Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Martial didn’t offer much when he came on though. Plenty of nice tippy tap, but nothing else. He wasted, at least, two good chances.
I disagree with that, Rashford didn't even play as a striker, he was everywhere but the box, and when he did get chances he was poor.

Martial added urgency and made it difficult for Azpi while he was on, plus bringing Rashford on as a substitute to run in behind defences would've been a better tactic late in the game too.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He hasn't done good enough at all so far and it's been largely disappointing, and all the worst Mourinho fears (shit football, alienating players) have largely come to fruition. Given the fact that he's usually pretty shite in his third season I really wouldn't give a toss if we fecked him off now, but we won't, he will stay, and I hope he actually delivers, but I don't think he will.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Expecting more of the same next season. Don't really have any hope for us until the 19/20 season where he will most likely be gone.

El Zoido

I can’t see that another manager would improve us. There’s something horribly wrong at this club.

Give Jose another year and see what happens imo. I hate the football but we need a solid core first, and Jose is the man to deliver that.

Castia

The scary part is it doesn’t matter how much we spend we’re gonna serve this shite up whilst he’s here. It just feels like we could have Messi and not improve because our system is fecking ancient.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Martial didn’t offer much when he came on though. Plenty of nice tippy tap, but nothing else. He wasted, at least, two good chances.
He was about 5 times the threat Rashford was and put in the corner for a piss easy chance for Pogba. Also, he did not have two good chances. He had no real chances. A shot on the turn and a shot after a shift to the right in a crowded box that were both blocked arent 'good chances'.

Ace of Spades

Conte is probably going to be sacked, and he has achieved more in his two seasons than Jose, but we will still be stuck with this dullard.

Pyro19

Honestly, if he quit right now would anyone on here feel anything other than relieved and maybe even a bit excited for next season?
I would be infinitely more excited for the next season.

Cheeky bid for Zidane perhaps :devil:

SirAF

Ageist
I disagree with that, Rashford didn't even play as a striker, he was everywhere but the box, and when he did get chances he was poor.

Martial added urgency and made it difficult for Azpi while he was on, plus bringing Rashford on as a substitute to run in behind defences would've been a better tactic late in the game too.
Meh, they are both rubbish. The only difference is that Martial’s style is easier on the eye with his close control and feints. Either way, I out on the sun! Screw football until august :D

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Disappointing end to a forgettable season. If Mourinho isn't delivering trophies then what is the fecking point? Hopefully the apologists learned something today but somehow I dont think they will.
Seriously. Mourinho basically kills the youngsters we have at the club, to the point that the best u21 player in the world at the time of Mourinho arrival (Martial) is now on his way out of the club, and every flair player has been unhappy at one point or another. The fans are bored as feck every single game, with absolutely no progression in terms of play style. And for what? For top 4 and random chances at smaller trophies? feck that.

If we aren't winning the Champions league or Premier league, then the absolute minimum is entertaining football and a progression with the youngsters. That's the bare minimum.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Jones over Bailly was an insane decision. I back Jose but sometimes he does things that baffle me.

We are told, through the media, that Jose plays a reactive game because he doesn't trust his defence. Compelling when you see the defence we started with today. However, we started without Bailly because of Jose. So he has to answer for that.

We lost today 'in the details,' as the saying goes. Bailly's quick enough to run back with Hazard, Jones aint. Put Bailly on Hazard and we'd be watching extra time right now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Attack hasn't improved one bit in two years. We will still persist with the turf football.

Erics_Collar

Not trying to give a hot take or anything, but honestly, the only thing I'm looking forward to for next season is that I'm confident it will be Mourinho's last at United.

It doesn't matter who we sign - I have zero confidence that this club is any state for them to perform well at.

SirAF

Ageist
He was about 5 times the threat Rashford was and put in the corner for a piss easy chance for Pogba. Also, he did not have two good chances. He had no real chances. A shot on the turn and a shot after a shift to the right in a crowded box that were both blocked arent 'good chances'.
«Martial FC»

The United

I can’t see that another manager would improve us. There’s something horribly wrong at this club.

Give Jose another year and see what happens imo. I hate the football but we need a solid core first, and Jose is the man to deliver that.
Like what though?

Raw

Bailly - So is he not good enough anymore?
Ibrahimovic - Did well
Pogba - Not living up to expectations
Mhiki - Rubbish

Lindelof - What was the point?
Lukaku - Done well, still needs to do better
Matic - Best signing so far
Sanchez - Less said about this the better, hopefully much better next season

Looking at the acquisitions and how well they are doing, its not exactly comforting.
Really isn't. Look at the likes of City and Liverpool, plenty of smart buys that instantly improve the team. Though maybe its because they have an attractive style of play that helps players bring out the best of their abilities.

Whereas we're shoving players in a static style of play that just saps creativity. I feel like if you put the likes of Pogba and Sanchez in City or Liverpool, they'll be absolutely devastating.

I don't give a feck about being safe. Get someone who matches the ethos of the club and has the right ideologies. Get someone who will set out to play attacking football and entertain and has in his head the dream to make the best football club. Mourinho's dream is a team that can nullify the best. That's a massive difference IMO.

I've said this loads of times. Pep was nothing before Barca. What was Klopp before Dortmund? What about Zidane (as a manager) before Madrid? Now Kovac is going to Bayern. It's not all about just getting a big name.
Exactly we need to take a risk with the next manager we pick. We can't keep picking negative managers then act surprised when the football is poor.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Today I changed my vote. I'm not seeing enough progress for the money spent. I don't see us building something.

A small part says one more season and another says, but will it ever get better.

Gbenger

Rashford has been proven to be complete shit in that striker position in many games in a row building up to this match. That’s enough reason not to start him.

Martial played as a striker in the game against Everton and scored a goal IIRC.

He’s better than Rashford as CF or even as LF.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Really isn't. Look at the likes of City and Liverpool, plenty of smart buys that instantly improve the team. Though maybe its because they have an attractive style of play that helps players bring out the best of their abilities.

Whereas we're shoving players in a static style of play that just saps creativity. I feel like if you put the likes of Pogba and Sanchez in City or Liverpool, they'll be absolutely devastating.
Forget about attractive, they have a system of play whether attractive or not. We do not seem to have any system of play when it comes to trying to score goals.

Canagel

I hope he leaves soon. There's nothing positive to say anymore. He will point to 2nd but it might as well have been 4th. The season is a failure.

Minimalist

I hope he leaves soon. There's nothing positive to say anymore. He will point to 2nd but it might as well have been 4th. The season is a failure.
Nah but you see the 'awful football' thing is just ABUs and stuff with their anti-Mourinho agenda. In reality, we play great stuff.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

We won the second place trophy tjough.

In Rainbows

Hypothetically if we were to sack him, who would be the safest replacement, in terms of success?
I've always been of the opinion that a progressive manager is the way forward. The problem with Moyes wasn't his inexperience with a big club. It was his dinosaur tactics. The reason why Giggs shouldn't and didn't get considered is not do to his experience managing a big club. It was due to the huge question mark on what type of manager he would be. Does he really know what he's doing?

I would go for Jardim.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He plays percentage football, and today he got Phil Jones'd.

He represents everything Fergie didn't as a manager. No belief in players, belief in the system - his system. No sense of adventure, all about control. No enjoyment, rather pragmatism.

Does anyone honestly believe we'll get better next year under him?

If City are going to walk the league, we might as well play some nice football.

Raw

Forget about attractive, they have a system of play whether attractive or not. We do not seem to have any system of play when it comes to trying to score goals.
That's true. I'm struggling to think of what our "style" is. And it's not tactical, defensive football. Look at Atletico for that. We leak chances and hope De Gea saves our arses.

dove

Wait a sec, why are you all raging here? I thought you should be happy because we were quite exciting in the second half? 18 shots to 6, 66% possession so what's the matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.