Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Not only do we have Caf physios, but now we have people so adept at psychology they can read Jose quitting for personal reasons out of a post match interview.
I can tell by the slant in your punctuation that you have a scar on your knee, and will soon meet a tall dark stranger.

spiriticon

Has Jose ever smiled when he won a minor trophy? It's just business as usual for him

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Poor media might have to praise him a bit now :(:(

They went from worshipping him to considering him not "cool enough" and past it.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
If only we had Klopp. Probably would have lost the final but at least he would be smiling

Ole90+3

In no one's personal life is everything ok. Just hope he keeps winning trophies and, yes if there's a correlation between personal tragedy and Manchester United's success bring on the heartache for Jose, his family, and his loved ones. Anyone who says otherwise is not a real Manchester United fan.
What on earth are you talking about?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Nothing wrong with Jose's interview. Of course he's relieved to win the first trophy with us, but he knows we have big hurdles ahead. Once tonight is over, the team should forget about this win until the end of the season and just move on to the next game and competition. I reckon Jose will refocus their minds.

MullerUtd

I'm rather disturbed by Jose Mourinho's body language. He didn't even smile ffs and when he did, he looks so forced. I know its merely a league cup but if you actually watched his post match interview when he won the league cup for Chelsea back in his first season when he came back, it's complete opposite from what we saw today. I don't understand why he looks so grumpy and moody, hope nothing serious going on in his personal life. Can't see other managers behaving like this, not even Wenger who's been abused by his own fans. If this were Klopp, he would probably behave as though he's on ecstasy. It's good to set your bar high and not just be contented with a league cup win, but if I were one of the players and I just won the first domestic trophy in the league in my new manager's first season whom I've been trying to impress all season, I'd be kind of demoralized to see my manager look so upset. This is the wrong message to send out to the players.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
An acceptance of mediocrity has been a real problem at this club since SAF left. Glad Jose isn't bouncing around like a cheerleader after an undeserved victory in a budget cup. I know one Opel peddling twat that would.

Hammerfell

They are consistently wrong but they are relentless.
I'm rather disturbed by Jose Mourinho's body language. He didn't even smile ffs and when he did, he looks so forced. I know its merely a league cup but if you actually watched his post match interview when he won the league cup for Chelsea back in his first season when he came back, it's complete opposite from what we saw today. I don't understand why he looks so grumpy and moody, hope nothing serious going on in his personal life. Can't see other managers behaving like this, not even Wenger who's been abused by his own fans. If this were Klopp, he would probably behave as though he's on ecstasy. It's good to set your bar high and not just be contented with a league cup win, but if I were one of the players and I just won the first domestic trophy in the league in my new manager's first season whom I've been trying to impress all season, I'd be kind of demoralized to see my manager look so upset. This is the wrong message to send out to the players.
Fantastic timing.

Ixion

I liked his comment about nothing being more important to the development of a team than winning titles. It's why he's a winner and Wenger has turned Arsenal into a side that only looks to finish top 4 every year.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Ben Foster mentioned how he was disturbed by how little the United team celebrated when we last won the league cup.

Jose simply understands the Standard a at this club. Some fans seem to have forgotten.

Jazz

I think he's fine. The only personal thing might be that stupid story in the scum Sun today about some woman and her children that he gave some tickets etc. Of course they were insinuating something going on. It's an annoying story but I doubt it will totally spoil this win...

red4ever 79

He was deservedly pi ssed at our performance. We got away with that one. Southampton were the better team and were desperately unlucky. One thing is for sure we need to up our game if we want to lift anymore silverware this season

NC11

An acceptance of mediocrity has been a real problem at this club since SAF left. Glad Jose isn't bouncing around like a cheerleader after an undeserved victory in a budget cup. I know one Opel peddling twat that would.
This.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
It is a little worrying but he has looked down from the day he got here.

Woodzy

Nail on the head.

The last thing Mourinho wants right now is for the players to start thinking 'mission accomplished'. We have still got a lot of work to do, and we all know that a domestic cup means feck all to us if we don't make the Champions League (just ask LvG).

Devil may care

He was clearly unhappy about the performance level, it's his nature, he knows Ibra saved our bacon today and that can't last.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He was deservedly pi ssed at our performance. We got away with that one. Southampton were the better team and were desperately unlucky. One thing is for sure we need to up our game if we want to lift anymore silverware this season
Exactly. He probably told them in the dressing-room that they've no chance of experiencing this feeling again this season if they play like that again.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If he went overboard it would look worse.

He understands that is only a small enough cup to win and he has a game to prepare for next week. Then Rostov and Chelsea after that.

If we won the Champions League and behaved like that I would be concerned. But not after winning this cup and playing so poorly as well.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
I know we were bad but he looked like he was about to cry or that he had indeed already cried. The comment about looking emotional because of the pressure of the game was a rare slip as well, the spritely young tactician who had a plan for every situation is long gone, it was definitely a big emotional release that is not entirely related to the standard of play.
Yeah the win was probably a big sense of relief for him.

SteveJ

Scout
I liked his comment about nothing being more important to the development of a team than winning titles. It's why he's a winner and Wenger has turned Arsenal into a side that only looks to finish top 4 every year.
I was reading an Arsenal fans' board the other day. A poster mentioned experiencing 'the glory of top 4'; nobody called him out on it. Nobody.

Devil81

Hope he is OK. It does look quite concerning that he has never seemed the same since being sacked by Chelsea.
He wasn't the same Jose during his second stint at Chelsea either, Madrid knocked the stuffing out of him in my opinion.

He's not lost his managerial ability, just the youthful excitement we seen during his spells at Porto, Chelsea and Inter.

Jazz

Yeah the win was probably a big sense of relief for him.
Considering how it ended at Chelsea for him I reckon he lost a bit of self confidence. It was really important this win for him to prove he's still got something... maybe not what he used to be, but he can still win..

Boycott

Sir Alex wrote in his first book that he regretted the Cup Final interview with Aberdeen. Not the content - they played very poorly - but because that team was punching above their weight and it was a demoralising for those players to hear their manager berate them after winning a trophy.

Obviously Manchester United is a different beast but whatever you think of a trophy and where it ranks in importance - winning it is still a wonderful achievement. You should live in the present moment, enjoy it and then when the dust settles move on to bigger and better things. People might like to go on about having a winning mentality and never being satisfied but if you obsess about tomorrow you're going to miserable.

SirAF

Ageist
You are all crazy! Who cares if he wasn't grinning like the lunatic who is in charge of Liverpool?

SteveJ

Scout
Also...he'll be aware that his selection & tactics didn't really work today. Not surprising if he's a bit down.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think he acknowledged that we didn't really deserve the cup + the fact we're being dragged by a 35 year old is a matter of concern. The rebuilding stage is daunting

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Exactly. Saw this one United fan in the crowd, old bloke must of been in his mid 70s(Probably a Scot who's just travel down for the day, dam plastic fans)and he was smiling and clapping. Doesn't he know this club history and the standards we set ourselves. Actually here he is

The look of cheerfulness and happiness on his face, it was disgracefully. I almost kicked the dog when I saw this on the telly.

But seriously some of you lot on here would give mystic meg a run for her money, with the amount of shite that gets talked about.
Disclaimer - I don't have a dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.