: Sevilla. Enough said.
LC: Bristol. Enough said.
FA: Chelsea, while still being a top 6 team, we didn't play well at all. Least we got to the final eh.

His only highlight in all 3 competitions was beating Spurs away. Other than that we've had easy teams.

el3mel

Next season is the last chance. If he's happy with these kind of players, Valencia, Jones, Young, Lingard..etc and are going to make them main players, he can leave as much as them. If you're not going to be ruthless then leave.

I'm finding it pretty hard to love the current United team tbh. No consistency or guts at all. Starting to think we're approaching a Liverpool-like period away from winning the league. Gonna be 10-20 years till we win a meaningful thing again away from these cups.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hypothetically if we were to sack him, who would be the safest replacement, in terms of success?
I don't give a feck about being safe. Get someone who matches the ethos of the club and has the right ideologies. Get someone who will set out to play attacking football and entertain and has in his head the dream to make the best football club. Mourinho's dream is a team that can nullify the best. That's a massive difference IMO.

I've said this loads of times. Pep was nothing before Barca. What was Klopp before Dortmund? What about Zidane (as a manager) before Madrid? Now Kovac is going to Bayern. It's not all about just getting a big name.

JB08

Like I said. Yes we need signings, but I would be much happier this summer if we just sacked Mourinho and brought in a progressive and attacking manager because it doesn't matter who we sign, we are going nowhere with Mourinho in charge.
Ok, that's fair enough, I completely disagree though. I think having this standard of player in our (specifically) defence next season would be absolutely horrifying regardless of manager, and I would have big issues with the Glazers/Woodward if that were the case.

Pyro19

You can handle losing if the players give it a go.

At the moment, you could play Messi and Ronaldo together in this team and we still wouldn't score.

The Mourinho apologists won't ever accept the simple fact that if your entire team looks devoid of playing decent attacking football despite having the 2nd highest spend in the league then maybe just maybe... the problem is with the Manager too.

JB08

I don't give a feck about being safe. Get someone who matches the ethos of the club and has the right ideologies. Get someone who will set out to play attacking football and entertain and has in his head the dream to make the best football club. Mourinho's dream is a team that can nullify the best. That's a massive difference IMO.

I've said this loads of times. Pep was nothing before Barca. What was Klopp before Dortmund? What about Zidane (as a manager) before Madrid? Now Kovac is going to Bayern. It's not all about just getting a big name.
I know, there are good 'risky' choices out there. But I'm wondering who would be a good safe option.

Status
Not open for further replies.