Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's not a man utd level player so I am never surprised when he is not in the line up
Lord knows what that makes Fellaini.
-
It's an away game against a pretty physical side, I don't really think there was any chance of Mata playing today.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I cringe whenever i see him on the bench, its Chelsea all over again we should sell him for at least £16 million this summer

Roboc7

He is back in same situation he was in at Chelsea, when we sell it will be for a big loss though, perfect example of why you shouldn't panic buy in January.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lord knows what that makes Fellaini.
-
It's an away game against a pretty physical side, I don't really think there was any chance of Mata playing today.
He should be starting though, mata destroys Newcastle single handedly every time he plays against them, be it for us or for Chelsea.

Kazi

Fellaini being picked ahead of him isn't criminal. Falcao and Van Persie continually being picked ahead of him after shit performances week-in week-out was criminal. Hope he can get his place back in the team, has a lot to offer.

prarek

He's the last name on the sheet at present. Everyone is ahead of him - Fellaini, Januzaj, Di Maria. Even Jones in midfield would be ahead of him. Lets be honest. He's way too handsome for LVG.

Varun

Staff
He's the last name on the sheet at present. Everyone is ahead of him - Fellaini, Januzaj, Di Maria. Even Jones in midfield would be ahead of him. Lets be honest. He's way too handsome for LVG.
In the midfield we're playing today, his competition is with Herrera and its no real surprise to see Herrera winning that one. Unless you see Van Gaal playing both Herrera and Mata in a middle 3.

JUPITER

He's doomed (assuming being sold off to Spain/wherever in the summer counts as doomed).
Doomed to spend his days playing football in the sun, earning more in a week than any of us earn in a year...

Poor fecker.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pure writing on the wall material if he's not starting with VP and Falcao out.

Never quite thought he was the right fit, but after his Chelsea exploits you couldn't think it wasn't a good signing

VP

It took LVG six months to realize that Herrera was a good player - wonder how long before the penny drops with Mata.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It took LVG six months to realize that Herrera was a good player - wonder how long before the penny drops with Mata.
When Herrera was sitting on the bench, Mata was a regular. The table has turned and it will be more difficult for him to get back his starting position (not that I’m very surprised by that to be honest).

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Such a shame but blaming Moyes and Van Gaal for what's happened is missing the point. He just hasn't cut it. Feck knows why but it does seem as though Mourinho saw it coming and he knows his shit.
Very few if any of our attackers have been better than Mata in the time since he arrived. He hasn't been amazing or anything but if nearly everyone else has been worse then you'd think they'd be dropped first....

Bwuk

Mata not starting is baffling. Fellaini ahead of him makes no sense. He's just a big oaf.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It should certainly be his turn to start the next game... would just be stubbornness not too at this point

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Mata not starting is baffling. Fellaini ahead of him makes no sense. He's just a big oaf.
I'm with you mate. Just doesn't make sense. One can play proper football, the other one is just a languid guy who chests balls down

Jev

The really odd thing is that he's done nothing to deserve being dropped. Had a pretty decent season until LVG benched him.

Rob Bowman

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

ZDwyr

The really odd thing is that he's done nothing to deserve being dropped. Had a pretty decent season until LVG benched him.
Poor finishing against Southampton was a negative he had. Might have been another game too. But overall he wasn't that bad. He will probably be back in the team soon anyway.

jem

Such a shame but blaming Moyes and Van Gaal for what's happened is missing the point. He just hasn't cut it. Feck knows why but it does seem as though Mourinho saw it coming and he knows his shit.
The difference is that Mourinho had other options who you could argue were better than Mata for his system (ie. Oscar.) I don't see us having that luxury. LVG apparently likes to control possession, well Mata is greta for that. I'd say he's been a touch underwhelming since joining, but which of our recent signings hasn't (Blind perhaps?) He's still productive, and a far better player than Fellaini.

prarek

Bullshit. Mourinho declared Oscar was his number 10 and Mata had to play second fiddle. 10 months later he bought Fabregas and made him his number 10. Mata and Fabregas have similar strengths and weaknesses. I guess after missing out on the title last season he realised he also needed someone like Mata and went in for Cesc.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm Mata's biggest fan, but I reckon that's as good an argument as any as to why stats can be misleading.
I'd agree. There were times earlier in the season where Mata was nowhere near his best and largely anonymous in some games, yet his productivity was fairly impressive. Conversely, he's also had games where he didn't get any goals/assists, but played well and had an impact.

khoazany

I think he will be gone in the summer tbh.Seems to have got Rafael-esque treatment recently (i.e eventually phasing out from the squad).

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Bullshit. Mourinho declared Oscar was his number 10 and Mata had to play second fiddle. 10 months later he bought Fabregas and made him his number 10. Mata and Fabregas have similar strengths and weaknesses. I guess after missing out on the title last season he realised he also needed someone like Mata and went in for Cesc.
Fabregas is a playmaker who is more versatile than Mata in Mourinho's eyes. He can play CM alongside a strong defensive partner, and AM. He plays both to a world-class standard.

They really aren't alike aside from both are Spanish and have small frames. Fabregas will score less than Mata, but provide much better service to the forwards.

prarek

Fabregas is a playmaker who is more versatile than Mata in Mourinho's eyes. He can play CM alongside a strong defensive partner, and AM. He plays both to a world-class standard.

They really aren't alike aside from both are Spanish and have small frames. Fabregas will score less than Mata, but provide much better service to the forwards.
They have differences obviously but overall there's not much in it imo. Fabregas is doing what Mata was doing for Chelsea. Mata is a little better at scoring and Cesc is a little better in the final ball but not much in it overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.