Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Rafateria

Thanks buddy.

I agree that the squad is missing some obvious star quality. No one that immediately pops out; however, Klopp is not about buying stars, more into turning players into stars.

For me, the obvious areas that you guys are lacking in are LB,CB & Striker. Read that you guys are after Jonas Hector, so LB may get solved soon. I am not sure about the CB combination; looks weak to me. Shame that Gomes is injured again. Really liked the look of him last season. As for striker, cannot see Sturridge's body lasting Klopp's punishing style of football. Origi and Ings wouldn't inspire me with confidence if I was a Liverpool fan.

Your style of play is coming along nicely, though. You guys were impressive in whatever little I saw of your game last night. The question remains whether your squad can last the entire season putting in so much work each game.
Just to pick up on three points as the rest reads fairly :

1. The CB combination needs solidifying and developing of course as we have two new arrivals. However Matip undoubtedly looks to be a massive upgrade on any of the incumbents from last season (inc. Skrtel) and once they are fit (a bit unusual to have 3-4 injured at one time) then there is decent back-up too. Even Ragnar is fulfilling Klopp's forecast that he is not here only to be #4 on the list. Very solid and excellent at reading the game, lacks pace though.

2. I don't agree we need another striker. Origi is going to be our #1 by the end of the season, he continues to progress in leaps and bounds and his goals per minutes played was excellent last season, I think it will be even better this. Sturridge (when fit) and Ings are very good strikers too and we have Firmino who scored 6 goals and had 5 assists in 11 matches as CF last season so is more than capable if we hit an injury crisis again.

3. CM looks to be our weakest area (LB aside) however it has been very comforting to see that some of our best players in pre-season have been Stewart, Grujic & Ejaria. All young players who could find this season is their chance to break through and establish themselves. At the very least I would not be worried about throwing them into the first team as they have proved they can acquit themselves against tough opposition. I would love to see Dahoud join though :)

Ruffian

Supports
Liverpool
What about a Can Grujic CM partnership? I believe both have great potential, if Dahoud was brought in what room would they have to grow?

Rafateria

What about a Can Grujic CM partnership? I believe both have great potential, if Dahoud was brought in what room would they have to grow?
If Dahoud were to come in (and that's a damn mighty IF), then he would surely be alongside Can. Grujic is very young and there's plenty of time for him, using him in cup matches, as a sub and to cover for injuries should be a perfect introduction to England this season. Let's see how he does there first but he looks to have lots of potential, as does Ejaria and Stewart has made a big claim as our most defensive midfielder, he's been excellent in pre-season and made two superb passes leading to goals against Barca as well as being very solid in MF defending the back four.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What purpose does it serve to not answer a journalist's question who probably had absolutely nothing to do with Hillsbrough? Why even allow him at the conference? Why not make it very clear before the presser he was not welcome and if he was he wasn't allowed to ask questions?

Sounds like your typical attention seeking bollocks from LFC and Klopp to try and reel in their deluded and moronic fanbase.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
What purpose does it serve to not answer a journalist's question who probably had absolutely nothing to do with Hillsbrough? Why even allow him at the conference? Why not make it very clear before the presser he was not welcome and if he was he wasn't allowed to ask questions?

Sounds like your typical attention seeking bollocks from LFC and Klopp to try and reel in their deluded and moronic fanbase.
This sounds like the typical crap you regularly post on LFC topics on here - maybe gives you something to brag about with your school mates.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
This sounds like the typical crap you regularly post on LFC topics on here - maybe gives you something to brag about with your school mates.
It is as I suspected then. LFC fans really are a sucker for this kind of crap.

pixel

I guess that it serves the purpose of reminding the said newspaper that they fecked up majorly with Hillsbrough. Its got naught to do with the journalist. Allowing him at the conference, letting him hear the other q&a s and then putting him down when he tries to get one in, is just payback at the newspaper really. Hillsbrough is especially fresh because of the recent verdict, and is a big deal with that club. Kinda like our Munich. Any manager at any club needs the fans by his side. Klopp is merely doing what anyone else in the same situation would have done. Don't see what the fuss is all about.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
If you read back on the thread a little most United fans agree with Klopp, so either I guess there are suckers on here too or you are aged about 12?
Go figure.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Allowing him at the conference, letting him hear the other q&a s and then putting him down when he tries to get one in, is just payback at the newspaper really
And that's descending into cnutish territory. Just ban him outright and be done with it. No real need to create a scene about.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Is this definitely to do with Hillsborough? Because Klopp then said that its not because he is now at Liverpool, it's because of what may happen in the next few days / weeks. That could be something personal about Klopp?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Exactly. @untitled_6899 you might want to real yourself in. Munich was in 1958 and I would expect our manager to understand the pain it caused even if he wasn't here then.
Hillsborough was an awful thing and Klopp was quite right to tell them to feck off. The sun should never be read by any northerners much less Liverpool supporters. feck the sun. I'm with Liverpool on this one.
Good lost apart from one thing, the sun should never be read by any sentient being ever.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
How can a man that make so much money sport a set of teeth that even manages to stand out in England?

They are the colour of the Dortmund kit ffs.

bio202

Supports
liverpool
Is this definitely to do with Hillsborough? Because Klopp then said that its not because he is now at Liverpool, it's because of what may happen in the next few days / weeks. That could be something personal about Klopp?
Rumours saying its about lovren...s*n saying his wife was/is having an affair and that's why he missed the euros.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
It saddens me that people still don't get why Liverpool are well within their rights to do things like this. Just because you don't like them as a club doesn't mean you can't respect them for sticking to their principles on a matter VERY close to the heart of their city.

People are blinded by rivalry. In a football climate where none of the top clubs have any personality or tradition anymore, it's nice to see a glimor of a club respecting its fans.

And anyone who says he's doing this for attention is just being ridiculous, and needs to look closer to home to see what a manager does when he wants the limelight.

Rafateria

It saddens me that people still don't get why Liverpool are well within their rights to do things like this. Just because you don't like them as a club doesn't mean you can't respect them for sticking to their principles on a matter VERY close to the heart of their city.

People are blinded by rivalry. In a football climate where none of the top clubs have any personality or tradition anymore, it's nice to see a glimor of a club respecting its fans.

And anyone who says he's doing this for attention is just being ridiculous, and needs to look closer to home to see what a manager does when he wants the limelight.
Thank you James. Spot on. Anyone incapable of comprehending this simply lacks the intellect and shouldn't be debated with. It's good to see the vast majority of United supporters agree with you and also despise that shite rag.

Moonred

Just ask them not to come for Liverpool pressers. It was planned and fair enough, but then might as well refuse them access altogether.

bio202

Supports
liverpool
How can a man that make so much money sport a set of teeth that even manages to stand out in England?

They are the colour of the Dortmund kit ffs.
Think he's a smoker but yeah he could get them looked at. Just don't do the Rogers white, far too much bleach used in that instance. :D

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
& some people still actually believe that Elvis is alive & works at their local chippie. The world is full of strange people.
Some people think Liverpool will win the league after beating Barca.

You are right. Its full of nutters.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.

Great post.

People are too blinded by rivalry and its shite. Ive mentioned on here about my own personal shit. A Manc lad inboxed me last year saying if I want any advice or help then just ask him as he has been through the same shit and knows the pain involved.

I was and Iam still touched by this. This is what it is all about important stuff should transcend any kind of rivalry.

Jaybomb

A bit embarrassing how they were celebrating a pre season win, no?

Then again, they did celebrate a draw against West Brom.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

Well said - the poster you replied to just doesn't get it (but that's no real surprise).

Not really though it was pre-season to beat Barcelona 4-0 in any circumstances is a good result.
Considering some of the attacking play the team produced it is natural to get a little carried away - I assume if United had beaten Barca 4-0 there would have been some "celebrating" surely, even taken into context of a pre-season warm up game.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

Oh please. Save the sanctimonious bullshit for the more gullible ones. There's no lack of them on this thread. And if you're going to take the high and mighty road you might at least read up.

If they don't like the Sun just ban them altogether which they are well within the right to do so. They stick to their principles and no one really gives a feck about the Sun anyway. Don't allow a journalist in and then refuse to answer a journalist for the sole purpose of having a go at the Sun. That's attention seeking, childish and completely unnecessary. Especially as that journalist in question probably had nothing to do with Hillsborough anyway.

Also, silly and pointless (Not to mention utterly irrelevant to the topic being discussed) dig at Mourinho:houllier: Everyone knows he's an attention seeking cnut and most people, even on here, accept it.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Oh please. Save the sanctimonious bullshit for the more gullible ones. There's no lack of them on this thread. And if you're going to take the high and mighty road you might at least read up.

If they don't like the Sun just ban them altogether which they are well within the right to do so. They stick to their principles and no one really gives a feck about the Sun anyway. Don't allow a journalist in and then refuse to answer a journalist for the sole purpose of having a go at the Sun. That's attention seeking, childish and completely unnecessary. Especially as that journalist in question probably had nothing to do with Hillsborough anyway.

Also, silly and pointless (Not to mention utterly irrelevant to the topic being discussed) dig at Mourinho:houllier: Everyone knows he's an attention seeking cnut and most people, even on here, accept it.
We do ban them from Anfield but not sure we had the option of doing that at Wembley.

Dion

They do, less control over that when they aren't at their own ground though don't they? :rolleyes::houllier:

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.

Then again, they did celebrate a draw against West Brom.

The West Brom thing was not a celebration. The previous home game fans were leaving before the end abd Klopp spoke about him not being too happy about this . The next game the fans stayed and sang until the end and we equalised and Klopp sent team towards the Kop in appreciation for the fans.

So.... there you go.

No back chat la.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Bit off topic but how come no Liverpool supporters have grouped up and sued Sun for blatant lies? They've been let off easily imo considering the vile things they printed.

Robbie Boy

Christ, this thread has taken an awful serious turn. What happened to slagging off Liverpool and Klopp?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It would be brilliant if every football club refuses to talk to the Sun. Regardless of his intentions, Klopp refusing to speak to them, even now, decades after the incident, ensures that what that publication did will never be forgotten.

I'd disown my son if he wanted to work for the Sun. I'd sooner have him grow up to be a Liverpool fan than have that.