Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
In regards to what? I'll assume you mean solo performances. I cant argue with Suarez, some of the shit he did at Liverpool was disturbingly good but I've not seen a standout game from Neymar, at the highest level, where he was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch. He smoked us at OT a few years ago and I rate him very highly btw.

Come to think of it, R9 at OT in 2003, is arguably the greatest solo performance you'll see but imo there is a difference with Bale. At his peak he did things quite literally singlehandedly and it didn't matter who was playing with or against. That run against Bartra for instance, his volleys, his long range screamers but mainly that hattrick against Inter - it was and still remains a mindfeck.
Neymar against PSG was one of the best carries ever. Or against Bayern in the semis?

owlo

Have you ever played football before? If you have then surely you can appreciate how difficult some of the shit he did was.
Did you not see what he did against inter Milan when playing for spurs?
I remember watching him playing against us in 09 or 2010 I think, at OT. I was in the south stand and he was a left back at that point. He stood out straight away. His physicality alone was there to be seen but his left foot was lethal, from dribbling or crossing or just keeping hold of the ball. But he didnt have many opportunities to shoot.

When he evolved into a winger and then a CAM did we all see how lethal he was when it came to shooting.

He was a freak of nature. At his very best he was singlehandedly capable of scoring a goal out of nothing.
Agree my opinion might be unpopular but peak Bale was even better than the Madrid CR, at least on par with.
Very different players but I'd say Bale is most comparable to Brazilian Ronaldo or even Rivaldo. Capable of absolute magic, physical freaks, and a player who could conjure a goal from a nothing situation in the biggest moments.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
"Best player" and "most goals" really is one and the same thing to you, isn't it? :lol:

None of the three really feels deserving the "best player in the world" disclaimer, IMO. But then again, no other player really does either.
Err.. who do you regard as the best 3 players in the world currently then?

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
"Best player" and "most goals" really is one and the same thing to you, isn't it? :lol:

None of the three really feels deserving the "best player in the world" disclaimer, IMO. But then again, no other player really does either.
So you think nobody is the best player in the world right now? How does that work?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Err.. who do you regard as the best 3 players in the world currently then?
Haaland, Kevin De Bruyne, Kylian Mbappe?
So you think nobody is the best player in the world right now? How does that work?
I think currently no player stands out enough to be called the best player in the world. And I do think that goal records are extremely overrated these days. Haaland isn't better than de Bruyne for instance.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I think currently no player stands out enough to be called the best player in the world. And I do think that goal records are extremely overrated these days. Haaland isn't better than de Bruyne for instance.
Scoring four goals in a World Cup final hardly registers in the Zehner book.

Mbappé is a force of nature and the best on Earth today.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Scoring four goals in a World Cup final hardly registers in the Zehner book.

Mbappé is a force of nature and the best on Earth today.
So that's the only game that matters? Fine, then Messi's the best I guess.

Abraxas

Scores 5 goals in about 3 seconds for Real Madrid.

Under Gareth Southgate's fabled stewardship, 1 goal in 20 odd. :houllier:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Genuinely made me laugh out loud.

How did those 2 appear to you to be super motivated and eager to become the best?

How has Sancho always been a bit unprofessional and had trouble with disciplinary actions against him?

It appears that you know these lads on a personal level because if not then you are talking absolute balls.
If you followed Dortmund during the last years you would have known about Sancho's issues because it was reported and confirmed by the club.

Such reports did not appear for Bellingham and Haaland, so that's a fact.

The point about motivation is indeed interpretation and could be wrong, but as I see it Sancho was (and looking at his current performances) very often is accused of not doing enough. Especially Bellingham on the other hand often had problems with tactical discipline, essentially he tried to do to much on his own in Dortmund. That's an issue that can mature out and on top can be softened by surrounding him with better players to take the feeling away from him that he has to take care of everything.

Phlegma however doesn't mature out.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Its all somewhat subjective isn't it?

Take yesterdays game vs Getafe, Jude had an alright game, and got the matchwinning goal(yet again), but Kroos was by far the best player on the pitch when he came on, despite no goal or assist.

I have found Jude's game overall so far to be pretty solid btw, not like he has to score goals to have an impact.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why? See Brandt for example. Even Messi is reported to have had attitude problems and ate trash until 2013 or so.
Messi and Brandt (to a (much) lesser degree) kept performing, so their clubs could afford to wait for them to mature. Brandt also came up in an environment that has been known for its comfort zone, so one might wonder whether he also suffered from bad outside influence. Sancho on the other hand made his way through City's academy first and then Dortmund tried to correct his behaviour with numerous fines and suspensions. I don't see how they compare, especially since his mental issues seem to have progressed into something more than just carelessness and tardiness.
Not having to go through such troubles, despite that massive hype around him, is part of what makes Bellingham such a good player already.

Red Rash

Thought he would struggle, but wow what a start.
I didn't think he would struggle but he is having a bigger impact that I expected for sure. In my opinion he is one of those Rooney level talents though so it shouldn't be too surprising.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Scores 5 goals in about 3 seconds for Real Madrid.

Under Gareth Southgate's fabled stewardship, 1 goal in 20 odd. :houllier:
La Liga is shite these days. That's a large part of the reason.

Bilbao, Vigo, Almeria, Getafe...

Combined their budget is probably lower than RM.

Meanwhile he's celebrating like he's a world beater. Someone should have a word.

Abraxas

Meanwhile he's celebrating like he's a world beater. Someone should have a word.
Under Gareth Southgate we've had some of the easiest tournaments imaginable, and qualifying is often a joke, a complete procession.

Care_de_Bobo

He's started at Wembley for England against San Marino and Andorra and had zero goal involvements, so it's not just about the quality of the teams he's up against.

Defending in La Liga can't really be much worse than the PL either. Seems to be in a pretty bad state across much of Europe right now.

RegenD

Supports
Real Madrid

Bilbao and Vigo would probably beat current Chelsea. Getafe would mostly likely draw.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The point about the league being weak is a bit strange because even if we admit it as valid, why didn't Rodrygo score those five goals? Or Vinicius? The reason must be a different one.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Messi and Brandt (to a (much) lesser degree) kept performing, so their clubs could afford to wait for them to mature. Brandt also came up in an environment that has been known for its comfort zone, so one might wonder whether he also suffered from bad outside influence. Sancho on the other hand made his way through City's academy first and then Dortmund tried to correct his behaviour with numerous fines and suspensions. I don't see how they compare, especially since his mental issues seem to have progressed into something more than just carelessness and tardiness.
Not having to go through such troubles, despite that massive hype around him, is part of what makes Bellingham such a good player already.
You really are one of a kind :lol: So Brandt doesn't count because he has been badly influenced by Leverkusen but in case of Sancho, it could impossibly be that Sancho's behaviour is influenced by the clubs notorious culture of pampering its star players.

Besides, his wrongdoings aren't that he didn't keep in shape or wasn't fit, it was usually related to punctuality or stuff that didn't have much to do with football, like violating covid hygiene rules. Stupid but those behaviors are immature. And the definition of immature behaviour is that it can be overcome with more life experience - which was the starting point of the discussion.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Will score 20 goals this season and be a Ballon D’Or nominee next year!

We knew from day 1. The fact Fergie met the boy at 16 says how much United fecked this one up.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Shite and overrated.

Well, no. Rice is shite and overrated. Bellingham is OK and overrated.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

We knew from day 1. The fact Fergie met the boy at 16 says how much United fecked this one up.
That post doesn't make any sense.

KD6-3.7

Eh it wouldn't have mattered. United would have ruined him if he joined us.

Cloud7

I think this is true but another aspect is that City and Madrid did their tactical homework and played the player to his strengths. Ancelotti changed the system to a 4-4-2 diamond to play Bellingham in a free role behind the strikers. I'd say they use Bellingham even better than Dortmund did. Pep had his team play a lot more vertical and allowed Haaland to focus completely on what he's best at: Getting in behind and score.

United.. well, they signed a player who excelled at either RAM in a 3-4-2-1 with a very attacking right back besides him or a playmaking LW in a 4-3-3. In both roles he was best between the lines but somehow United expected him to play like a traditional winger who takes on his fullback and beats him with athleticism. As if.they never saw him play before.
It may sound incredulous for a high profile club, or any club really, but a part of me is convinced that Ole and friends signed Sancho without actually analyzing what type of player he is and how he would fit into our team. This isn't meant to alleviate Sancho of any personal responsibility, but from day 1 it looked like they didn't know what to do with him.

I can't look past imagining them all sitting in a room and going "There's an english winger who is putting up good numbers at Dortmund. Let's get him in!"

IRN-BRUno

Looks like he's going to win the Golden Boy award. Alejandro Balde was apparently leading him 43% to 30% until this happened and Bellingham now has nearly 90% of the vote. :lol:

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
Looks like he's going to win the Golden Boy award. Alejandro Balde was apparently leading him 43% to 30% until this happened and Bellingham now has nearly 90% of the vote. :lol:
Well this makes things more obvious forwhy the award was handed out to Gavi last over better candidates like Cama, Musiala, Jude etc..

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Mbappe is the best player in the world.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Apparently United wanted him in Fergies last season. We seem to feck everything up lately.

Joel Miller

Is he playing as a second striker or what? I haven’t seen any of their games but whenever I see highlights of his goals he looks like he’s more or less taking up centre forward positions!

what a start he’s had to his Madrid career.

RoyH1

Is he playing as a second striker or what? I haven’t seen any of their games but whenever I see highlights of his goals he looks like he’s more or less taking up centre forward positions!

They're playing a quasi diamond formation where he's the point, almost a false 9. I don't think the formation is necessarily the best option for them having Vinicius playing less out on the wing, but so far it's working.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

They play a 442 diamond, but their strikers are naturally wide players, so they often leave space in the center that Bellingham as AM can run into.