Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

AshRK

He is finally losing it. He is feeling the threat that a PE teacher will topple him

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I like when the commentator said klopp is smiling with his teeth but not with his eyes, near the end of the game

MalcolmTucker

He could of said Leicester, United or City have had more penalties then Liverpool...funny he choose United.

Someone is rattled and that unbeaten home record is looking under threat next weekend.

You love to see it!
Don't we have 1 more penalty than Liverpool?

Leicester have 10. Brighton and us 6. Liverpool and Chelsea 5.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
If the last three games don’t get us to sign a cB I’m not sure what will. We literally have 0 PL quality CB’s available.

Also time for some tweaks. Knocking long balls down the line for our quick attackers isn’t going to work when they’re all knackered. Need to try a few new things.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
No he played them there when we literally had no one else for the role. Philips has played this season in the PL as has Williams. Literally no reason why they couldn't feature tonight from what I can see. United regularly bring in Tuanzebe and Brandon Williams when required. I just don't see the logic in doing what klopp did tonight in the slightest. I'm surprised you do.

It seems Carragher agrees with me anyway.
We didn't lose the game because Henderson was playing CB. Southampton created openings but only scored once. We struggled because of how poor we were in the final third, again. It was the same against West Brom and Newcastle. We've only conceded twice in the last three games. The defense isn't the issue. We're going through a bad run going forward.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
If the last three games don’t get us to sign a cB I’m not sure what will. We literally have 0 PL quality CB’s available.

Also time for some tweaks. Knocking long balls down the line for our quick attackers isn’t going to work when they’re all knackered. Need to try a few new things.
You had one shot on target tonight, wouldn’t blame your centre backs for that

90 + 5min

It must be worrying for Liverpool if they're now relying on refereeing decisions to earn them points, unlike last season when they were steamrolling teams before half time.
I think teams have found a way. While Klopp only can play one type of football, once you found system against him it will not be easy as before. If I remember correct, same thing happened in Dortmund.

However this game, they should have one point from my point of view. For me, it can't get more penalty then that (handball). I know they have been lucky with referees last season and VAR (even this in some games) but looking at this game alone, they have been hard done by referee. If it happened to us, like for example Tottenham och Crystal Palace game, I would be irritated.

Judas

Open to offers
We didn't lose the game because Henderson was playing CB. Southampton created openings but only scored once. We struggled because of how poor we were in the final third, again. It was the same against West Brom and Newcastle. We've only conceded twice in the last three games. The defense isn't the issue. We're going through a bad run going forward.
If you play and defend like you did tonight against a team with quality going forward you'll get battered. You were wide open that first half.

VivaRonaldo85

Who were the United reference quotes spoken to? Not on sky sports anyway. If they’re genuine, that’s fantastic news to see the mouthy prat with United on his mind.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You also got spanked 7-2

Any peak elite team would be 10-12 points clear, yet come the end of January you could be below both United and City
There's a difference between not being an elite team (or playing like one) and what happened to Dortmund in Klopp's final season. This is no where near that. We're simply reverting to a normal level after two ridiculous seasons like City did last season.

People underestimate how unusual what Liverpool and City have done over the last three years is. Hitting those sort of numbers is unheard of in England.

Giggs86

Nothing has changed for them, they are still the same twats minus the ridiculous luck they've been enjoying last season.

Bojan11

He’s not talking about why you lost the game. It’s about the confidence it’s going to give to the two young guys on the bench when Henderson is played as CB ahead of them.

Steven7290

I said before the game playing Henderson at CB when you have an actual CB on the bench was very Jose (Mctominnay v WHU). Really bizarre thing to do and can only think it was a message to the board that he wants money in January?

Phililps must feel like crap. Confidence on the floor. Manager would sooner play two CMs at CB rather than give him a game. Tragic.
Would this be comparable to SAF playing Rafael in midfield ahead of Pogba in that Blackburn (?) game years back? Not an exclusive Jose trait if you ask me.

Dan_F

Yes, but taking midfielders and putting them in defence has weakened two parts of the team. Fabinho is obviously really good there, but I don’t see the point in putting Henderson at centre back. The kids have done fine alongside Fabinho, it’s not as if you’ve been conceding loads.

Bwuk

Hope they batter us and Bruno gets a dodgy pen to win it 90th min.

JustAGuest

Going to need more than a CB if you score just 1 goal in 3 games.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
You had one shot on target tonight, wouldn’t blame your centre backs for that
Agreed, and it’s where jota has come in handy this season freshening things up. The front three is becoming increasingly stale and there’s a distinct lack of chemistry. However having actual premier league quality centre halves is crucial. VVD Matip Gomez are all excellent at helping us pin teams back because of their combination of pace and aerial ability and diagonals. Fabinho and Henderson don’t have that. Getting someone in that position is vital. We will do nothing this season if we go with what we have.

The attacks needs new ideas also. It’s not a one issue at a time problem.

prateik

He's broken..

Bring out the Scouse boom-bust cycle chart.. its relevant again.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I can't even begin to talk about how funny Klopp's outburst is. Will he also do a Rafa like 'facts' presser on our penalties? C'mon Jurgen you know you want to.

OleBoiii

Even with VVD out he has the best team on paper by a comfortable margin. They really should win the title. If they drop out of top 4 then it's one of Klopp's biggest failures. It's probably worse than finishing 7th with Dortmund in 2015.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Don't think he should've brought United into that really. Gives added ammunition to hit him with whilst we're in a bad run.

He's always awful immediately after a bad result. Never says the right thing and gets carried away emotionally.

90 + 5min

It is okey to talk about penalties. And being hard done. I don't have problems with that. As long as he also mentions how Liverpool only got 1 penalty against them last year and 1 year before. In Premier League that is.