6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothar

What happens if he doesnt perform in these 3 games to the level LVG expects,he could end up being benched alot this season ?
Ive liked what Ive seen in the games he's played under LVG especially in pre season but something tells me he may not get too much game time as a starter.
Arguably we have already seen this when he got benched after a great game against QPR. I think chances are good he's off no matter what. Him having good games should help our asking price though, so let's hope he delivers.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's so cute isn't he?

Have a nice week. I hope you start next Monday in a good mood as well ;-). Thank you all!

Hugs,

Juan

Bwuk

The diamond will suit Mata perfectly. Shaw and Rafael bombing on out wide, and the movement of AdM, Falcao and RvP will give him plenty of options.

He really is our best #10 in my opinion and I hope he's able to show it over the next few games.

JUPITER

Unfortunate for Mata that Herrera is out at the exact time Mata is gonna be getting some game time.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Just watching MUTV now, pretty much confirmed Mata and McNair will be starting.

Sam

I'm confused, just a few weeks ago he said he was unhappy with Mata in the #10 role, now he's saying he's happy with him there. :confused:

SirAF

Ageist
I'm confused, just a few weeks ago he said he was unhappy with Mata in the #10 role, now he's saying he's happy with him there. :confused:
I think he was talking about Mata in the CM and not as #10.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I think that whole unsatisfied comment by van Gaal was solely directed at one game. He wasn't happy with their performances in their roles in one game. We can all see what a great 10 Mata is, I'm pretty sure van Gaal can too. Was blown way out of context in my opinion.

Good to see him start though.

ottosec

How come he is no longer called for his national team? He wasn't called for the last 2 games either.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
How come he is no longer called for his national team? He wasn't called for the last 2 games either.
He has never been a starter for them. Has always managed to get into the tournament squads though, but in between the tournaments he has always been in and out of the team. So he is definitely not getting picked then if he is not even playing at club level.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I love Mata
Me too :( I'm doing everything I can not to become Mad Winger MkII.

It might be a bit daft, but I'm desperate for Mata to be a success here because of everything he represents. Let the good guy win for a change :(

Oldham

Me too :( I'm doing everything I can not to become Mad Winger MkII.

It might be a bit daft, but I'm desperate for Mata to be a success here because of everything he represents. Let the good guy win for a change :(
There should always be place for a player like Mata at United. Football IQ, touch and grace...
Hope he'll stay for many years.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it's more of a case of cramming Rooney into the team because he's the captain, rather than preferring him to Mata.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I think it's more of a case of cramming Rooney into the team because he's the captain, rather than preferring him to Mata.
He wouldn't have chosen Rooney as the captain if he wanted to 'cram' him in.

kotha

I am not someone who likes Rooney as number 10 but I don't think that's the case. Rooney gives us more defensive cover as a number 10 than Mata. Surely Van Gaal must be placing some value to that quality.

itso 7

There is a certain Dutch striker and another Columbian striker we recently signed. I contend that if Van Gaal wanted he could play both Mata and Rooney within the same side and have Rooney's defensive cover but it will be at the expense of RVP, that is the one thing LVG is unwilling to contemplate.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
A hat-trick of assists and a couple of goals this weekend please. I would really love for him to be starting every game. Mata, Herrera and Di Maria is enough to make a grown man erect.

Someone

Something
Did well for the goal but not much other than really, he certainly lacks rooney's presence in that role.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Playing Mata and VP in the same side slows everything down for me.

Rooney was a big miss.

Sam

He's becoming a problem. He's not a patch on the Chelsea Mata.

Status
Not open for further replies.