Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Zoo

So is Klopp going to get criticised for saying that the Spurs players had more desire or does that only happen when Mourinho does it?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He's in a great position. Big fat contract and a fanbase deluded enough to not criticise him because he is great in press conferences.
Indeed. They do seem to be very into him.

AS18_

Mkhitaryan vs Eriksen is the key difference here. One puts his invisibility cloak on and the other takes the initiative.

It also helps that Liverpool are away from home.
I truly believe that the Bailey and Fellaini injurys fecked us more than anything else, had to squeeze Young in who had a mare coupled with Miki and the midfield performance. Compared to spurs who have a fit midfield and defense, they basically can afford a horrible performance from their #10 which they didn't.

Bwuk

He's too arrogant to change his tactics and sort out his defence and it'll cost him.

Klopp has a good plan A, but if it's not working he has zero plan B.

At the time I thought Klopp would be a big improvement on Rodgers, but he hasn't been.

Nadger

Supports
Spurs
I truly believe that the Bailey and Fellaini injurys fecked us more than anything else, had to squeeze Young in who had a mare coupled with Miki and the midfield performance. Compared to spurs who have a fit midfield and defense, they basically can afford a horrible performance from their #10 which they didn't.
Wanyama, Dembele and Dier all injured or unwell, Lamela out for a year, both left backs unable to start.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The thing that bothers me is that you put Lovren and Matip in that spurs backline alongside Alderweireld and give them a run of games with Lloris in behind in that defensive set up and do they look as bad as they do here. Do they improve to that level?
I refuse to believe every international calibre centre half we purchase is this bad, it's mind blowing.
Klopp set up a perfectly balanced side at Dortmund he's come here and built on what he had and has failed to implement a spine when that's the first thing that should have been done. I won't get in to the owners cause we'll be here all day and they are a massive part of the problem but I honestly would have taken consecutive 6th place finishes if it meant Klopp being given the opportunity to build a squad the right way up. I just think it was a bad call to do what he did.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
I won't get in to the owners cause we'll be here all day and they are a massive part of the problem but I honestly would have taken consecutive 6th place finishes if it meant Klopp being given the opportunity to build a squad the right way up. I just think it was a bad call to do what he did.
How is FSG massive part of the problem? How have they stopped Klopp from building a squad he wants?

Is it John Henry who calls Klopp every match and selects the lineup?

Is it FSG that goes to watch Southampton play every week to scout their players?

Is it FSG that's training the players at Melwood?

It is FSG that's on the pitch every weekend playing to their own tactics?

Is it FSGs problem that Klopp thought the squad was adequate for him even though everyone knew we needed defensive reinforcements and we couldn't get VvD? Was he the only CB on this planet?

Is it FSGs fault they paid 35m for Oxlade which really was a luxury buy?

I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that owners are at fault here. If you're going to argue about the spending and not backing the manager, we just got a rollicking from a team far more frugal than us.

Our scouts couldn't spot a talent if he game gift wrapped with a bow on him. Somehow they will still manage to go to Southampton and get the flavour of the year...

Reactions: KM

Fridge chutney

The thing that bothers me is that you put Lovren and Matip in that spurs backline alongside Alderweireld and give them a run of games with Lloris in behind in that defensive set up and do they look as bad as they do here. Do they improve to that level?
I refuse to believe every international calibre centre half we purchase is this bad, it's mind blowing.
Klopp set up a perfectly balanced side at Dortmund he's come here and built on what he had and has failed to implement a spine when that's the first thing that should have been done. I won't get in to the owners cause we'll be here all day and they are a massive part of the problem but I honestly would have taken consecutive 6th place finishes if it meant Klopp being given the opportunity to build a squad the right way up. I just think it was a bad call to do what he did.
He had better CBs at Dortmund. Hummels was world class. Not sure why he hasn't bought better CBs for Liverpool. Seems an obvious fix!

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I have felt for a while that more than any other position a CB's performance is effected by tactics. See John Terry playing for AVB versus him playing for Mourinho.

Samrat Mazumdar

the difference was a brilliantly organized Spurs team vs a "rabbit in the headlights" pool!! Wish we had the organization skills of Poch for us

automaticflare

Tactics don't help. They get exposed consistently with no coverage from midfield so their mistakes consistently lead to chances. It is down to the manager and his single plan system. Buy VVD and he will also be exposed. The fix is further up the pitch.

haram

It was so obvious Spurs were gonna do that yesterday. Klopp is not a top manager.

Tactics don't help. They get exposed consistently with no coverage from midfield so their mistakes consistently lead to chances. It is down to the manager and his single plan system. Buy VVD and he will also be exposed. The fix is further up the pitch.
Exactly this. Klopp knows it as well.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I have felt for a while that more than any other position a CB's performance is effected by tactics. See John Terry playing for AVB versus him playing for Mourinho.
Agreed altho I think all positions are subject to it. You go more defensive than suddenly maybe Salah Mane Firmino and Coutinho don't look as potent and you need even more quality to compensate.
The thing for me is we haven't built a system, a foundation that functions regardless of player. It's heavily player reliant and when you don't have vast swathes of quality and don't 'reinforce it, it leaves you vulnerable to this.
We haven't got a spine or anything close to resembling one in place and the worst part is we don't even look to be building towards one. You see it with Poch at spurs, Spalleti and Roma, Sarri at Naoli. Creating systems and improving players, Salah is the player he is today because of what he learnt in the Italian league.
Are we improving players and building a long term solid system with stability ? I'd argue not.

Its very true. It doesn't matter how good your defenders are, if opponents continually get a free run at you down the middle you will concede goals. Partly it's Klopp's tactics and partly it's his refusal to buy there. A Xabi Alonso could do what Klopp asks and also make sure he doesn't get caught out of position.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Its very true. It doesn't matter how good your defenders are, if opponents continually get a free run at you down the middle you will concede goals. Partly it's Klopp's tactics and partly it's his refusal to buy there. A Xabi Alonso could do what Klopp asks and also make sure he doesn't get caught out of position.
Yeah not enough is said about how poorly Liverpool's midfield screens the defense.

Joeace2020

The thread title needs to be updated. Latest reaction:

"The first goal would not happen if I was on the pitch"

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Klopp has to ask himself at some point - how is he going to win anything if he keeps losing? Results matter.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I know we’re not doing brilliantly right now but we’re only three points from fourth and top of our CL group. Way too early to talk about sacking him imo.
You're also five points from Eighteenth.