Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Other than the miss, he was the only one who really did pretty much everything right. Everyone else's touch went to shit and diverted backwards when possible.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really good performance. Should've had a couple of assists and scored himself.

DevilRed

Gaffed the best chance of the match. Was not to be today I suppose. Both sides missed a few but Mata had a wide open look at the goal from Rafael's cross and somehow skied it from 6 yards out.

Other than that he was good today. Did not shirk from his defensive duties and a big part of why we kept a clean sheet.

RedStarUnited

Gaffed the best chance of the match. Was not to be today I suppose. Both sides missed a few but Mata had a wide open look at the goal from Rafael's cross and somehow skied it from 6 yards out.

Other than that he was good today. Did not shirk from his defensive duties and a big part of why we kept a clean sheet.
Id say RVP clean through was a better chance...

Mersault

Good attacking first half. Still feel he's way too lackadaisical when we're defending. A few times he allowed people to pass him way too easily. Last two games an improvement though.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
He shouldn't be used as a midfielder. He looked really dangerous today when he turned around with the ball a couple of times. Before he set the ball up for RVP, he showed a nice piece of stop and run - the one when it looked like as if he stood offside.

NessunDorma

Missed chance aside, thought he was very good today. Played some great passes, was creating space by going past people, and just generally looked a threat. Getting back to the Mata who was so highly rated a couple of seasons ago.

Raw

Finally has a good away performance. Didn't look as good in the 2nd half (no one did in fairness) but he was scintillating in the first half.

Infra-red

Another good performance, our best player today. Shame the appalling finishing disease which was afflicting our entire forward line also spread to him.

Roboc7

One of his best games for us but missed a great chance, he also seems to look twice as weak and slow when tracking back in comparison to going forward which he needs to work on when we have two up front.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Mata was excellent today, he played some quality balls into our forwards but unfortunately nothing came from them. Another very good performance and he's looking like a £37M player now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He played very well. My only criticism which might be harsh on him is the lack of forward balls in the second half. A lot of time he was forced to play it back or out wide as the centre was just packed.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's matastic today. Our strikers horible finishing shouldn't hide his brilliant chances-created.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Had almost forgotten just how magical his first touch is at times.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Very impressive game. Even performed pretty well in the second half considering we went to shit.

Shame he skied his chance as that would have topped his performance. Apparently we didn't want to score today though...

dar10nian

Fletchers biggest fan
Played really well. Should keep his place in the team and either one of RVP or Falcao should be dropped when ADM returns.

kundalini

A rare sighting of the Mata I expected to see when we signed him, rather than the goalscorer who doesn't appear particularly creative.

Walters_19_MuFc

In the last couple of games he's really started to look good. He's started making riskier passes, and he's standing out more. Thought he was fantastic in the first half, but understandably died down in the second.

Kakeru

I'm really happy to see him finding his groove again with such accurate passes and creativity. I hope to see him taking corners more often soon.

Ringo 07

He's our Pirlo when he's on form. when he gets involved in tough games he can really create a chance for a striker out of nothing....Id still like to see Di Maria sometime though in Matas central role

Last edited:

NK86

He has been brilliant the last couple of games. More like the Mata we know he is capable of.

VanGaalEra

Was brilliant today. At HT I was all ready to give him a 10, a quite second half and that miss brought it down to an 8.5, so I rounded up.

VanGaalEra

Really pleased for him as he finally looks like he's enjoying playing and without the pressure of his position being in doubt.

He's coped so much unnecessary stick on here at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.