g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Juan Mata image 8

Juan Mata Spain flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fantastic performance from the little magician today! Credit to him for his attitude to work his way back into the team and fight for his place!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What a performance from Juan Mata today! Simply incredible.

People say he's a lot better as a 10, and I guess he was excellent there for Chelsea, and his numbers were brilliant. However, as a number 10, I find that the games where the middle is congested, and we have a team against us that defends with 10 men behind the ball, sometimes Mata can go missing, and doesn't get involved much. On the flank; however, Mata sees a lot of the ball, and he's able to drift in from the flank and influence the game from the middle just like he did today. He made the most touches (90) and passes (73) in the whole game as a right midfielder. I've always said he should be used similar to how City use Silva, and that's how he was used today. He was superb.
Judging by LVG's comments this is probably where he'll continue to be played. This could be really good for us.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Was mad when Rooney took the penalty, should've let Mata get his hattrick, he deserved it. What a second goal, hope ADM doesn't get off the bench for him.

prarek

What a performance from Juan Mata today! Simply incredible.

People say he's a lot better as a 10, and I guess he was excellent there for Chelsea, and his numbers were brilliant. However, as a number 10, I find that the games where the middle is congested, and we have a team against us that defends with 10 men behind the ball, sometimes Mata can go missing, and doesn't get involved much. On the flank; however, Mata sees a lot of the ball, and he's able to drift in from the flank and influence the game from the middle just like he did today. He made the most touches (90) and passes (73) in the whole game as a right midfielder. I've always said he should be used similar to how City use Silva, and that's how he was used today. He was superb.
Couldn't agree more. He looks great as a wide playmaker with the license to come in. That's how he played for Valencia and also for Chelsea in his first season.

m1y2

Is it just me or did he look pretty quick today running for the first goal? Moreno is fast as feck, but couldn't catch him. Against Tottenham, Mata also looked pretty quick covering distance. In the past he has looked pedestrian at times.

Overall a terrific performance by him, and he is just such a likable character as well.
I think it is due to distance to the camera and the position. When he played like 10 or 8 in two striker system he was quite lost there, he's not the right guy to burst forward and press the keeper or anyone, on the right when the combination's rightly timed and Herrera's perfect guy to make 1-2 with, you can be send free that right hand side and the defender doesn't have a chance to catch you. I was also little bit surprised to see Mata driving past Moreno tbh but that's him he's intelligent little poacher who can find spaces.

I also hope that Rafael is coming on for Valencia, not tha Valencia wasn't solid enough but this understanding between Juan and Ander could be utilized even more as Rafael is another intelligent player onlike Antonio-robot--Valencia.

Anyway as for Mata two sublime finishes, I am very pleased for him, the second goal was pretty much Berbatov-esque, shame he didn't complete his hattrick like Bulgarian that day..

Sylar

No matter how his career ends for United, that performance and those goals at Anfield resulting in a win will make him a legend for us. Hope he gets a great chant out of it now. Classy player that links well with Herrera and Carrick and with Rooney. No surprise.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Shades of Rooney against City on that goal. Not as good of course but I fecking love beating those cnuts.

Needs a song surely?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's small,
He's nice,
He fecked the Scousers twice
Juan Mataaa, Juan Mataaa

?

Dante

Average bang
The finish for the first goal was fantastic as well. If we're going to play one up front from now on, we'll need our wingers to be reliable finishers. Mata is exactly that.

rio's upper lip

I fecking love Juan Mata. Probably second to my grandmother as my favorite person in the world.
Probably? I sense some doubt. We need a tiebreaker.

Who would you shag - your granny or Mata?

We both know the answer, don't we.

Juan Mata is now your favorite person in the world.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Watch herrera when he scores that goal. He's off the screen the moment it happens, but comes on just at the end and looks like he has his hand on his head in disbelief :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

What a beautiful, beautiful man.

My favourite Utd player scores twice at Anfield, one of them a wonder goal.

I'm still giddy thinking about it.

Kostur

海尔的老板
:lol:

'Ou la la', is that a common saying in Spanish commentary? It has a sort of camp innuendo meaning in English like 'ou la la you kinky devil'.
It's Russian.

I'd love to have a screencap or some wallpaper or whatever from 25ish second when you've got all those cnuts looking his way and he's already in the air producing magic, would be my new desktop or that 'in the background' photo on facebook :drool:

Classical Mechanic

What a beautiful, beautiful man.

My favourite Utd player scores twice at Anfield, one of them a wonder goal.

I'm still giddy thinking about it.
It is days like today that make being a football fan worthwhile. I was delirious at times in that game. I was laughing like a maniac at the Gerarrd moment and Mata's goal!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That was as good a performance as I can remember for a long time by an attacking player of ours in a big big match. His control over everything he was doing was top notch, he never looked like losing the ball ever, and his goals were top notch. Well done Mata.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
One of my friends sisters does the make up for most of Uniteds Wags. For my birthday my mate asked her to get a Juan Mata shirt signed, anyway she gets the signed shirt but he made it out in her brothers name.... So my mate (who is a Leeds fan) has a really nice framed Mata shirt with his feckin name on it. When he sent me the pic I nearly cried.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Love him. I feel vindicated for pleading his case all season when others have said he's too lightweight and other such rubbish.

Just a little Mata...but very important. :D

FujiVice

Such a shame he never took the penalty at the end, though. I'd be built a statue out of my own shite for him outside my house if he scored a hattrick away at Liverpool. We'd have still been talking about that for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.