Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good game today. Unlucky not to have scored that. Would have won him the goal of the season IMO

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was excellent in the first half. Just at start of this season people were saying he is done.

Devil may care

He was ok, won some fouls, should have scored that chance, he had so much more time than he seem to realize.

automaticflare

Changed the game against palace and was superb today at the other end of the pitch

Wish he had of scored that volley

Web of Bissaka

Excellent defensively both half.

First half, good attacks, creativity and link-up plays. Bad miss though.

Still, the way he was able to find the pocket of spaces inside the box within and beating the defense line is uncanny.

:D Like a Bandit or Fox in the box.

Bwuk

Has the best movement in the side.

I think Mata is brilliant.

Walters_19_MuFc

Provides that much needed balance in the front four. With Rashford wide and Mata drifting in, the both complimented each other superbly well. Should have scored, to be honest. Other than that, spot on. Super performance.

Ashley R1+O

Superb contributions on the ball (considering how shite it is to play against that Liverpool style), if a little bit of the same issues that plagued him all season off the ball it can be forgiven as I said Liverpool just reduce the game to a helter skelter bum fight when you're not in possession.

Christ I wanted that scissor volley to go in! Would have brought the walls of Old Trafford to the ground.

Jaybomb

Our most important player.

When he’s on the pitch, we play proper football. Simple as.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If only we could combine martials body with Matas brain, they’d be truly world class.

Greck

If only we could combine martials body with Matas brain, they’d be truly world class.
You don't want the brain of a passive playmaker in Martial. It's lingard you'd ideally want to cross with Martial

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very good and could have scored goal or two. His movement was very good and kept the ball really well.

For a second I thought he scored, it would have been unreal goal.

Golden Nugget

Really happy and surprised about the praise he’s getting in here - every time I watch games with a mate - I bang on about the importance of Mata - and I’m quickly shut down saying that he doesn’t do much and he’s too slow etc... we play so much better when he’s on the field and I feel he’s the only one at the moment that links up well with Sanchez.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His work-rate, particularly defensively, is pretty incredible when you compare it to when he first arrived here... he's constantly getting up and down the wing and is always there to help out his full back.

haram

You can tell players like him and Young really care about the club. He is still quality.

Web of Bissaka

His work-rate, particularly defensively, is pretty incredible when you compare it to when he first arrived here... he's constantly getting up and down the wing and is always there to help out his full back.
Agree, I would even dare say he's the best defensively among our 5 attackers. The many times he helped Valencia is tremendous. His effort and timings is so good.

:smirk: I love his tactical cynical fouls.

Canagel

The thing that strikes me the most about Mata is he's probably the only attacking player we have who links up well with anyone. Whether that's Valencia and Herrera or Lingard and Sanchez it doesn't matter. Even last season with Zlatan he had a good understanding with him. He links up with everyone and for me he has to be a mainstay in this team until we find a a player of higher quality. He is always involved in our best pieces of attacking football. People on here were worried that Liverpool's pressing was going to cause him problems but it doesn't matter if he's pressed because he'll always find teammates with his composure on the ball and will keep things ticking for us. He has to play all our big games from now on. Love Mata.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Jose had many wrong decisions, not playing Mata from the start must be pretty high on the list.
Yep, not starting with Mata tonight was his biggest mistake (and I'm not even a big Mata fan).

Particularly if Pogba isn't playing (or if he's playing poorly like he has been lately), we desperately need Mata in there to pull the strings. Especially when we are playing the usual 4231.

Bwuk

Mata has to play. Laughable how shite we look without him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I understand it seems knee jerk to say this now but it really doesn’t make sense to me on why the feck wasn’t he starting? Okay I take it he’s not the most quickest but we’ve always been a hundred times more balanced when he’s on the pitch.

Web of Bissaka

We miss him.

Without him, the team can't seem to move and keep posession upfield.

Blaming Jose here, should've sub Juan on earlier.

He showed more effort and made a lot more runnings than almost all the ones who started.

Playing as the crazy/false RB, and suddenly our attacks on the right are a lot better.

Not enough minutes to make more impacts.

Devil may care

Should have been on from the start, we were playing a technically good Spanish side, this is his bread and butter, and you could see his impact when he came on, leaving him out was as big a mistake as starting Fellaini.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That moment late on where the attacker went through for his possible hattrick goal and Bailly and Young just stood there watching while Mata ran his heart out to try to get back and put him off - I didn't know whether to laugh or to throw something across the room.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yep, not starting with Mata tonight was his biggest mistake (and I'm not even a big Mata fan).

Particularly if Pogba isn't playing (or if he's playing poorly like he has been lately), we desperately need Mata in there to pull the strings. Especially when we are playing the usual 4231.
I'm not his biggest fan also, but when you see that he looks one of the rare players with some common sense with the ball the decision to bench him was even more baffling. Guess the plan was to hoof it...

Ash_G

Said it before but what he gives us in terms of keeping the ball moving is vital. He adds a balance that we lack without him. Should have played imo and personally I still think that we're really under utilising him.

Status
Not open for further replies.