Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
Martial tried to chip Courtois with like 5 minutes play when we were desperate for a goal. Martial did feck all when he came on.
That’s what I’m saying. Put the ball into the bloody box! Don’t chip it from a cute angle at the end of the match.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Bailly - So is he not good enough anymore?
Ibrahimovic - Did well
Pogba - Not living up to expectations
Mhiki - Rubbish

Lindelof - What was the point?
Lukaku - Done well, still needs to do better
Matic - Best signing so far
Sanchez - Less said about this the better, hopefully much better next season

Looking at the acquisitions and how well they are doing, its not exactly comforting.
If i were professional footballer, United had to offer me twice wages the other teams offered, before I agreed joining in. Playing horrible football, and for manager who would publicly humiliate you to cover his horrible football.

iAm20Legend

Still backing him but yes, throughout this season I couldn't be arsed to watch many games, just couldn't get excited enough even if we eventually won. Today felt bad because they were there for the taking, they were nothing special really.

Wayne's World

To be honest, despite finishing second and having more points then since Fergie retired, we have gotten worse under him football wise and it's going to catch up on him If it already has

DownRiver

I honestly don't know why you lot get mad. Mourinho has been given one more season to sort his mess out. If not, then he will bounce. Just save your energy. Not winning can be a silver lining as

a) The board see this as a trophyless season and become less lenient

and

b) extra motivation for Mourinho for next season to prove many wrong.

If he won this trophy, he has nothing to fall back on as an excuse. Just focus on the world cup and if he buys Perisic and Willian, then don't watch man utd for the whole of next season till he is gone.

AndyJ1985

I hope he leaves soon. There's nothing positive to say anymore. He will point to 2nd but it might as well have been 4th. The season is a failure.
I can handle the first 4 points. You can't win everything. But it's the awful football I've had enough of. The thought of another season watching this dross is horrible

gajender

You know what's the worst part is for the allegedly defensive manager and defensive team we aren't even good at defensive side of the game either.

SirAF

Ageist

CAF told me progress?
Yes, and that was correct. Last season though, his detractors were complainkng because of a 6th place when he won two cups. This year they are complaining because of no trophies while there has been a significant improvement in the league in terms of position, wins and goals.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
That’s what I’m saying. Put the ball into the bloody box! Don’t chip it from a cute angle at the end of the match.
I know mate but hey why are we wasting our time on this, there's no telling these Martial fanboys unfortunately. They've wiped that moment from their memories and would rather pretend that he made a difference when he came on. The lad is immune to criticism. Everything is Jose's fault etc.

SirAF

Ageist
I know mate but hey why are we wasting our time on this, there's no telling these Martial fanboys unfortunately. They've wiped that moment from their memory and would rather pretend that he made a difference when he came on. The lad is immune to criticism. Everything is Jose's fault etc.
Such is life!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Meh, they are both rubbish. The only difference is that Martial’s style is easier on the eye with his close control and feints. Either way, I out on the sun! Screw football until august :D
True ! :D

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's funny seeing fans thinking we'll play better football season with shiny new players, because the reality is that we won't. The results might be better overall, but I can't see the football improving. It's not like the players go out there, stand there with the ball looking clueless to spite the manager.

At the moment, he's looking a shadow of his former-self.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I know mate but hey why are we wasting our time on this, there's no telling these Martial fanboys unfortunately. They've wiped that moment from their memories and would rather pretend that he made a difference when he came on. The lad is immune to criticism. Everything is Jose's fault etc.
Nah, it was terrible from Martial and no one is arguing otherwise. Still, he created our only clear cut chance of the game despite all our possession but José fans tend to wipe that from their memories. Hey-ho.

In Rainbows

Yes, and that was correct. Last season though, his detractors were complainkng because of a 6th place when he won two cups. This year they are complaining because of no trophies while there has been a significant improvement in the league in terms of position, wins and goals.
There's a bigger difference between 1st and 2nd, then 2nd from 3rd, and 4th. 2nd isn't really an achievement or some great progress when the league was over by the end of December.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I agree with that but I'm sure he knows he got that wrong. Sanchez had a senseless shot from far out where there was not shot on. Young overhit yet another cross late on. Shit happens.

Martial did, however, do some good things in his 20 odd minutes. He actually had a go at their defenders which no one wanted to. He created a sitter for Pogba. Nothing special of course but nothing deserving of criticism either.

SirAF

Ageist
There's a bigger difference between 1st and 2nd, then 2nd from 3rd, and 4th. 2nd isn't really an achievement or some great progress when the league was over by the end of December.
Of course it is. The average league position post-Ferguson and pre-Jose is 5.3.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Nah, it was terrible from Martial and no one is arguing otherwise. Still, he created our only clear cut chance of the game despite all our possession but José fans tend to wipe that from their memories. Hey-ho.
He had three players in the box he could've passed to but he decided to try and chip a quality goalkeeper who was standing on his line. What a difference maker!

SirAF

Ageist
I agree with that but I'm sure he knows he got that wrong. Sanchez had a senseless shot from far out where there was not shot on. Young overhit yet another cross late on. Shit happens.

Martial did, however, do some good things in his 20 odd minutes. He actually had a go at their defenders which no one wanted to. He created a sitter for Pogba. Nothing special of course but nothing deserving of criticism either.
I can agree with that, but I don’t think his cameo proved that he should have started. I honestly think that this team is still in dire need of quality.

Greck

Every year we don't win is 9 months of dull football with no payoff and having to wait for another 9 months of dull football for a possible payoff.

Canagel

He got beat at his own game today. This for me confirms that he is finished. After two seasons of heavy spending we aren't even a Mourinho team let alone an attacking force like most of us have wanted for years.

marlowe78

Thank God that this season is over and thank God, at this rate, that the tosser will be gone. My only hope is that he won't do too much damage by then and there are still some traces of the United ethos before he got here and began crowding it out.

Most of our performances in 2018 have been mediocre to poor and watching the game today, I felt dead inside. I just find nothing worth looking forward to when I see us play. Usually there are a cup run like this and young players to keep me inspired when the chips are down but our team is completely devoid of personality and excitement. Jose's redeeming feature has been getting results at the expense of looking good and we're really getting neither.

At this point, I've had enough of his 'coaching,' Woodward, and everyone else managing our transfer policy in this club.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He had three players in the box he could've passed to but he decided to try and chip a quality goalkeeper who was standing on his line. What a difference maker!
It was awful, yes, but his cross to Pogba was probably, bar Pogba's great run at the end of the 1st half and de Gea's save from Alonso(?), our best moment of the game. He was by no means perfect and deserves criticism for that horrendous decision he made, but deserves praise for that chance he created, too.

In Rainbows

Now you're asking a question..

I wanted Tuchel but he's at PSG, next suitable option would be Jardim I think.
The problem is that United are so tumescent in regards to sacking managers that we always have the worst choices to choose from. By the time Mou is gone, Jardim will likely not be available.

Woodenlung

Another big game where we look clueless in attack yet posters want to have a go at "Martial fanboys" more than the do the coach.

It's been so obvious for a while now that Mourinho doesn't know how to coach attacking football. We have many good attacking options that he isn't getting anything out of.

I wouldn't allow him to sell any attacking players this summer. It's obvious now that he won't last mch longer. A better manager will do.better with the attacking options.we have at our disposal.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The problem is that United are so tumescent in regards to sacking managers that we always have the worst choices to choose from. By the time Mou is gone, Jardim will likely not be available.
We're far too relative as a club, we need to be more proactive and have a clear plan in place. Either way, I hope we bring in a DoF with the next manager and build towards to something long-term.

Gbenger

He still a good coach but he’s no longer at his peak. In fact, his peak was so good but currently he is far from his best. The Mourinho of old would’ve won either the PL or CL at least within 2 seasons.

His current level isn’t good enough for us to stick with him. His football is shit and there’s no gurantee of big trophies anymore.

Get rid.

We're far too relative as a club, we need to be more proactive and have a clear plan in place. Either way, I hope we bring in a DoF with the next manager and build towards to something long-term.
It's true we don't seem to be proactive at all. I'm sure both of our last appointments were down to time and chance rather than actually planning ahead.

Kostov

If I had any doubt over where should have I put my trust, now is over. The slightest bit of faith I have left is on Mourinho, but if he sells genuine talent like Martial, if give up and he can feck off for good. I'm a bit drunk so feck him either way, this is on Jose.

dove

Another big game where we look clueless in attack yet posters want to have a go at "Martial fanboys" more than the do the coach.

It's been so obvious for a while now that Mourinho doesn't know how to coach attacking football. We have many good attacking options that he isn't getting anything out of.

I wouldn't allow him to sell any attacking players this summer. It's obvious now that he won't last mch longer. A better manager will do.better with the attacking options.we have at our disposal.
If you want to prove a point how clueless we are in attack, today's game is definitely not the best example. We played well in second half and created more than enough chances to score an equaliser playing against 11 men behind the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.