5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Jose's dropping of Pogba, Martial and Rashford doesn't affect me one single bit. I think he always gets it wrong when he avoids starting Mata though. Bizzare, he makes our team look so much better on the ball too.
There's sense in it though. Mata's played well recently, but there's been plenty of times we've look atrocious on the ball when he's played too.

Parry Gallister

From the Daily Heil

A source at the club said:

'Juan is a special guy – he has started to help the kit man and his staff over the last couple of months.

'It sums up what kind of person he is.

'While his team-mates just jump into their flashy motors and zoom off after being dropped off back after away games, Juan has taken it on himself to stay behind and give a helping hand to the ordinary staff. It's a huge job to unload all the gear off the coach and takes a good while.

'People have been saying what a great gesture it is but to be honest it's just typical of the man – we are saying he has to be the nicest man in football!'

If true another example of how good he for the club, special guy

Sterling Archer

From the Daily Heil

A source at the club said:

'Juan is a special guy – he has started to help the kit man and his staff over the last couple of months.

'It sums up what kind of person he is.

'While his team-mates just jump into their flashy motors and zoom off after being dropped off back after away games, Juan has taken it on himself to stay behind and give a helping hand to the ordinary staff. It's a huge job to unload all the gear off the coach and takes a good while.

'People have been saying what a great gesture it is but to be honest it's just typical of the man – we are saying he has to be the nicest man in football!'

If true another example of how good he for the club, special guy
Wow

I can't think of a nicer person of interest. Maybe Mr Rogers.

Wanderlust_09

Wow.. What a classy gesture.

I don't know what others believe, I really hope we tie him down for the long term and hopefully he stays here until his retirement. Yes, Mata is no longer the silky creative force that he once used to be and his goal tally has been poor this season compared to previous years. But he could still be a very valuable squad players in the future and his contribution on and off the pitch would go a long way in helping us. Mou did acknowledge this fact recently in a press conference.
If Mata is sold this summer I would be very disappointed.

backtowhiteside

Great man, great footballer, great kit man. Start him this weekend.

...................De God.................

Valencia.....Bailly......Rojo...Shaw

....................Matic...................

.........Alexis............Pogba.........

Mata.........Lukaku.......Martial.....

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't believe he's trying to give the kit man the boot.

Can't these foreigners stop coming over here and taking our jobs?

He's already on insane money why does he need a 2nd job. Nicest guy my arse.

el3mel

Can't believe he completed 90 minutes.

Should feck off in summer with the first good offer.

Djemba-Djemba

Worst I think I've ever seen him play for Utd.

I love Mata, but maybe it's time to get rid. He's lost any of the cutting edge he used to have.

It's mid April and he's scored 3 goals all season, thats appalling.

Roboc7

Abysmal, wouldn’t get anywhere near starting eleven of any top European side, can’t fault his effort but will be pleased to see him moved on.

MUFC OK

Diabolical.

Chips weird little balls into the box at absurd angles and gave the ball away countlessly. Must be a dream to defend against as everything was right in front of the defenders. Why can't we learn to beat head tennis teams with 8+ 6 footers in?

Worst game he has ever had in a United shirt, thanks for your service Juan but being a nice guy alone isn't enough at this level.

AshRK

It's funny jose sold a peak mata who was performing 5 times better than this but choose to keep this version of Mata.

Raw

He was doing so well when being worked back in the team, then he plays like that. Feck me he was horrendous.

thejtrain

How's he still starting games for us? The right side looking so weak has more to do with the personnel - Mata and Valencia - than with us flooding the left flank.

Red_toad

To be 100% honest I'd rather give Martial a run on the right wing. Mata really doesn't help the shape of the team and unless he scores he contributes very little.

Bobski

He is what he is, nice and tidy, generally, but not much threat if he is not arriving on the end of others work.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
When we are playing with a two man midfield then Mata out on the right is important. But he shouldn't be playing when we're playing three in the middle.

Strange for Mourinho to move him into central midfield later on. It's actually something that I've been interested in seeing how he'd go (although I want in as one of the three midfielders rather than in a two), but not in a match where he's playing terribly.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
To be 100% honest I'd rather give Martial a run on the right wing. Mata really doesn't help the shape of the team and unless he scores he contributes very little.
He should never be on the right wing anyway as he's a left footed player. Just one of many players constantly shifted about and then we wonder why there's no cohesion. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in goal.

3 goals and 6 assists so far this season, is that really good enough if we expect to challenge?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was fecking dreadful today. The attack not functioning every week is on Mourinho and his refusal to get us playing attacking football from the off, but Mata individually was embarrassing. feck knows how he lasted 90 minutes. Should've came off in the first half even.

haram

When we are playing with a two man midfield then Mata out on the right is important. But he shouldn't be playing when we're playing three in the middle.
Yeah, and I dont think we really needed Herrera today.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Horrible horrible performance from Mata.

I always find the bigger the game, the better he is. I’ve never liked him against teams who sit back.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was unusually poor today.

Playing him with a midfield 3 was always going to be an overkill and that too against WBA. Needs to up his performances

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Please move him on or demote him to a bit-part player. Hopefully he's counted as a 'midfielder' in our transfer policy so we get one in to play his position.

Irrational.

Mata was a completely pointless inclusion today. Against a physical defence he doesn't really stand a chance, and he has no pace to bail him out. His touch was absolutely awful. Easily his worst game in a United shirt, how he stayed on for 90 minutes I have no idea, should have been hauled off at HT instead of Herrera.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yeah I like him but can see him potentially getting sold in the summer. Not done a lot this season, not getting any younger and could argue his best years are behind him. While talented in general one of the best aspects to him was always his very effective productivity - that's disappeared this season.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I'd sooner have a Mata in the squad than Pogba who, in my humble, has done virtually nothing to earn his reputation. A few moments when he has delivered but on the whole he's lazy and seems to have the attitude that we're lucky to have him. There are players throughout the team who haven't been up to it this year, but Pogba hasn't even tried most of the time. Strolls through a game, with rarely a sense of urgency.

I want to know why players come to United and invariably decline. It's not just one or two.

ti vu

Horrible performance. This kind of performance is worse than Lingard on one of his frustrating day. To slow to support attack with run to at least dragging defenders out. Then all his so called ability on ball is no where to be seen. Even too scared to play. Back pass, side pass most of the time because he was scared to look back to make sure there is no one closing him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.