g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It's not the midfield three's fault though, isn't it? Stoke chances comes from doing long diagonal ball to the left, they hardly ever gotten through the middle, it's more like because Baily had the worst games in his life probably, and both Jones and Darmian seems unable to communicate with each other

I mean if Baily and Jones didn't make mistakes we would have won and I bet people would praise the midfield three for being solid, rather than the inclusion of Herrera, imo the inclusion of Darmian hurt us more, at least with Blind he overlap constantly and can do more than passing the ball back every time he got the ball
Yeah, I agree that we lost points because of the centre backs. In retrospect, though, I don't think Ander made us greatly more dominant in midfield. One could argue we lost some attacking impetus as a result.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
We had the perfect chance to make a perfect start. This draw was not a good sign and the worst thing is that we could even had lost this game.
We didn't controlled the game and we cracked under pressure. We've all seen this last season, so let's hope this was an exception for this season.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Footballing Einstein's saying the manager made the wrong tactical decision. No doubt if we had drawn with a 4-2-3-1 they would have said that we needed Hererra in this game and Mata wasnt physical enough.

Just making shite up to justify two dropped points; sometimes you dont perfrom up to standard and the defenders have a horrible game.

Sylar

I think hes been 9/10 so far this season with lineups, subs and such. Hope it continues with standard Jose second season form.

reelworld

Besides the trophies, he's man management is superb so far. His handling of Rooney and Fellaini is a great achievement. Phasing out Rooney without any fuss.
I never thought I'd see Fellaini as a useful player, but Mourinho manage that and some more.

barmyarmy

Fellaini and Rojo improved immensely under him and got great performances from players in certain games like Darmian in EL final. Gave more than decent amount of chances to players like lingard, young, blind and hasn't shipped them out of team unlike Pep who completely changed the team & sold players left right & center.

marlowe78

Approached yesterday perfectly. No faffing about, put them right on the back foot and dominated the game. Pleased with how squad players are putting in very good performances.

Also wore a raincoat to the touchline. Tactical masterpiece.

Eddy_JukeZ

Well our attack is creating bucket load of chances similarly to last season's beginning so far.

So clearly Jose has improved our attack by a good amount.

Just need to make them count.

Womp

idiot
Let's get a good victory at Everton and keep the momentum going. Jose has been decent so far this season, but I'd be very surprised if we won the league with our selection of fullbacks and almost no proper cover for Matic. Here's hoping though.

prtk0811

Let's get a good victory at Everton and keep the momentum going. Jose has been decent so far this season, but I'd be very surprised if we won the league with our selection of fullbacks and almost no proper cover for Matic. Here's hoping though.
Carrick is our back up to matic.

Womp

idiot
Carrick is our back up to matic.
Doesn't have the legs to play that role like Matic does. Good on the ball and still a great passer, but he's not going to be winning balls back and closing players down nearly as much.

ti vu

Doesn't have the legs to play that role like Matic does. Good on the ball and still a great passer, but he's not going to be winning balls back and closing players down nearly as much.
I don't think we're employing like for like back up. We have different options to replace players when the situation requires. For this instance, Carrick may not has the leg, but we can have Herrera to partner him to help him out.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think he seems passionate this season. Get the feeling last season he felt like he was mostly going through the motions until he can bring in more players that he wants.

SirAF

Ageist
I think he seems passionate this season. Get the feeling last season he felt like he was mostly going through the motions until he can bring in more players that he wants.
His father's illness also probably played its part.

Yakuza_devils

Mourinho is doing wonder with our squad players like Fellanni, Young, Jones, Rojo and Valencia. They have all shown massive improvement under Mourinho.

He is also very good in handling young players like Rashord, Martial and Lingard who have been playing very well.

Crucially, he has also formed a new spine for the team in DeGea, Baily, Matic, Pogba, Micky, Lukaku and Zlatan.

With his tactical acumen and great man management, I feel like we are under Sir Alex all over again. Mourinho is building something special. The third summer transfer window will complete the rebuilding into a dynasty.

Reactions: Penna

babyelephant

Mark my word people. we gonna create history this season. I trust Mourinho. He always deliver. Best manager in EPL so far. If sept went well, he deserves that manager of the month award!

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
No denying we had some bad missed last year but I think overall we are creating better quality chances so far this season.

ReallyUSA

He was pretty crap before Mourinho. Can you name a single good performance before last season?
I can't remember any bad ones. If I search through my posts on another forum, I can tell you how many times he was horrible at LB though. He had silent, tidy games at CB in both the 3 and 2 CB set ups.

Sigma

He was average at best. Remember him making a few mistakes as well such as against Arsenal in the FA cup.
Looking back at this thread when Valencia got injured for during the first part of the 2015/16 season against City:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/antonio-valencia-faces-five-months-out.411437/

A lot of the responses there seem to think he was a good right back there. I think people have forgotten that he was good this season, simply because he didn't play a lot of games due to his injury. When he came back and was fit, he was van Gaal's first choice right back.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We've improved massively under him, on a team level but also individually. I like him a lot so far and I love the spirit he created. The only outstanding point is how well we'll do against the big teams.

izec

His body language and attitude changed to be honest. Always shaved, always proper tight clothing, he looks healthier, fitter and better. Like someone ready to go for and win big titles. He believes again, while last year he didnt believe we could challenge with the better teams.

SirMattBugsby

Mourinho is doing wonder with our squad players like Fellanni, Young, Jones, Rojo and Valencia. They have all shown massive improvement under Mourinho.

He is also very good in handling young players like Rashord, Martial and Lingard who have been playing very well.

Crucially, he has also formed a new spine for the team in DeGea, Baily, Matic, Pogba, Micky, Lukaku and Zlatan.

With his tactical acumen and great man management, I feel like we are under Sir Alex all over again. Mourinho is building something special. The third summer transfer window will complete the rebuilding into a dynasty.
Mark my word people. we gonna create history this season. I trust Mourinho. He always deliver. Best manager in EPL so far. If sept went well, he deserves that manager of the month award!
Let's take it slowly. We don't wanna wake up pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.