Kai Rooney Signs For United

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Wazza on the Overlap on Kai:
"He's got my physique, [although] he'll be taller than me. He's a goalscorer, he's in the box and sniffs chances out, that's his game. He's doing okay.

"It's too early [to say whether he has a chance]. He's shown potential. He'll be at United for the next two years and that's when they make decisions on you. We'll wait and see.

"I ask him questions, after training or games. I'll ask him what he thinks and try to give him a bit of guidance really. Like his goal against City [in the Albert Phelan Cup], as a forward you get told to run across from post so he kept doing that. So I said 'You need to be aware of who's in the penalty area. If you're on your own, you need to make a decision whether you go front or back'. So he was on his own and he pulled to the back post, the ball comes and he scores a header. Just little things like that.

"I enjoy watching him, I enjoy watching the games. There was a great game in the quarter-finals to beat Liverpool 3-2. They were 0-2 down, United, and Kai scored to get them back into it. Then it went to 2-2. They [United] got a player sent off at 0-2, then Kai got sent off for a tackle, but they won the game 3-2.

"He's aggressive, in a good way. He's doing well."

bringbackbebe

Wazza on the Overlap on Kai:
The advantage some of these star kids have is something amazing. Learning the mentality aspect of the game from your father who's seen it all is quite invaluable + access to the best facilities and coaching you can think of. I truly wonder why many don't make it with this advantage? Just hope Kai does though!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
The advantage some of these star kids have is something amazing. Learning the mentality aspect of the game from your father who's seen it all is quite invaluable + access to the best facilities and coaching you can think of. I truly wonder why many don't make it with this advantage? Just hope Kai does though!
I think the disadvantage of having the last name and everyone hyping you since the age of 9 can easily be enough to counter all that.

Many might lack that hunger a player who doesn’t have it all could possess.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Natural talent matters

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Imagine asking a father if his son will make it on a global platform. Wayne answered that well, but c'mon Gary.