Kane goes Awol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Of course he can, the club has an incredibly wealthy owner who holds all the cards. Harry Kane will be only be sold if Tottenhams valuation is met.
Yes so wealthy they got bailed out by the government to the tune of £175m bank of England loan last year...

They can't afford to have Kane rotting, both for financial and the rest of the dressing room effect reasons.

If he kicks a stink up they'll sell for what City have offered.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It'll boil down to him having to continue to strike to force Levy to accept City's offer, or not. Levy can't afford for him to rot for a year or longer. It's a simple situation.
The simple thing is, City have to put in a reasonable offer. They can't be going £100m for Grealish then pleading poverty to not bid 1.3-1.5x that for Kane.

Most important thing in Kane's mind is that Premier League scoring record (hence him swearing on his daughter's life that he scored a goal that Eriksen scored). If Levy holds firm and doesn't sell, Kane isn't going to sulk and do nothing for the next nine months. He won't be rotting for a year or longer.

City can survive without Kane for the next season. In fact, Kane probably wants it to happen now more, knowing that next season City could just sign Haaland instead (which I'm guessing is a factor in why I see so many Chelsea fans on social media desperate that City sign Kane now).

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yes so wealthy they got bailed out by the government to the tune of £175m bank of England loan last year...

They can't afford to have Kane rotting, both for financial and the rest of the dressing room effect reasons.

If he kicks a stink up they'll sell for what City have offered.
That is less than nothing to do with the owners financial muscles. Businesses finance themselves with loans, not their own money.

My point is that billionaires have a certain prestige. Being strongarmed isn't something they generally enjoy. Just look at what happened with the Kroenke takeover bid.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The simple thing is, City have to put in a reasonable offer. They can't be going £100m for Grealish then pleading poverty to not bid 1.3-1.5x that for Kane.

Most important thing in Kane's mind is that Premier League scoring record (hence him swearing on his daughter's life that he scored a goal that Eriksen scored). If Levy holds firm and doesn't sell, Kane isn't going to sulk and do nothing for the next nine months. He won't be rotting for a year or longer.

City can survive without Kane for the next season. In fact, Kane probably wants it to happen now more, knowing that next season City could just sign Haaland instead (which I'm guessing is a factor in why I see so many Chelsea fans on social media desperate that City sign Kane now).
You think he wants the scoring record over winning the league, or winning anything for that matter?

Imagine him finishing his career with zero trophies but the record for the most bottled finals... That would be something.

I reckon England losing the Euro final is the tipping point for him.

Must be even harder when pretty much all the England squad won big trophies except him.

Adcuth

ITs his brother, and I am pretty sure he's using a selfie stick in this one.

Or this one where you can see how the Saudis seem to have paid him off with a river of oil. By all means he's a bit of a dick, the type of guy Levy will grind to dust.

I hate him just by looking at him

SoCross

What even constitutes a gentleman’s agreement? Shaking hands over a glass of single malt and a cigar? Waving a big knife around?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Yeah, whenever player miss training, people always discuss this, whether player will sulk and stop playing or whether club should let the player rot in the stands. It never happens. Players always play and club always plays it's best players. Only rare cases we see players not playing and usually it's the players who are not so important for the team.

We also had the same case with De Gea, he didn't sulk but Van Gaal didn't play him when the window was open. People thought De Gea will leave on free transfer, once the window closed he signed new contract and played regularly.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
So the billy-big-bollocks ‘I’m striking to force through a move’ act failed.

Took him exactly one and a half days to completely lose his nerve when faced with the bald sauron himself.

If you’re going to pull a move like this either be prepared to sit out a year in the reserves until you get your wish or display some brain cells when you’re sitting down to sign a contract with the bald fecker and keep it to 3-4 years max with a release clause.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
You think he wants the scoring record over winning the league, or winning anything for that matter?

Imagine him finishing his career with zero trophies but the record for the most bottled finals... That would be something.

I reckon England losing the Euro final is the tipping point for him.

Must be even harder when pretty much all the England squad won big trophies except him.
I honestly think if a club abroad bid for him, he would rather stay at Spurs for the scoring record.

His preference (IMO):
City (trophies and scoring record)
Spurs (scoring record)
Real Madrid/other club abroad (trophies)

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

ITs his brother, and I am pretty sure he's using a selfie stick in this one.

Or this one where you can see how the Saudis seem to have paid him off with a river of oil. By all means he's a bit of a dick, the type of guy Levy will grind to dust.

Strong Wayne Lineker vibes. What is it about Spurs Forwards and their brothers?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Can't hack the criticism.

Must be unusual for him given how the media usually kisses his rear. Even when he's backing into jumping defenders and sending them crashing to the ground.

Glad he's being called out though.

Harry Kane has entire British press backing so expect some real PR article next few days
At worse they’ll call it “completely out of character” “ an uncharacteristic action forced by Levy”

but the consequence that they don’t realise is that they end up normalising this, at present, uncommon behaviour and in the future more players will view it as a legitimate way to force things through.

FujiVice

28 year old captain for club and country, who is a multi-millionaire husband and father, and there are people like "he's poorly advised he wouldnt do this." Time to take responsibility for himself, no?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Not sure why there's lot of attention and judgement towards a guy we don't know (Harry's brother) due to his appearance.

I get that the current situation smacks of actual incompetence, but we don't know the details of how that last contract got agreed, and it's unlikely that we know the full details of the deal anyway.

From what we do know though, I understand people having a go at his ability as a football agent, what I don't get is why folks are throwing shade based on his looks when we don't even know or have any connection with the guy. :houllier:
Because people are idiots

Oldyella

28 year old captain for club and country, who is a multi-millionaire husband and father, and there are people like "he's poorly advised he wouldnt do this." Time to take responsibility for himself, no?
Exactly. Take the Pogba thread for example. Plenty of comments about how the agents only doing what the player wants. Why is it any different here just because its his brother and he looks a bit of a wally?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't get the furore from non-Spurs fans. So he's digging his heels in and trying his best to get out of a club that is in free fall. Why the criticism? I understand the criticism when it comes to backing into players who are leaping in the air. I understand it when it comes to the annual sluggish start to the season. And yes, he was daft to sign a 6 year deal, but he's got a very limited time in the game left and he's wasting it away with a club that's being terribly badly run.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

The only thing I’d say different is Grealish is 25 and can easily have two good contract terms with City, Kane probably less so. That might balance the scales slightly in how much City feel Kane is worth.

Shame Lukaku staying. Was hoping Chelsea would get him and clear our way to Harland (bar Real)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The only thing I’d say different is Grealish is 25 and can easily have two good contract terms with City, Kane probably less so. That might balance the scales slightly in how much City feel Kane is worth.

Shame Lukaku staying. Was hoping Chelsea would get him and clear our way to Harland (bar Real)
That's true but Kane is on a different level to Grealish. Exceptional player who has played at elite level for years now.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Would BM not be interested in Haland?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
That's true but Kane is on a different level to Grealish. Exceptional player who has played at elite level for years now.
This is it for me, Grealish isnt going to make much of a difference to City IMO, while having a striker who in their set up is likely to get a minimum of 25 league goals a season will make a huge difference.

Jericho

The situation is exactly the same: If City stump up the fee he can go. All he’s managed to do is make himself look like a colossal bellend.
Well they might be more likely to let him go if they think he's going to cause problems in the dressing room I suppose.

Seems like he's hit the panic button now, realizing that he's 28 and the clock is ticking if he's going to win anything.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Just checked, Barbados is on the green list, only reason he would be self isolating is if he has COVID, this story gets better and better.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Don't get the furore from non-Spurs fans. So he's digging his heels in and trying his best to get out of a club that is in free fall. Why the criticism? I understand the criticism when it comes to backing into players who are leaping in the air. I understand it when it comes to the annual sluggish start to the season. And yes, he was daft to sign a 6 year deal, but he's got a very limited time in the game left and he's wasting it away with a club that's being terribly badly run.
He didn’t know he was wasting it away when he signed a new deal? If he was this desperate to leave why sign a deal? He wanted the additional pay rise a couple of years ago but you can’t be arsed to even come to training?

Status
Not open for further replies.