Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woodenlung

That performance was every bit as listless as United's during his third season as manager.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
His spurs side Remin me of Jose's man united.
Sit deep.
Slow build up.
It's early days for him at Spurs,but his Spurs side has helped me deduce that he was over the hill (tactically),before coming to United.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Another big game another pathetic performance.

His team is stronger against bottom feeders because they actually had an initial foundation and coaching within them. He’ll ring that out soon.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sit deep.
Slow build up.
It's early days for him at Spurs,but his Spurs side has helped me deduce that he was over the hill (tactically),before coming to United.
It's uncanny, they play exactly as we did which made think about all these posters that were adamant that the players weren't following his instructions.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
They were pretty bad before José, they just continued to play badly. The new manager bounce works worst against stronger teams

Yagami

Good post resistant
Early signs suggest that those that said Winks would be in trouble were right to think so.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
No reason to pine for him at United.

Would honestly take Lampard here as manager if it was possible. Even Rodgers as much as I dislike his persona.

redshaw

He should watch Son's left foot kick him in the groin, studs facing upwards. He raises both feet and it's easy to watch Son's right foot glance the upper body. Also the Chelsea player holds his lower abdomen groin area. Very naughty from Son and I can't see any provocation to warrant a kick out like that.

Cloud7

Sit deep.
Slow build up.
Mourinho does the exact same thing everywhere he goes, especially so in big games, so it really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone except those that used to claim we were crap under him because the players were crap and not because José is past it and can’t set up a team to do anything differently from what he did a decade ago.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Given how he left both Chelsea and Manchester United at a low ebb at the point of departure I'm amazed Spurs hired him. Yes he'll like living in London again but I think managerially he is a busted flush. Working for a chairman who keeps a tight eye on finances I'm amazed he has been hired. His track record in terms of signings at United was poor. Yes he wins trophies wherever he goes but he will have a meltdown at Spurs once the shit hits the fan. He doesn't dig himself out of difficulties at a club. He just keeps digging until firing him is the only answer for his current employer.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This tenure will be interesting no doubt. Could it be his shortest tenure?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I do think he will be given a half season on 20/21.
If things go wrong he will be given the boot next December top.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Particularly classy crediting the win to 'Conte's system which Chelsea have been playing for two years' instead of Lampard. This presser is pointing towards an early meltdown.
I think he meant they played 3 at the back which is Conte’s system, so he had to change tactics in the second half.

thepolice123

Shocking how the Spurs team looks and played exactly like us when we were under him.

Insistence on playing a washed up defensive midfielder - Matic/Dier

Physical workhorses in midfield - Sissoko/Fellaini

Dislike of technical midfielders - Pogba/Dembele

Wingers and Striker overworked with defensive duties

Setting up a low defensive line

Poor pressing from the front

Slow build up

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I feel like this isn't the right time to talk shite about him and Tottenham now that We've just lost against fecking Watford 2-0.

Canagel

Early signs suggest that those that said Winks would be in trouble were right to think so.
He has no interest in Ndombele/Lo Celso either. But what's else did you expect from a anti football manager? His meltdown will be even faster this time, the club don't have the spending power that he has been used to and his coaching method is terrible as ever.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Poor Son :lol:
That's obviously not from the Chelsea game, but you still have to ask wtf is he doing? What did Son do so badly against Olympiakos?

He's quite blatantly doing it too. Wonder how he treated him after the game tonight.

LInkash

I feel like this isn't the right time to talk shite about him and Tottenham now that We've just lost against fecking Watford 2-0.
It's the best time, we're not getting any joy from our team at the moment so we have to make do with this.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Got nothing to do with Spurs, they're doing well overall right now and will definitely win something during his time there. Heck they may even fluke their way to a CL if Kane and Alli turn up in key moments.

It's got everything to do with Jose, and how his patterns of behaviour are so predictable. It's got to do with how much relief it is to see such toxicity somewhere else. Like an ex you broke up with who is now making life miserable for her new partner in old familiar once-infuriating ways. It's vindication, not our fecking problem anymore. I'll never forget that football heritage presser.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
When we appointed him, a lot of PT members here pointed that Mourinho was not even the best portuguese manager atm.

slored1

Spurs will regret the decision to hand Mourinho the jobs for years to come. He's past it and has no place managing top teams anymore. Just look at the midfield he put out yesterday, horrendous.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We are seriously lacking in midfield and it is killing us. N'Dombele needs to get fit and play every single match.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs will regret the decision to hand Mourinho the jobs for years to come. He's past it and has no place managing top teams anymore. Just look at the midfield he put out yesterday, horrendous.
Please explain how that is Mourinho's fault? The midfield we have has been under resourced for several transfer windows - thats on the club not Jose. When the one consistent player you have available in midfield is Sissoko you are in trouble.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Is Winks & Ndombele getting no game time?
Winks has looked utterly lost when paired with Sissoko and N'Dombele hasnt really been fit since he came to the club. Once N'Dombele gets fit we should look better but at the minute that midfield is nowhere near good enough.

Cloud7

That's obviously not from the Chelsea game, but you still have to ask wtf is he doing? What did Son do so badly against Olympiakos?

He's quite blatantly doing it too. Wonder how he treated him after the game tonight.
I predicted early on that his chosen victim at Spurs was gonna be either Son or Eriksen. Looks like I wasn’t far off:lol:

Please explain how that is Mourinho's fault? The midfield we have has been under resourced for several transfer windows - thats on the club not Jose. When the one consistent player you have available in midfield is Sissoko you are in trouble.
Winks is a better option than Dier tbh