Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

finneh

I seriously dislike like it when I hear "they sold x y and z" they still spent a lot of money, they do every season. Maybe not compared to us and city but to the vast majority of teams they have spent big.
Apologies was the way I read your post regarding who you support
Especially when the players they sold were recent big money signings.

The whole "£0 net spend" argument is totally redundant if you only achieve it by getting rid of players that cost you a fortune in the first place. Last summer they got rid of Benteke, Skrtel, Balotelli & Allen for a total of around £45m, despite paying over £70m for them.

It'd be like United fans spouting about their amazing -£45m net spend in the last 6 months.

willhse456

Liverpool are really going to struggle next season when they get into Europe, using Klopp's style. They have no squad depth at all, to the point that they'll probably drop out of the top 6 next year.

Jaybomb

Liverpool doesn't attract top players.

When Klopp got the job, I thought he would bring at least one marquee signing with him. Gotze or Reus or someone along those lines. He's signed feck all. You'll never win the league with that side. And Klopp is so obnoxious about it that he thinks he can win the league without spending. What a goof.

Peanut Butter

When Klopp got the job, I thought he would bring at least one marquee signing with him. Gotze or Reus or someone along those lines. He's signed feck all. You'll never win the league with that side. And Klopp is so obnoxious about it that he thinks he can win the league without spending. What a goof.
There just isn't enough quality in the squad.

He needs to stop playing the 4-3-3 False 9 system against park the bus sides. It's not working. Every team know they just need to sit deep and wait for a chance because Pool's defence is so crap.

Jaybomb

He needs to stop playing the 4-3-3 False 9 system against park the bus sides. It's not working. Every team know they just need to sit deep and wait for a chance because Pool's defence is so crap.
Anyone could tell they were gonna lose today when they saw Lucas at CB... yet Klopp is a genius apparently.

Henderson, Lallana, Lucas, Mignolet, Lovren... they're all crap. You'd sooner see pigs fly than see any of that lot win the league. Milner is rubbish aswell, always has been.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Anyone could tell they were gonna lose today when they saw Lucas at CB... yet Klopp is a genius apparently.

Henderson, Lallana, Lucas, Mignolet, Lovren... they're all crap. You'd sooner see pigs fly than see any of that lot win the league. Milner is rubbish aswell, always has been.
Leicester just won the league with all sorts of shit in their team

Forcing Sakho into the reserves and then loaning him out while playing Lucas as CB, really poor decision

Peanut Butter

Milner is bang average.

And he is predictable in attack. Every defender knows he will cut back to his right foot and hoof in a shit cross. It gives the opponent's defence a few seconds to sort themselves.

Henderson as captain. Mignolet as GK. Milner their left back. It's hillarious for a club of Liverpool's size and stature really.

Couch potato 82

I seriously dislike like it when I hear "they sold x y and z" they still spent a lot of money, they do every season. Maybe not compared to us and city but to the vast majority of teams they have spent big.
Apologies was the way I read your post regarding who you support
Oh no worries man I agree with you on that definitely. Was just saying that the owners struck gold with the suarez/sterling 100million bonus they got. With the TV money etc they actually haven't put much in. Us, City Chelsea even arsenl have put real money in last few years
Klopp isnt stupid. He knows his value. They've no more real disposable assets left to generate money. He'd be a fool to stay there if they keep things so tight.

VanGaalEra

They like to blame Lovren (even though he is shit) for their defeats, yet he didn't play against Wolves or Hull. Who's to blame today?

Jaybomb

Leicester just won the league with all sorts of shit in their team

Forcing Sakho into the reserves and then loaning him out while playing Lucas as CB, really poor decision
Kante is world class. Mahrez was amazing last season and Vardy was unstoppable. Those 3 last season were better than anyone Liverpool has right now, even on their best day.

It's hilarious cause it was only about a month ago when everyone was saying how Liverpool are so much better than United and Henderson was better than Pogba, and all that other rubbish. And now it's back to "Oh, we haven't got the transfer funds"

Check out Graeme Souness' Combined Utd/Liverpool XI for some top quality banter. Klopp said a few months back that he would rather quit football than spend 100m on a player. So there you go. Give Klopp 100m and he will raid the midtable and buy 6 average players... give it to Jose and he will get you a Griezmann. Thats the difference right there.

Devil81

Wasn't Dortmund utter shite the last two seasons of Klopps time there?

Other than three great seasons, what has the guy actually achieved?

He won a few trophies during Bayern's bad years..... I think I'm right.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I don't buy into this line of thinking though. They didn't lose today because they were tired or needed a rest. They lost because the rest of the league have figured out the best way to play against them and Klopp has no plan b.
They are tired. I said it immediately after the Sunderland game that Klopp might have shot their legs by starting (virtually) the same 11 players and it could be a problem for the rest of the year. That´s part of the problem. Lack of sharpness by the likes of Coutinho and Lallana, there only two players that can play a proper weighted pass into the small gaps.

But I agree the much larger problem is indeed that they do lack a proper plan to dismantle a bus over the wings. For that you also need some patterns AND you need speedy players. Mane is literally the only one. Liverpool is SLOW and technically not good enough. The other major problem is that they outnumber the opposing teams in corners/freekicks in dangerous areas, probably by 5-1 or bigger in such games as today, but you should feel the other teams are more likely to score from their setpieces than Liverpool is.

The team needs a serious injection of talent and outside of Grujic (the disappeared man) I don´t see anybody in their midfield, defense or attack that could alter their fortunes. I´d throw in the Wilson kid tbh, cause it´s obvious Sturridge and Origi are not working. I´d also play 4-2-3-1 against teams like Hull and Swansea. Take out Can, who is a hack to get more pace and creativity on the pitch.

In a twisted way Liverpool have become a victim of their own scoring success. Teams became so scared of their attack, that they looked for ways to stop it and by default found the perfect set-up not only to grind out a scoreless draw, but due to the extreme weakness of the Liverpool defense they can also count on getting those 2-3 high quality chances to actually win the game without moving the bus out of the parking lot.

At this point it seems fairly clear Liverpool is booked for 5th or 6th, hell even 7th doesn´t seem out of the question anymore.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool

Yeah I mean what the hell he does with Can in those games is a mystery. He´s slow and clumsy, so the few times he´s actually called for to act in defense, he fecks up or like today, he simply ignored the Hull player dribbling into the box right in front of his nose. It was like the Hull player turned on invisible mode.

You already know the opposing plan in advance, so you can practice how to break them down ALL week. You can use your 2nd team and it should not be that difficult for them to emulate the tactics of Hull or Swansea. I mean there is a lack of quality/freshness aspect to it, but also I feel there is a severe lack of prep, like Klopp suffers from short term memory loss and is surprised every weekend all over again. Also might want to try somebody else than Milner for the setpieces and preferably not Moreno.

montpelier

also a lack of size when they are feeding it in all the time

they are better than this though

the other possibility is morale sapping events behind the scenes

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

I think you might be doing him just a slight disservice there. He got the Dortmund job on the back of a great spell at Mainz, and proceeded to reach the champions league final with a club hardly blessed with money and playing a style of football everyone gushed over. A couple of leagues and cups along the way, as well as getting top performances from players who have struggled since leaving BVB. He's clearly a great manager just going through a bad patch.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
One single win out of ten games played in 2017, and that was against Plymouth. How bad do things need to get for him to get some stick in the media? Pep and Mourinho would be slaughtered after a run like that.

Womp

idiot
One single win out of ten games played in 2017, and that was against Plymouth. How bad do things need to get for him to get some stick in the media? Pep and Mourinho would be slaughtered after a run like that.
It's because he's much more engaging and "hip" with the media, I suppose. Pep too busy focusing on tactics and Jose too busy playing mind games and making them feel like idiots. Klopp is all jolly with his hipter t-shirts etc, they love him.

askabob

It's a bit rich for us to laugh at Klopp and Liverpool this season when at the end of the day they are the ones still in the Top 4 and we continue to languish in 6th.

We'll look quite silly (as we did just several days ago) if we can't come away with 3 points tomorrow.

ZDwyr

They're clearly in a crisis and we're a chance to catch them if we sort our own shit out. Not sure I'd go as far to call him a fraud or whatever though just after a bad month. Clearly has to improve the squad and alter his tactics or something.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's a bit rich for us to laugh at Klopp and Liverpool this season when at the end of the day they are the ones still in the Top 4 and we continue to languish in 6th.

We'll look quite silly (as we did just several days ago) if we can't come away with 3 points tomorrow.
Win tomorrow and we are a point behind them after being 10 points behind them 8 weeks ago. Hull was a setback for us but we're still moving in the right direction.

Loon

:lol:

Pretty much this.

JustJackTheLad

Hull playing some good football but still expected them to be beaten by Liverpool today. Hopefully we take our chances this time & catch up a bit!

I really thought I'd like Klopp as a personality when he came to the premiership, but he's annoying me just as much as Mourinho did when he was first here too!

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax

Yeah they were really utter shite when they only finished 2nd in the league, lost the cup final after extra time against Bayern and went out of the CL against Real Madrid losing 2-3 on aggregate.

JFC you actually believe Klopp doesn't want to buy more and better players?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Yeah they were really utter shite when they only finished 2nd in the league, lost the cup final after extra time against Bayern and went out of the CL against Real Madrid losing 2-3 on aggregate.

JFC you actually believe Klopp doesn't want to buy more and better players?
They were shite in his last season. They were bottom of the table at the halfway point.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I think he just made a mistake with that comment. Not everyone follows Dortmund closely

Jaybomb

You're not wrong. Hes bottled his last five finals and had Dortmund in a crisis during his last season... But he plays the "everybodys favourite uncle" character so we won't mention that bit.

Even his best players at Dortmund left him.

Cantona_Forever

Where is @Rafateria - the Glaston of Liverpool fan? Haven't seen him here since yesterday? Maybe the weather at Shanghai not good? :lol:

Guess Liverpool fans will give Klopp another year to see if he's all that. If he doesn't get top 4 this year and next, he will be gone. The pressure will be palpable. Worse if he get Europa. That will be his end right there. Get top 4 this year and it will buy him some time but he has to compete with rejuvenated City, wounded Arsenal and in-form Spur which never be easy.
It would be really fun if we can get our act together... :boring:

Last edited:

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Guess Liverpool fans will give Klopp another year to see if he's all that. If he doesn't get top 4 this year and next, he will be gone. The pressure will be palpable. Worse if he get Europa. That will be his end right there. Get top 4 this year and it will buy him some time but he has to compete with rejuvenated City, wounded Arsenal and in-form Spur which never be easy.
It would be really fun if we can get our act together... :boring:
Honestly that would not be the best scenario in my opinion. Rebuilding after a new manager takes a lot of resources and not to mention a new manager coming and to put his 'own stamp'. I personally think he will get more than just the one year you mention. It also depends on how much backing FSG want to give him. They backed BR; but he definitely blew all of it on dross! Klopp has cleared A LOT of deadwood from the squad and gradually will (hopefully) build his own squad. As I mentioned previously, if we finish Top 4, it will be a MASSIVE transfer window for us. Blow it and it will set us back another decade - which I'm sure you lot will absolutely love :D

Reactions: SteveJ