Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
He won the Bundesliga when Bayern had LVG... Enough said.

When they got Heynckes back, they were in a slight transition period. Ever since 2012 or so, Dortmund have been Bayern's whipping boys. He could never get the best of them.

A Champions League final appearance is hardly an accomplishment. Klopp has lost his last 5 finals. If he was that good, how come he's failed to win his last 5 finals?

Liverpool fans act like he's on Mourinho's level. It's laughable really. His rivals are the likes of Pochettino, Bilic and Koeman. Our rivals are Pep and Conte.
You don't follow the Bundesliga I guess; Bayern was forced to make huge changes after Dortmund had overrun the league. And a CL league final is hardly an accomplishment ? :lol::houllier:

sammyvine

You don't follow the Bundesliga I guess; Bayern was forced to make huge changes after Dortmund had overrun the league. And a CL league final is hardly an accomplishment ? :lol::houllier:
It is when your team isn't one of the best

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
How is Klopp thought of in Germany by fans of teams other than Dortmund and Bayern?

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I know it's easy to ignore as a fan but plenty of people have given negative comments about him, he just doesn't seem like a great guy, he's not this great hipster wacky uncle type figure people have made him out to be.
i just think that's odd to say when you don't know him...oh well.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
He won the Bundesliga when Bayern had LVG... Enough said.

When they got Heynckes back, they were in a slight transition period. Ever since 2012 or so, Dortmund have been Bayern's whipping boys. He could never get the best of them.

A Champions League final appearance is hardly an accomplishment. Klopp has lost his last 5 finals. If he was that good, how come he's failed to win his last 5 finals?

Liverpool fans act like he's on Mourinho's level. It's laughable really. His rivals are the likes of Pochettino, Bilic and Koeman. Our rivals are Pep and Conte.
Funny you laugh at and belittle Klopp's achievements due to the strength of their rivals then put Conte a level above him given Juve's continued dominance in Serie A.

A CL final for Dortmund is indeed an accomplishment as is consecutive Bundesliga's despite LVG managing Bayern.

Red Bug

Klopp is a very good manager. He isn't this messiah that some make him out to be though.

When opposition suss out how to play against his 'Gegenpress', his sides look lost. He doesn't seem to have other tactics/ideas at his disposal.

He won't go down as a great until he wins the Champions League. And that won't happen with Liverpool.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's wrong to belittle Klopp's achievements at Dortmund as they were frankly incredible and are only bettered by Simeone and Ranieri. But thankfully, I expected him to do a lot better for Liverpool in their first season.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's wrong to belittle Klopp's achievements at Dortmund as they were frankly incredible and are only bettered by Simeone and Ranieri. But thankfully, I expected him to do a lot better for Liverpool in their first season.
A point of correction: he hasn't had a first season at Liverpool yet.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
It's a bit naive to say he could have done better in his first season, this is the first summer transfer window and he needs time to get rid of a lot of players as well as bring the one's in he wants to.
Given the number of players that have already left it's clear he has a lot of work to do.

Of course the league form was inconsistent but this was never a quick and easy fix.

Within a week of joining the club he lost Ings and Gomez for the season as well as having at one stage over a dozen players out injured - getting to 2 cup finals wasn't bad in my opinion.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's a bit naive to say he could have done better in his first season, this is the first summer transfer window and he needs time to get rid of a lot of players as well as bring the one's in he wants to.
Given the number of players that have already left it's clear he has a lot of work to do.

Of course the league form was inconsistent but this was never a quick and easy fix.

Within a week of joining the club he lost Ings and Gomez for the season as well as having at one stage over a dozen players out injured - getting to 2 cup finals wasn't bad in my opinion.
You'd still expect him to finish in a Europa league spot, at a bare minimum.

GiddyUp

He managed 52 games last season for Liverpool. What do you call that?
Until every player in that squad is signed by Klopp there will be an excuse for them. Make no mistake, Klopp came in very early and they still finished in a place you would expect that squad to finish. I doubt they will get anywhere near top five.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Until every player in that squad is signed by Klopp there will be an excuse for them. Make no mistake, Klopp came in very early and they still finished in a place you would expect that squad to finish. I doubt they will get anywhere near top five.
Not sure about that, I think they had a better squad than West Ham and Southampton on paper. Still finished 8th.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
You'd still expect him to finish in a Europa league spot, at a bare minimum.
Well we didn't and that could be a good thing and hopefully improve our domestic season, but given the high number of players that have already left and potentially maybe at least 4 or 5 more leaving it's clear the squad is undergoing a massive change. It could be a while before the squad settles or resembles something the manager is happy with.

If you don't rate our squad, which many on here don't then it's a bit of a contradiction to say we under achieved.

Defensively we have been a shambles for a few seasons but it's only been this summer that he has had the chance to address that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well we didn't and that could be a good thing and hopefully improve our domestic season, but given the high number of players that have already left and potentially maybe at least 4 or 5 more leaving it's clear the squad is undergoing a massive change. It could be a while before the squad settles or resembles something the manager is happy with.

If you don't rate our squad, which many on here don't then it's a bit of a contradiction to say we under achieved.
I think most the caf doesn't rate it as a top 4 squad. I think most neutrals would agree, but its certainly good enough to salvage a Europa spot - which it didn't (hence underachievement).

I do agree that this is the season to judge Klopp on rather than the previous year, though. He's made a lot of changes and got his own players in.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
He will need atleast another 2 seasons to get them to a stable state. I doubt he can do much at the current state. But he does fit the role, always thought his mentality kind of fits the club.

GiddyUp

Not sure about that, I think they had a better squad than West Ham and Southampton on paper. Still finished 8th.
Have to disagree. I have expected Liverpool to finish between sixth and eighth every season, rarely am I disappointed.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I like Klopp. I think he's a bit of an asshole, but virtually every manager is.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He should have.

I think results suffered somewhat from prioritising the europa league but it is still worse than he ought to have delivered.

But principally, i think the same rule applies as for rafa's first season. In a lot of games where we lost points, you could still see the improvement and ambition in tactical level even though results didn't show.

From 05 to 06, we improved by 24 points, from 58 to 82 by signing Reina (from villareal), Zenden, Sissoko, Crouch and Jan kromkamp. Agger and Fowler joined in January.

I see a lot of the same patterns with Klopp, sans CL obligations.

Jaybomb

Conte is an excellent manager but if you think Klopp hasn't accomplished anything because Bayern was bad at the time, Conte walked the league because he had Juve. Even fecking Allegri, the laughing stock of Italian managers at the time, took them further than Conte ever did so be a bit realistic please.

The finals argument is silly as well, they're won or lost by small margins, defeat or victory depends on details a manger can't always control like penalties for example. Getting there with a inherited Rodgers side speaks much more volumes than losing them to sides like City and Sevilla.

I don't think it's as much us overrating him than it is you guys downplaying his past accomplishments. Always going on about his last Dortmund season as a measuring stick for example, while Mourinho did much worse last season with a much better team. The love-in with Klopp on here was pretty huge before he signed for Liverpool. He's a world class manager, and probably the only world class personnel we still have at our club so excuse us for being protective or enthousiast about him.
Oh come off it.

You lot were all for Rodgers during his time at Liverpool. When you's nearly won the league in 2014, I even remember some fans calling him "The next Sir Alex". Saying that Barcelona and Real Madrid would be lining up for his signature cause he's a tactical genius and so on.

It was laughable then and even more laughable now. All of a sudden, Klopp's working miracles with Brendan's terrible work. Let me ask you this question... why is it when Klopp loses, it's the squad's fault but when the squad wins, it's Klopp's brilliance doing all the work? He's accomplished feck all at Liverpool. Getting to finals isn't an accomplishment. Winning them is. You lot gave the managers job to Roy Hodgson cause he got to a Europa League final. I rest my case.

Ranieri inherited a Pearson side and won the entire league in his first season. So why is the brilliant Klopp excused for getting absolutely no European football in his? :houllier:

Funny you laugh at and belittle Klopp's achievements due to the strength of their rivals then put Conte a level above him given Juve's continued dominance in Serie A.

A CL final for Dortmund is indeed an accomplishment as is consecutive Bundesliga's despite LVG managing Bayern.
Chelsea are a better team than Liverpool. They're buying good players. Liverpool are buying Championship players and unknown German lads. It's funny cause Liverpool fans thought they were getting Gotze and Higuaín and the like. They obviously don't know their own manager very well. He doesn't buy world class players.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Oh come off it.

You lot were all for Rodgers during his time at Liverpool. When you's nearly won the league in 2014, I even remember some fans calling him "The next Sir Alex". Saying that Barcelona and Real Madrid would be lining up for his signature cause he's a tactical genius and so on.

It was laughable then and even more laughable now. All of a sudden, Klopp's working miracles with Brendan's terrible work. Let me ask you this question... why is it when Klopp loses, it's the squad's fault but when the squad wins, it's Klopp's brilliance doing all the work? He's accomplished feck all at Liverpool. Getting to finals isn't an accomplishment. Winning them is. You lot gave the managers job to Roy Hodgson cause he got to a Europa League final. I rest my case.

Ranieri inherited a Pearson side and won the entire league in his first season. So why is the brilliant Klopp excused for getting absolutely no European football in his? :houllier:

Chelsea are a better team than Liverpool. They're buying good players. Liverpool are buying Championship players and unknown German lads. It's funny cause Liverpool fans thought they were getting Gotze and Higuaín and the like. They obviously don't know their own manager very well. He doesn't buy world class players.
To be fair and this has often been stated, under Klopp's watch they played two finals in his first year (credit where credit is due), had some great games, especially how he took his former team out was quite impressive, imo. They beat City/Chelsea in style and managed to batter the Saints in the Premiership, future looks good to me. An upward trend is appearing, imo.

Klopp beat Real Madrid in the quarters of the UCL with the likes of Kirch, Jojic and Friedrich. He said once that he needs the training and that's a problem in the league because of the many matches, it takes more time but i'm having a hunch that they'll improve each season.

Klopp did great things with Dortmund, Rodger's achievements don't come any close to that. Ability speaking Klopp is on a different level, oozes class and charisma, quite a character.

I think the impact of some big names has been overrated. It's all about the team (except you're Messi or another extraterrestrial) that's one of the main reasons why Leicester won it last season. Moreover the likes of Mahrez, Vardy and Kanté weren't that high up the foodchain back in the day.

Chelsea buy quality lads, but not all the time, just take a look at your Board's obsession with players from South America, they always end up buying a few 'gems' for a couple of millions and get it wrong in the end.
Matip and Karius are proper players, they were rated in Germany, not worse than what Chelsea have been buying, the so-called 'German Messi' Marin, that's what i call proper Championship level player. ;) And Mané is definitely a player for the highest level in England, imo.

Let's see what Klopp can do this season, but i can see a team that will be playing good footie. Agree to disagree. :)

Kaos

Really? I despise the cnut, dont think it is that hard looking at his cnut face. Just saw someone last week with the normal one t-shirt, cringe.
I loved his Dortmund teams and generally find him to be quite likeable.

Genuinely gutted he ended up with the Scouse, would have eventually loved him as United manager.

I expect (I hope) to hate him next season though.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Jaybomb said:
]Oh come off it.

First of all, I wasn't on this board during the 13/14 season. You're arguing with me, so stop with the generalizations. I've never seen either of the things you're going on about, and certainly not from Liverpool fans on here. If you want to prove that Liverpool has some dumb fans, you're right. So does United and every other football team in the whole world.

Rodgers got more credit than he probably deserved from us because of our 13/14 league campaign, yes. He's a good manager but he can't work miracles, that squad wasn't even supposed to be challenging for fourth that season. I, and others as well, underestimated the impact Suarez had on us that season, I can easily admit that. I thought we would be fine after he left, not challenging for the title but obviously top four and we failed to do that. Rodgers should've been gone after the 14/15 season and he had already lost the support of many supporters back then.

Jaybomb said:
It was laughable then and even more laughable now. All of a sudden, Klopp's working miracles with Brendan's terrible work.
Never even said this but okay, continue to make stuff up.

Jaybomb said:
Let me ask you this question... why is it when Klopp loses, it's the squad's fault but when the squad wins, it's Klopp's brilliance doing all the work? He's accomplished feck all at Liverpool. Getting to finals isn't an accomplishment. Winning them is. You lot gave the managers job to Roy Hodgson cause he got to a Europa League final. I rest my case.
He accomplished an important thing called improvement. You're pretty ignorant if you can't admit that, and it's the only thing we expected from him when he arrived at the club. Of course getting to the EL final was an accomplishment, beating two much better teams and our arch rivals in the process. And I don't really know why you throw in that point about Hodgson as it's completely irrelevant to the question here but okay then.

Jaybomb said:
Ranieri had a full pre-season for starters, so the situation isn't comparable. Second, Ranieri's and Leicester's success is one of the biggest accomplishments in modern football, don't see why Klopp's work should be compared to that. Third, he isn't excused by anyone, plenty of Liverpool fans on here, including me, think we should've done better in our domestic campaign but the focus was on the Europa League so that's why it wasn't the worst, there was improvement and that was all we cared about. We didn't expect any finals or title challenges because we had realistic expectations, so that's why his so-called terrible first season wasn't actually that terrible. Oh and if anything, Leicester's title proves that it's about the team and not the individuals you buy.

Jaybomb said:
You lost me here. First, you implied Conte was a better manager than Klopp and now you're comparing Chelsea and Liverpool as a team, ffs. Buying good players guarantees jack shit on the field. Karius, Matip and Mane are neither Championship players nor unknown German lads. We knew very well that we weren't getting any world class players because we can't attract them anymore, and that's why we're so happy with Klopp because he doesn't need to buy world class players to create a good team. Or was Lewandowski a renowned striker when he signed from Lech Poznan? The only one we were excited about was Götze because the link with Klopp, and his signature looked like it wasn't very far off at one point so you can't blaim anyone for believing that story. Otherwise, Klopp has done exactly what most expected him to do. But please, go on and judge our signings as failed ones already before the season has even started.

Long time ago I saw such a ridiculous post on here.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I like Klopp, tbh, great manager(not sure about "world class", but his best Dortmund years make a fair case), charismatic, good eye for talent, the right amount of batshit insane, and his gengenpress is really entertaining until it burns players out(part of what I believe happened to Dortmund).

Long term I think, though hope I'm wrong, that he'll have Liverpool in a better place than they've been in quite a few years. As a team mind, not like Rodgers having one great season(and taking too much credit for) off the back of Suarez being off his tits mental.

When Moyes was stinking the shite out of Old Trafford, I was telling the guys that went to games with me that we needed Klopp. That said, most any fecker would have been an upgrade on the Moyes disasterpiece.

I do remember saying last season that focusing on the Europa was risky and would bite them on the ass, but it came really close to working out for them.

Rafateria

Until every player in that squad is signed by Klopp there will be an excuse for them.
Well that's BS for a start because Klopp himself has just recently come out and said "this is now my team" so where does that put your statement ? In the bin where it deserves to be.

Rafateria

First of all, I wasn't on this board during the 13/14 season. You're arguing with me, so stop with the generalizations. I've never seen either of the things you're going on about, and certainly not from Liverpool fans on here. If you want to prove that Liverpool has some dumb fans, you're right. So does United and every other football team in the whole world.

Rodgers got more credit than he probably deserved from us because of our 13/14 league campaign, yes. He's a good manager but he can't work miracles, that squad wasn't even supposed to be challenging for fourth that season. I, and others as well, underestimated the impact Suarez had on us that season, I can easily admit that. I thought we would be fine after he left, not challenging for the title but obviously top four and we failed to do that. Rodgers should've been gone after the 14/15 season and he had already lost the support of many supporters back then.

Never even said this but okay, continue to make stuff up.

He accomplished an important thing called improvement. You're pretty ignorant if you can't admit that, and it's the only thing we expected from him when he arrived at the club. Of course getting to the EL final was an accomplishment, beating two much better teams and our arch rivals in the process. And I don't really know why you throw in that point about Hodgson as it's completely irrelevant to the question here but okay then.

Ranieri had a full pre-season for starters, so the situation isn't comparable. Second, Ranieri's and Leicester's success is one of the biggest accomplishments in modern football, don't see why Klopp's work should be compared to that. Third, he isn't excused by anyone, plenty of Liverpool fans on here, including me, think we should've done better in our domestic campaign but the focus was on the Europa League so that's why it wasn't the worst, there was improvement and that was all we cared about. We didn't expect any finals or title challenges because we had realistic expectations, so that's why his so-called terrible first season wasn't actually that terrible. Oh and if anything, Leicester's title proves that it's about the team and not the individuals you buy.

You lost me here. First, you implied Conte was a better manager than Klopp and now you're comparing Chelsea and Liverpool as a team, ffs. Buying good players guarantees jack shit on the field. Karius, Matip and Mane are neither Championship players nor unknown German lads. We knew very well that we weren't getting any world class players because we can't attract them anymore, and that's why we're so happy with Klopp because he doesn't need to buy world class players to create a good team. Or was Lewandowski a renowned striker when he signed from Lech Poznan? The only one we were excited about was Götze because the link with Klopp, and his signature looked like it wasn't very far off at one point so you can't blaim anyone for believing that story. Otherwise, Klopp has done exactly what most expected him to do. But please, go on and judge our signings as failed ones already before the season has even started.

Long time ago I saw such a ridiculous post on here.
Robin .. you only have to go back as far as his post before the one you've just replied to. His posts are just inane and TBH I thought about replying but then it would be lost on him to even try to counter such illogical and contrived BS.

Rafateria

To be fair and this has often been stated, under Klopp's watch they played two finals in his first year (credit where credit is due), had some great games, especially how he took his former team out was quite impressive, imo. They beat City/Chelsea in style and managed to batter the Saints in the Premiership, future looks good to me. An upward trend is appearing, imo.

Klopp beat Real Madrid in the quarters of the UCL with the likes of Kirch, Jojic and Friedrich. He said once that he needs the training and that's a problem in the league because of the many matches, it takes more time but i'm having a hunch that they'll improve each season.

Klopp did great things with Dortmund, Rodger's achievements don't come any close to that. Ability speaking Klopp is on a different level, oozes class and charisma, quite a character.

I think the impact of some big names has been overrated. It's all about the team (except you're Messi or another extraterrestrial) that's one of the main reasons why Leicester won it last season. Moreover the likes of Mahrez, Vardy and Kanté weren't that high up the foodchain back in the day.

Chelsea buy quality lads, but not all the time, just take a look at your Board's obsession with players from South America, they always end up buying a few 'gems' for a couple of millions and get it wrong in the end.
Matip and Karius are proper players, they were rated in Germany, not worse than what Chelsea have been buying, the so-called 'German Messi' Marin, that's what i call proper Championship level player. ;) And Mané is definitely a player for the highest level in England, imo.

Let's see what Klopp can do this season, but i can see a team that will be playing good footie. Agree to disagree. :)
So nice to see logical and fair posts on Klopp from a supporter of an opposing team. *clapping hands smilie*

Rafateria

I like Klopp, tbh, great manager(not sure about "world class", but his best Dortmund years make a fair case), charismatic, good eye for talent, the right amount of batshit insane, and his gengenpress is really entertaining until it burns players out(part of what I believe happened to Dortmund).

Long term I think, though hope I'm wrong, that he'll have Liverpool in a better place than they've been in quite a few years. As a team mind, not like Rodgers having one great season(and taking too much credit for) off the back of Suarez being off his tits mental.

When Moyes was stinking the shite out of Old Trafford, I was telling the guys that went to games with me that we needed Klopp. That said, most any fecker would have been an upgrade on the Moyes disasterpiece.

I do remember saying last season that focusing on the Europa was risky and would bite them on the ass, but it came really close to working out for them.
Another probably accurate & fair post I totally agree with.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpools last 8 titles came under a female leader. Klopps last 2 titles came under a female leader. :nervous::nervous:
And aren't they all Conservative female leaders too? IT'S OUR YEAR FOR REAL THIS TIME.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
If memory serves me correctly, I think Barthez did as well when he signed with us. Just so afraid of making a mistake that they second guess every decision.
There is a lot pressure that comes with transferring to a big club, especially one like Sunderland where just avoiding relegation is the goal for the season.
I remember that, Barthez turned out to be a bit of a clown as well. Maybe not as bad as Mignolet but certainly wasn't someone you expect for a title-chasing/winning club.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
A point of correction: he hasn't had a first season at Liverpool yet.
He had more than 3/4th of the season and I think had a poor point to games ratio than LVG in the same period. Sums up his first season for me.

Two cup finals are a nice achievement but ultimately counts feck all in grand scheme of things.

Also love how Liverpool fans are degrading Rodgers now that he has gone, the same fan base was comparing him to Shankly and Paisley during that season.