Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'm not his biggest fan but he turned that game for us. He show's up the lack of passing (and moving) ability that we have in the centre of the pitch.

mem

Top class again from him tonight after coming on. Different level of football intelligence to the other attacking players. Should always start.
Yes he should. He always makes a difference. Love his smart moves. He was fantastic tonight :D

Fraud

Reminder that Lingard usually plays instead of this guy. LMAO.

acnumber9

He showed why having quick players who can’t pass isn’t always that useful. Keeps the ball moving and constantly making space for others. He was probably our man of the match.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is on different level when it comes to intelligence to our other players.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The ease with which he manages to get behind opposition defences is an absolute joy to watch. If our other attackers had even a third of his intelligence, we'd be in title race now

Bwuk

Have always maintained our best side contains Mata in it somewhere. We always look better with him.

ice-bionic red

Our most composed player. Absolutely brilliant and I think he was the main difference in our play for us to get that win.

Kapardin

Turned the game on its' head when he came on. Until we stop struggling in away games and regain our form, we should start Mata for such fixtures.

Hamadovich86

Great performance coming in as a sub. He has great vision and the ability to control and pass the ball well.

Member 90887

Mata has to play against Liverpool next week, his one of the only players that takes the spaces created by lukaku and Sanchez

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He clearly understands Mourinho's way of football. His time at Chelsea was not wasted at all in this context.

Team was playing more cohesive after that sub.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I had the starting XI right except Lingard started where I expected Mata too. I think we would have been better throughout if Mata had started, but obviously always difficult to tell as it's easier to look good when the opposition are tired.

MS4

Mata has to play against Liverpool next week, his one of the only players that takes the spaces created by lukaku and Sanchez
No. He should definitely not. Don't start overrating Mata again here.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Changed the game for me tonight. Calm and picks out the right pass time and time again.

el3mel

Good impact from the bench today. Gave us some composure which we really needed.

Irrational.

What a player :drool: completely changed the game, and even though he was only on briefly he was our best player.

Has to start on Saturday.

el3mel

He was good today but don't go OTT. Liverpool's high pressing will kill him.

Devil may care

Was like a Sexual Tyrannosaur when he came on, his movement creating alien-esque crop circles drizzled with Old Spice to bamboozle the Palace players.

Member 90887

He was good today but don't go OTT. Liverpool's high pressing will kill him.
I'm not going over the top, you don't need to be world class to play in our RW position, we have no one better than him in there. who would you play ?

Fraud

What a weird comment considering Lingard's been better than Mata this season
I wouldn't say that, but probably you're totally right.

I mean, Lingard wasn't there when we played good. He definitely produced more than the rest, but when someone more talented is there, our way of play is better. He should be a bench opttion, and not otherwise.

I think in Fellaini, for example. A player who isn't the most beloved one. And I don't know why, by the way. Whatever, I suposse. The thing is that he scored very important goals, as well, but we don't play better with him.

That's all.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The perfect game for him. When we need to break on the counter Mata isn't much to write home about, against a mass defence where we need a bit of cleverness he's such a strong card to play.

el3mel

I'm not going over the top, you don't need to be world class to play in our RW position, we have no one better than him in there. who would you play ?
That's not the point. He's not suited to play against a high pressing team against Liverpool. He'll get bullied.

Member 90887

That's not the point. He's not suited to play against a high pressing team against Liverpool. He'll get bullied.
How's that not the point ? who out of our RW is good against the press ? lingard ? definitly not, Should we play Martial ? we've seen him there against spurs, they don't press as much as liverpool and he was dispossessed a lot of times.

el3mel

How's that not the point ? who out of our RW is good against the press ? lingard ? definitly not, Should we play Martial ? we've seen him there against spurs, they don't press as much as liverpool and he was dispossessed a lot of times.
Mata is far worse than both against high pressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.