Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VJ1762

That's the thing. All this happened with us initially too. Remember the series of 4-0 wins during the start of his second season? Soon he will lay his imprint on the squad, serve shit on stick football against any semi decent opponent and the players will stop buying into his philosophy and you know the rest.
Already started with the Matic and Fellaini rumours. I would give it 18 months.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

With anyone else you might think he finally learned his lesson. When talking about Mourinho one just knows how it is going to end.
That being said I do not believe that he is doing permanent damage to his clubs like it is often mentioned. Yes he is not one bringing the club forward for the long run but it surely was not his fault that we still have been shite when he left.

romufc

That's the thing. All this happened with us initially too. Remember the series of 4-0 wins during the start of his second season? Soon he will lay his imprint on the squad, serve shit on stick football against any semi decent opponent and the players will stop buying into his philosophy and you know the rest.
Spurs fans think he is a changed man and will be different because he doesn't have the pressure to win a league title.

Jose when he started with us, there was a buzz players wanted to play for him we signed Zlatan and Pogba and there was a real feel good factor, the same as what is going on at Spurs at the moment.

Jose is very good for the first year, gets the fans together, media love him and then something happens and toys come out the pram.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good win for them today although from the summaries sounds like Wolves dominated and they were very lucky. Still typical Mourinho away performance to reasonably good team and they will be back in top 4 if they beat Chelsea next weekend which is obvious short term goal.

Kostov

Funny thing about their win today for me is, although a typical Mourinho win but why didn't he manage to get one of those against Wolves with us? Makes me think he has more of his type of players at Spurs for starters, and he will do well. Already above us in the table.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Funny thing about their win today for me is, although a typical Mourinho win but why didn't he manage to get one of those against Wolves with us? Makes me think he has more of his type of players at Spurs for starters, and he will do well. Already above us in the table.
He only managed you once against them, OGS had all the games at Molinuex where you've struggled in last year.

Cliche Guevara

He very much has a Mourinho squad. He’ll probably do well there as it’s a completely different set of expectations he’s been used to and there’s far less pressure.

If the players give him their all and he does reasonably well, there’s no reason to think it won’t be a good match.

Paul_Scholes18

He is going to get them into top 4. They had 12 points up to Chelsea when he got the job. Now it is only 3 points and he is ahead of us too.

Although CL will be the big test for him. I don't expect them to go far, but he can do well as an underdog.

Paul_Scholes18

He only played Wolves in one game.

always_hoping

A win for Spurs will put next week will put them 4th for Christmas a big turnaround from pochettino who left spurs in 11th place and 9 points off 4th.

Jose had a big dig at Poch today saying the old spurs would have caved in against Wolves .

Kostur

海尔的老板
A win for Spurs will put next week will put them 4th for Christmas a big turnaround from pochettino who left spurs in 11th place and 9 points off 4th.

Jose had a big dig at Poch today saying the old spurs would have caved in against Wolves .
Not sure it's a dig at Poch though, they both like one another.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He is going to get them into top 4. They had 12 points up to Chelsea when he got the job. Now it is only 3 points and he is ahead of us too.

Although CL will be the big test for him. I don't expect them to go far, but he can do well as an underdog.
I can see them salvaging top 4, they've come on at the right time. Chelsea have slumped, and they've also got the hard away games that were under Poch out of the way.. Us, City, Arsenal, United, Leicester. Mourinho will get them a higher return of just 2 points from that lot at home second half of the season.

Sterling Archer

Woodward was actively pushing player power over the manager. A lot of folks say Jose was toxic for no reason and the players just fell out with him. Jose is a disciplinarian. When you undermine him, you get the chaos that ensues.

When one parent is strict and the other very forgiving and lenient, discipline becomes rather complex and the hierarchy thrown off

simplyared

He couldn't have found a better club imo. Even though we beat them, they have better quality in their squad than we have. So he's working with better players. Simple as that!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Woodward was actively pushing player power over the manager. A lot of folks say Jose was toxic for no reason and the players just fell out with him. Jose is a disciplinarian. When you undermine him, you get the chaos that ensues.

When one parent is strict and the other very forgiving and lenient, discipline becomes rather complex and the hierarchy thrown off
Disciplinarian who lacks discipline. Must be a new one.

Jose is not a parent in your example btw, he is one of those cnut uncles who just shits on every family member in front of relatives and then praise themselves and their kids.

Sterling Archer

Disciplinarian who lacks discipline. Must be a new one.

Jose is not a parent in your example btw, he is one of those cnut uncles who just shits on every family member in front of relatives and then praise themselves and their kids.
I have always held that anyone surprised that Jose was like that should see themselves out the door.

In this case it's Ed Woodward and any Manchester United fan that wasn't willing to grab a spoon and eat that sht up with a smile on their face. It's remarkable that there's such a sour feeling here about Jose as if it were a surprise. Kind of like folks that voted for Trump thinking he'd somehow turn into this non masoginistic non racist immigrant and labor friendly man after taking seat.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I have always held that anyone surprised that Jose was like that should see themselves out the door.

In this case it's Ed Woodward and any Manchester United fan that wasn't willing to grab a spoon and eat that sht up with a smile on their face. It's remarkable that there's such a sour feeling here about Jose as if it were a surprise. Kind of like folks that voted for Trump thinking he'd somehow turn into this non masoginistic non racist immigrant and labor friendly man after taking seat.
Wow, manager was a cnut, he was known for that and somehow you want people to worship him. And then in other threads you come up with "good of club > any manager".

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Fans didn't appoint Jose, so your comparison is a bit silly. Some fans knew he was a cnut, didn't like him before he became manager, whilst he was manager and still don’t. Because hes a cnut

You don’t need to be surprised for there to be a sour feeling

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Early days but Spurs still seem rubbish whenever the play a half decent team in the league. Were very lucky to beat Wolves last week and their performance today first half and at Man. United are as bad as anything Poch has served up this season. Kane dosen't look right either in this style.

Interested to see what changes he makes in the January transfer window.

Woodenlung

They're a bit better than they were at the end of Pochettino's tenure, but Spurs fans must have expected more than what they're getting? They're still just as disjointed in defence and attack as they were at the start of the season.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Less Lamelas, more Diers ... we all know an old dog can’t learn new tricks?

Bojan11

They're a bit better than they were at the end of Pochettino's tenure, but Spurs fans must have expected more than what they're getting? They're still just as disjointed in defence and attack as they were at the start of the season.
Attack is fine.

They just don’t know who to play in midfield. Their two CM signings haven’t done much yet. They also playing a centre back as left and right back isn’t much better.

Spurs a few years ago probably had the best full backs in the league.

Skills

Snitch
Must be the first time in about 15 years he's being asked to do a job with the players he has at the club first and foremost. Normally he comes in and spunks a £100m first.

RORY65

It must hurt him to see one of his most loyal disciples playing a modern, progressive style rather than mimicking his type of football in any way.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Going to need 100M minimum to fix this eh Jose? Have you met Mr Daniel Levy? ;)

Bojan11

They need new fullbacks.

But Jose has been awful in big games for a long time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He would've suited Arsenal more because he's a tactical dinosaur