Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

The Urban Goose

It will be the perfect summary of Klopp's time at Liverpool if they are in the title fight, the media collectively wank themselves silly over him, he is basically deified in Scouseland, but ultimately all he wins is the Carabao Cup. Small time club in the PL era.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
His decision to continuously give minutes to Curtis Jones should discredit everything he’s done.
What a terrible footballer.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Liverpool fans have been saying he's better than Mainoo recently
Liverpool fans used to say that Reina was better than van der Sar, Agger and Skrtel better than Vidic and Ferdinand, Lucas better than Carrick, and Kuyt better than Rooney.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
His decision to continuously give minutes to Curtis Jones should discredit everything he’s done.
What a terrible footballer.
I think he's an decent player but he so rarely seems to be fit for a run of games that it's not worth worrying about. New Oxtail-Chambermaid possibly.

Real Name

Liverpool fans used to say that Reina was better than van der Sar, Agger and Skrtel better than Vidic and Ferdinand, Lucas better than Carrick, and Kuyt better than Rooney.
Not to mention VVD supposedly being the best CB in PL era.

Mike Smalling

Can someone explain what this is about? In what way is a beautiful, majestic feline like a revolting, obnoxious cnut like Klopp?
It's just that it looks like the expression Klopp sometimes has on his face, when Liverpool concede a goal or something. The open mouth and dead eyes.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Utd fans used to argue Rashford over Mbappe.

Next.

Mike Smalling

Neh we absolutely did, think there’s a thread on it. It’s a fair point from them.
Yeah, I'm just wondering what season this could have even been an discussion worthy of having. I assume people would use Ligue 1 as a justification, but Mbappe has been scoring for fun in the Champions League for close to a decade.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah, I'm just wondering what season this could have even been an discussion worthy of having. I assume people would use Ligue 1 as a justification, but Mbappe has been scoring for fun in the Champions League for close to a decade.
I think it was around 2020 maybe? I’m not sure. There’s a Rashford v Mbappe thread somewhere.

Regardless it’s obviously a silly topic. :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think it was around 2020 maybe? I’m not sure. There’s a Rashford v Mbappe thread somewhere.

Just checked and it opened in 2017, ran its course around 2020 and got closed in 2022.

You could say it's excusable given the timeline but even in 2018-2019 this really wasn't even a discussion anymore. Mbappe lit up the Russia World Cup in 2018 and never looked back. It's a thread that you'd only find on a Utd forum, let me put it that way.

But the reverse point is fair as well, there's a portion of Liverpool fans out there who consistently overrate our own players. I mean, yes Curtis Jones scored a goal similar to Mainoo's when he was around the same age in the derby against Everton in the FA Cup (quick Twitter check when I saw the reference in this thread), but you're just dumb as feck if you're trying to use that as an argument as to why Jones > Mainoo.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Iirc 90% of the posts are about how it's not a worthy comparison and Mbappe is way ahead.

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Just checked and it opened in 2017, ran its course around 2020 and got closed in 2022.

You could say it's excusable given the timeline but even in 2018-2019 this really wasn't even a discussion anymore. Mbappe lit up the Russia World Cup in 2018 and never looked back. It's a thread that you'd only find on a Utd forum, let me put it that way.

But the reverse point is fair as well, there's a portion of Liverpool fans out there who consistently overrate our own players. I mean, yes Curtis Jones scored a goal similar to Mainoo's when he was around the same age in the derby against Everton in the FA Cup (quick Twitter check when I saw the reference in this thread), but you're just dumb as feck if you're trying to use that as an argument as to why Jones > Mainoo.
The bolded is debatable - that he's a better player than Rashford obviously isn't, though.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Feel like they'll probably turn it around in the second leg, but still quite humorous.
Based on?

They've not kept a clean sheet away from home in Europe this season, and the two they kept at home were against LASK of Austria and Union Saint-Gilloise of Belgium in the group stage.

They've kept just four cleans sheets away from home in the league, against Forest, Bournemouth, Burnley and Sheffield United.

They've won by four or more goals six times, but only twice away from home (Bournemouth and Sparta Prague).

Atalanta have kept 16 clean sheets this season, are unbeaten in Europe having scored in every game, they've scored in all but one home game this season (a 0-0 draw with Juventus) and the only game they've lost by four goals was away to Inter Milan, the team currently running away with Serie A.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Based on?

They've not kept a clean sheet away from home in Europe this season, and the two they kept at home were against LASK of Austria and Union Saint-Gilloise of Belgium in the group stage.

They've kept just four cleans sheets away from home in the league, against Forest, Bournemouth, Burnley and Sheffield United.

They've won by four or more goals six times, but only twice away from home (Bournemouth and Sparta Prague).

Atalanta have kept 16 clean sheets this season, are unbeaten in Europe having scored in every game, they've scored in all but one home game this season (a 0-0 draw with Juventus) and the only game they've lost by four goals was away to Inter Milan, the team currently running away with Serie A.
:drool: