Kane goes Awol

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

Such a clickbait headline when that is not really all that Neville has said. I guess a lot won't even listen to it all before jumping on Neville, based purely on that snippet.
That’s exactly what has happened :lol:

slored1

Such a clickbait headline when that is not really all that Neville has said. I guess a lot won't even listen to it all before jumping on Neville, based purely on that snippet.
Exactly. Repeatedly said how Kane is at fault here, yet the account picked the only statement that would make him sound bad. Clickbait and terrible content.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He said that there’s no excuse for Kane not to show up to training, then went on to make an excuse for him. We all know his criticism would have been much more damning and devoid of empathy for certain other players.
He really didn’t. What video did you watch?

If I watch a mild mannered man punch someone in the face, criticise him, then wonder what caused him to get so enraged, that doesn’t mean I’m trying to find an excuse for his behaviour.

If you think Neville trying to work out why someone he knows as an immaculate professional, has acted in the most unprofessional manner… is him supporting Kane, there’s no helping you.

You’re wrong here.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Daniel Levy is essentially in a 'people-driven' business. 100 million at a time when the pandemic has raged for 2 years and continuing, is a fair amount for a top striker that's given Tottenham at least 3 years of his peak.
Don't agree with Kane missing training though.
It's not a fair amount, given that Tottenham cannot purchase a top striker for that price.

UnrelatedPsuedo

How much more than £100m are Spurs expecting? I do think it’s a reasonable bid, possibly hold out for £110m-120m but any more than that I can’t see it, £150m is dreaming imo.

out of interest how much will his value drop at the end of this season if he doesn’t leave? £70-80m
That’s the whole point. His value won’t drop. He will still have two seasons left.

Spurs should accept anything less than £160m. Perhaps that’s £120m plus a proper player or two, but it needs to be a massive number.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
That’s the whole point. His value won’t drop. He will still have two seasons left.

Spurs should accept anything less than £160m. Perhaps that’s £120m plus a proper player or two, but it needs to be a massive number.
Of course his value will drop. Odds are very good that his performance declines - last year was so much better than his previous two years, some regression to the mean seems likely - and next summer he'll be turning 29. The only player older than 28 to ever be sold for more than 90m euro is Ronaldo when he moved to Juventus. And Ronaldo was a special case in terms of the amount of marketing power and commercial visibility he brought - Juve wasn't just buying the player.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Of course his value will drop. Odds are very good that his performance declines - last year was so much better than his previous two years, some regression to the mean seems likely - and next summer he'll be turning 29. The only player older than 28 to ever be sold for more than 90m euro is Ronaldo when he moved to Juventus. And Ronaldo was a special case in terms of the amount of marketing power and commercial visibility he brought - Juve wasn't just buying the player.
Madrid bought a 28 year old Hazard with 1 year left on his contract for 100 million, rising to 140 million with add ons.

Not many players like Kane have moved recently in the market.

Frankly, not sure £100 million is particularly useful for us in the current market. Inter have just turned down £85 million for a Lukaku who's exactly the same age.

Someone

Something
How has Levy made it a nightmare?

City have bid 100 million, once and then moved on. They've just bid the same amount for Graelish, an inferior player.

If City had bid progressively higher amounts, including an amount that most people would consider a reasonable amount for an English player, being sold by an English club to another state backed English club, one of the best players in the world (ie at least 150 million) then perhaps I'd feel slightly more sorry for Kane.

I think what some people are missing is that the backlash is not ythe desire to leave (which almost every Spurs fan understands) but the way he's going about it. Bit early to do the old go on strike isn't it? They've put in one bid.
That's just Levy's reputation. We don't actually know if he's willing to sell at all.
So…. Why. Sign. The. Contract.

The guy is an idiot with poor representation. It’s not a case of ‘Some’ are blaming him for signing a long contract. EVERYONE is. There was zero reason to do it and it’s among the dumbest moves by a world class player that I can remember.
He was naive and probably was told that they wouldn't stand in his way if he decides to leave. I'm not saying that what he's doing is right, but it really looks like City were told he isn't up for sale and he is now trying to pressure Levy into accepting the idea.

OL29

If I watch a mild mannered man punch someone in the face, criticise him, then wonder what caused him to get so enraged, that doesn’t mean I’m trying to find an excuse for his behaviour.

If you think Neville trying to work out why someone he knows as an immaculate professional, has acted in the most unprofessional manner… is him supporting Kane, there’s no helping you.

You’re wrong here.
I’m tempted to ask you the same thing

“You can never advocate any player not turning up for training, however, I’ve worked with Harry Kane, I can’t think of a more professional player that I’ve ever seen, he does everything right, so he must be seriously annoyed, something has happened badly that’s made him do that.”

These are Neville’s own words, it’s light criticism at best, with the qualifier that for him to act out of line like this, he must have been wronged in some way.
If you think Neville would use the same rationality for certain other players then there’s no helping you.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Madrid bought a 28 year old Hazard with 1 year left on his contract for 100 million, rising to 140 million with add ons.

Frankly, not sure £100 million is particularly useful for us in the current market. Inter have just turned down £85 million for a Lukaku who's exactly the same age.
It's not.

Well, unless you strike gold and find the next Kane in the Championship. And develop him into a world class player. And then watch another top club reap the fruits of your labor. You know how this goes.

RedDevil@84

He was naive and probably was told that they wouldn't stand in his way if he decides to leave
Has City been told Kane is not for sale or have been told that he is up for sale for a record breaking PL transfer, which is fair enough for a guaranteed goals/assists, top striker in his prime who is English and is being sought after by a fellow PL team.

UnrelatedPsuedo

“You can never advocate any player not turning up for training, however, I’ve worked with Harry Kane, I can’t think of a more professional player that I’ve ever seen, he does everything right, so he must be seriously annoyed, something has happened badly that’s made him do that.”

These are Neville’s own words, it’s light criticism at best, with the qualifier that for him to act out of line like this, he must have been wronged in some way.
If you think Neville would use the same rationality for certain other players then there’s no helping you.
Ffs. He’s trusting the listener to have a level of intelligence that doesn’t put;

- I can never advocate a player not turning up for training
- Something has happened that’s made him do that.

… as two equally balanced statements. they’re not even vaguely equal.

Of course he wants to know what has triggered this. As do I. As do most here. That doesn’t trump the absoluteness of “I can never”.

It’s a disease of the modern age to pick out a line and attach your own narrative. You don’t have to read between lines here. He hasn’t defended him at all. He wants to know the motivation. That’s completely normal.

OL29

Of course he wants to know what has triggered this. As do I. As do most here. That doesn’t trump the absoluteness of “I can never”.
And that’s the correct approach to take, I just wish he was consistent with it, because he’s been quick to throw our own players under the bus previously without much consideration for extenuating circumstances, that’s the point I’m making.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Isn’t it weird having this whole room dedicated to his brother? I couldn’t take your man seriously.
I must admit that i very much dislike people like him. People who try to be some kind of celebrity just because their brother or sister is famous. Pogba's brother, CR7's sister etc.....bunch of leechers

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal

Transfers like Hazard and Griezmann (also 28 when he moved) largely just underline the point that buying older players for huge sums is generally really stupid. There have only been a few such purchases of 28-year-old or older players for really big numbers (Hazard, Griezmann, Higuain, Ronaldo) and every time the buyer has come to regret it.

You may be right that £100m isn't all that useful to Spurs and in that case they should keep the player.

You’re wrong here.
i think that’s the point people are alluding to..Because pundits and the media portray Kane as a “good guy” they will always find mitigating reasons for his actions, despite him having a history of being rather petulant.

Whereas if it was someone that they portray as a “bad guy” we all know the most obvious candidate, they wouldn’t even bother with any mitigating reasons they’d just criticise him and on a much more personal level.. As we’ve already seen for the obvious candidate for much less and he’s never actually been unprofessional or petulant,

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
This could work out for us aswell!

Levy's theatrics forces kane to go on a strike and city get fed up and splash big money on grealish instead. Now spurs are left without a big money buyer and a striker who's pissed and wants out. This is where we enter and throw in a cheeky bid of 75m. Will levy want to keep a disgruntled kane ? If he does then kane wouldn't give a feck about spurs and his value would plummet by more than half next season and spurs would get even less than 75m. We have nothing to lose.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
This could work out for us aswell!

Levy's theatrics forces kane to go on a strike and city get fed up and splash big money on grealish instead. Now spurs are left without a big money buyer and a striker who's pissed and wants out. This is where we enter and throw in a cheeky bid of 75m. Will levy want to keep a disgruntled kane ? If he does then kane wouldn't give a feck about spurs and his value would plummet by more than half next season and spurs would get even less than 75m. We have nothing to lose.
Kane may not gaf about Spurs but he certainly does gaf about Kane and chasing Shearer's record amongst other things. If he's still at the club come the end of the window then he will go about his business as usual, he may not like it but he's not just going to sit at home wasting years of his career until he's allowed to move.

iKnowNothing

Did you listen to it or just read the clickbait headline?

He said nothing we haven’t all said in Here, while adding details of his personal relationship with Kane suggesting it must be something big to get this kind of reaction.

He’s throwing gasoline on the fire, not water.
I listened to Neville say Kane should have come back and that there was no excuse for him not to for the first few seconds and then make excuses the very next sentence. What’s the need for him to create this narrative that Kane’s a “nice guy” and “professional guy”?

He just criticized an action and immediately went on to justify the same action, based on his personal experience with the said player.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Not sure why people are saying its clickbait? He says exactly what is written on the tweet. "He should have come back but he is an incredible professional and something serious must have happened for him not to turn up" is what he says in that video. If it was some one else Gary would have blasted him. He called someone " a disgrace" because he accidentally put his arm up when ball was about to hit his face but when it comes to Harry its like "to be fair to him" and "incredible professional". Watch the whole video, he makes excuses the moment after he says he should turn up.

Witchking

Not sure why people are saying its clickbait? He says exactly what is written on the tweet. "He should have come back but he is an incredible professional and something serious must have happened for him not to turn up" is what he says in that video. If it was some one else Gary would have blasted him. He called someone " a disgrace" because he accidentally put his arm up when ball was about to hit his face but when it comes to Harry its like "to be fair to him" and "incredible professional". Watch the whole video, he makes excuses the moment after he says he should turn up.
Yup. Agreed. Neville gives an easy out for Kane calling him a model pro. Doubt he would do the same if it was any other non English player.

Cloud7

City are trying to go the old tried and tested Barcelona route of getting players to pressure the clubs internally to sell them. It'll only be a few years before we hear players start talking about the "City DNA"

That being said, if Raiola was his agent, Kane would have been a City player already. Guy finds a way to make his client's wishes happen.

I can't believe Kane is just going to come back after striking for a couple days. Go all the way or don't go at all.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

It's defending more than criticising. You can't just say he's amazing etc so you have to put a disclaimer that "that's not the right thing ..." before you make the point you want to make which is that Kane is lovely.

hn4united

I totally agree. It’s not just his age and performance. It’s who else is in form and an up and comer next year. Levy would be dumb to not take 100m or anything over 100m. He may end up getting stuck with an asset that he may never sell on or for much much less a year or a few years from now. It’s the supply and demand formula. There is a demand and not much supply this window. Next window, things will change.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Kane isn't going anywhere unfortunately given the length of his remaining contract. 100m for him is a fair amount given his age and also when the world has yet recovered from pandemic. I just can't see city up the offer to 150m.

The Purley King

Kane isn't going anywhere unfortunately given the length of his remaining contract. 100m for him is a fair amount given his age and also when the world has yet recovered from pandemic. I just can't see city up the offer to 150m.
Chelsea are apparently about to spend €130 + a player on lukaku. Who is a much worse player than Kane.
It’s utter insanity from Chelsea but you can see levy looking at that and demanding substantially more for Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.