Kane goes Awol

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Agreed, he has went about everything ass about face, first he didn't show up, then he said he would never show up, then it was COVID, then its a misunderstanding then he was handing in a transfer request and now he's returning to training.... all in 2 days.
He is represented by his Brother & Dad & it looks like they have no idea what they are doing. Extremely Unprofessional so far.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea are apparently about to spend €130 + a player on lukaku. Who is a much worse player than Kane.
It’s utter insanity from Chelsea but you can see levy looking at that and demanding substantially more for Kane.
Lukaku isn't so desperate to leave that he's gone on strike.

That will have some impact in the price for Kane.

largelyworried

Kane isn't going anywhere unfortunately given the length of his remaining contract. 100m for him is a fair amount given his age and also when the world has yet recovered from pandemic. I just can't see city up the offer to 150m.
If Grealish is going for £100M I don't think there can be much argument that Kane is worth more. Grealish is younger, but Kane is the better player in every other way, plus reliable goalscorers are one of the rarest commodities. Creative midfielders are ten a penny these days, even if Grealish is a particularly good one.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Yup. Agreed. Neville gives an easy out for Kane calling him a model pro. Doubt he would do the same if it was any other non English player.
Neville talks too much shite and always has an agenda. The only, really only time he was right was with the ESL, that's about it

The Purley King

If Chelsea are going to shell out what will be approximately £125-130m for Lukaku, they should test the waters with a £150m bid for Kane and tell every sports journo they have bid that amount. I don't think Levy would sell to Chelsea even if they bid £200m but would be great to see the ensuing fireworks.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Kane isn't going anywhere unfortunately given the length of his remaining contract. 100m for him is a fair amount given his age and also when the world has yet recovered from pandemic. I just can't see city up the offer to 150m.
You want him to move to City? Why would anybody actually want him to move to City?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Levy hasn't let this affect things before. Berbatov went on strike (and even refused to come on one game). Still didn't sell until we'd gotten the asking price.

Modric seemingly went on strike for a little bit too when Levy refused to sell to Chelsea and again, stuck to his guns.

I'm sure Kane's mind will be focused by the upcoming world Cup while he's crying into his £250k/week if he doesn't get his move, the poor bugger.

fps

Kane is professional as they come, clearly he felt there was an agreement he could leave and now it looks like that’s being denied. He wouldn’t do this on a whim, I imagine it’s agony for him. At 28, I can see why he’s doing what he’s doing, he’s been exemplary for Spurs but they’re on a downswing not an upswing.

But then again, he was the one who signed a 6 year contract. Harry Redknapp on BBC site stating what he and we all know, that Kane isn’t moving for below asking price. Interesting thing is I don’t think an asking price has been properly aired by Levy, perhaps giving a bit of wiggle room.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Its not about that though is it surely? If Kane and Grealish both move to City what does that mean for the competitiveness of the league for the next 3/4 years?
Of course its about that. Are you saying most Spurs fans didn't find it hilarious when City seemed to hoovering up a new Arsenal player every season?

The overwhelmingly likely possibility is that neither Spurs nor Arsenal are getting anywhere near the league title in the next 3/4 years so why should an Arsenal fan care about the top table?

They're also talking about how 100 million is a fair price for Kane in a Covid window (for City) in the same window Arsenal have dropped 50 mil for White, Man Utd 41 million for a Varane with 1 year left on his contract, City have bid 100 million for Graelish and Chelsea look to be bidding 120 million for Lukaku.

Seems the English clubs are still awash with money.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Chelsea indirectly establishing Kane's true value with these Lukaku offers, keep up the good work Roman.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Kane is professional as they come, clearly he felt there was an agreement he could leave and now it looks like that’s being denied. He wouldn’t do this on a whim, I imagine it’s agony for him. At 28, I can see why he’s doing what he’s doing, he’s been exemplary for Spurs but they’re on a downswing not an upswing.

But then again, he was the one who signed a 6 year contract. Harry Redknapp on BBC site stating what he and we all know, that Kane isn’t moving for below asking price. Interesting thing is I don’t think an asking price has been properly aired by Levy, perhaps giving a bit of wiggle room.
Apparently not

Bestofthebest

I hope Kane is not picking up his £250k per week whilst on strike. He has after all broken the terms of his contract. Wish I could have done that when I was working. Unfortunately he is like a lot of people, a spoilt brat. If he had a contractual agreement to leave with Spurs then would have his lawyers all over them.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
And that’s the correct approach to take, I just wish he was consistent with it, because he’s been quick to throw our own players under the bus previously without much consideration for extenuating circumstances, that’s the point I’m making.
You’re right….he accused Pogba of treason for taking a penalty ! Live on sky sports and called him selfish. A player who has never missed training and has come back early to start seasons for us to help the cause. A player who regularly sells the club to potential signings and who regularly helps new signings to get settled. Pogba went on to get racially abused after Nevilles comments, did Gary come out and give an opinion on that….Nope. Says all you need to know about him. If your Nevilles man you can do what you like. If he doesn’t like you…..don’t dare put a foot wrong.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Apparently not
If Levy has told him he could go for £100m if no CL and now going back on his word, who is unprofessional?

Whilst it's true it's hard to enforce verbal contract, it is actually legally binding if it contains the correct elements when agreed.

He could sue Levy / Spurs if he really wants out...

Either way, if Kane feels he's being screwed over, going to have zero motivation to continue to play for Levy and Spurs.

Imagine if your boss promised you something really important then renegged on it. Would you want to work for them anymore?

LoneStar

I completely agree with everyone who says that a 'gentleman's agreement' is worth nothing unless the terms are on a signed contract. However, in the real world, especially in industries driven by people rather than machines (think consulting/investment banking/R&D) there is an element of 'goodwill' shown by an employer to his employees, over and above any legal contract or law.

For example, in the consulting and banking industry it is very common for Principals (equivalent to really senior managers) to let their Associates or Senior Associates quit and join rival consultants/banks or even their clients without much fuss, many times even foregoing the full notice period. The thinking is that a person who is not motivated will not be an asset to the firm and the current consulting company/bank will have a contact (whose had a positive experience) in the rival firm/client for future business dealings.

Another example is Pharmaceutical R&D. Pharmaceuticals is a fairly small, niche industry where after decades of experience its hard to move to other industries. Hence Pharma companies regularly poach talent from each other, especially senior R&D management. In general, as long as the leaving R&D manager, does not take key members of his team, the current Pharma company will not make it hard for the manager to leave. The thinking is again that a person who is not motivated will not be an asset to the firm and the current Pharma company will have a contact (whose had a positive experience) in the rival firm for future R&D collaborations (such collabs happens a lot, especially in the last 20 years due to rising costs of developing a blockbuster drug).

Daniel Levy is essentially in a 'people-driven' business. 100 million at a time when the pandemic has raged for 2 years and continuing, is a fair amount for a top striker that's given Tottenham at least 3 years of his peak.
Don't agree with Kane missing training though.
I think that kind of long term thinking won't work in a business where players play for 10 years at their peak, at best. Spurs and Levy have nothing to gain from Kane once he's sold.

Everyone at the time said that it was a mistake signing such a long term contract. Surely his agent and him had thought this through. Unless he signed a written confirmation, whatever verbal agreement he had could or could not be enforced later.

Ladron de redcafe

Extremely unprofessional by Kane and the Spurs fans seem to be bemused by his approach. He's tarnishing his legacy with some very childish and selfish decision making.

LoneStar

If Levy has told him he could go for £100m if no CL and now going back on his word, who is unprofessional?

Whilst it's true it's hard to enforce verbal contract, it is actually legally binding if it contains the correct elements when agreed.

Either way, if Kane feels he's being screwed over, going to have zero motivation to continue to play for Levy and Spurs.

Imagine if your boss promised you something really important then renegged on it. Would you want to work for them anymore?
How does one prove that the verbal agreement existed in the first place? Seems almost impossible to me, unless Kane was wearing a wire at the time

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yes if we make up a specific scenario with a specific fee in mind, Levy is the unprofessional one. In all the other more plausible scenarios, it's Kane who is making a meal of this. I mean, he has an actual written and signed contract which has far more importance than any discussion, and he's deciding not to fulfill his obligations as per that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Its not about that though is it surely? If Kane and Grealish both move to City what does that mean for the competitiveness of the league for the next 3/4 years?
He's an Arsenal fan. He doesn't care.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You’re right….he accused Pogba of treason for taking a penalty ! Live on sky sports and called him selfish. A player who has never missed training and has come back early to start seasons for us to help the cause. A player who regularly sells the club to potential signings and who regularly helps new signings to get settled. Pogba went on to get racially abused after Nevilles comments, did Gary come out and give an opinion on that….Nope. Says all you need to know about him. If your Nevilles man you can do what you like. If he doesn’t like you…..don’t dare put a foot wrong.
Yeah, Neville comes out looking like an idiot when he talks about Pogba in such a passionate way and then starts defending/giving excuses for player who didn't show up for training. There might be genuine reason for him missing like quarantine for travelling out of country, but the reasons are unknown and Neville is so much eager to give benefit of doubt.

In a way, people can argue players like Kane have lot of credit for their performance and how professional he was throughout the years but when Neville talks as if Pogba made biggest mistake of the century for taking a penalty, then he makes himself look like an idiot when he can't apply same standards for all.

OleBoiii

reddit.com/r/coys/ is a fun place to scroll through these days :p

Apparently Son liked an instagram post trashing Kane :lol:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

On what planet would Levy tell Kane he could go for £100m? All this talk about a gentlemen's agreement and no one has said what it is.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
reddit.com/r/coys/ is a fun place to scroll through these days :p

Apparently Son liked an instagram post trashing Kane :lol:
Lots of interesting stories have been flying around about Kane since Poch left, I don't repeat them on here as they are all just speculation or people who claim to know something, some of it is starting to add up but still no real basis for it.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
How does one prove that the verbal agreement existed in the first place? Seems almost impossible to me, unless Kane was wearing a wire at the time
Could be emails or witnesses to the side agreement.

Only Kane and his brother probably know exactly what the agreement is / was.

If there is any evidence or other witnesses to it then he could have a case.

Wondering if Levy could actually get forced out here.

With the disastrous stadium delays, cost escalation, shambolic firing of Mourinho and manager search and now seemingly reneging on his deal with Kane.

He's lost the plot by the look of it.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Extremely unprofessional by Kane and the Spurs fans seem to be bemused by his approach. He's tarnishing his legacy with some very childish and selfish decision making.
Yes will totally tarnish all the trophies they won in his glorious time there...

Better buy some more silver polish eh? :lol:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

With the disastrous stadium delays, cost escalation, shambolic firing of Mourinho and manager search and now seemingly reneging on his deal with Kane.

Forced out of the club he part owns, the moronic statements fans make when they clearly know nothing of the situation? If there was a witness to this agreement or anything to it, do you not think Kane would have used it before going on strike? The "agreement" is most likely "we will listen to acceptable offers", he said the exact same thing to Modric, as in his book, and to Eriksen in the documentary, what is Harry gonna sue Levy for, the agreement wasn't in his contract. He wouldn't even get Levy to court for it, and would probably buy himself out of his contract first, or maybe you know, hand in a transfer request?

iKnowNothing

Woah!? This is the first I’m reading stuff like this. I don’t think Levy gets forced out. If anything, Spurs fans probably like him more now.

Suedesi

I completely agree with everyone who says that a 'gentleman's agreement' is worth nothing unless the terms are on a signed contract. However, in the real world, especially in industries driven by people rather than machines (think consulting/investment banking/R&D) there is an element of 'goodwill' shown by an employer to his employees, over and above any legal contract or law.

For example, in the consulting and banking industry it is very common for Principals (equivalent to really senior managers) to let their Associates or Senior Associates quit and join rival consultants/banks or even their clients without much fuss, many times even foregoing the full notice period. The thinking is that a person who is not motivated will not be an asset to the firm and the current consulting company/bank will have a contact (whose had a positive experience) in the rival firm/client for future business dealings.

Another example is Pharmaceutical R&D. Pharmaceuticals is a fairly small, niche industry where after decades of experience its hard to move to other industries. Hence Pharma companies regularly poach talent from each other, especially senior R&D management. In general, as long as the leaving R&D manager, does not take key members of his team, the current Pharma company will not make it hard for the manager to leave. The thinking is again that a person who is not motivated will not be an asset to the firm and the current Pharma company will have a contact (whose had a positive experience) in the rival firm for future R&D collaborations (such collabs happens a lot, especially in the last 20 years due to rising costs of developing a blockbuster drug).

Daniel Levy is essentially in a 'people-driven' business. 100 million at a time when the pandemic has raged for 2 years and continuing, is a fair amount for a top striker that's given Tottenham at least 3 years of his peak.
Don't agree with Kane missing training though.
Tell me you're a consultant without telling me you're a consultant.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

I think thats cause Inter are willing to sell though, £50m for Whhite, £120m for Lukaku, £100m for Grealish and they offer £100m for Kane.. How anyone can say that's a fair offer is beyond me, the problem City have is they say they are a big club but are unwilling to pay the prices other clubs do despite people knowing how cooked their books are, feck them.

Suedesi

Forced out of the club he part owns? No chance. Kane is in the wrong here, he has a contract and is unilaterally breaching it for which he will get fined.

Suedesi

I think thats cause Inter are willing to sell though, £50m for Whhite, £120m for Lukaku, £100m for Grealish and they offer £100m for Kane.. How anyone can say that's a fair offer is beyond me, the problem City have is they say they are a big club but are unwilling to pay the prices other clubs do despite people knowing how cooked their books are, feck them.

As a Spurs fan, do you want Kane sold, or not? If so, what's an acceptable price. What's an acceptable use of the proceeds? If Kane stays, do you think he performs as last season?

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
As a Spurs fan, do you want Kane sold, or not? If so, what's an acceptable price. What's an acceptable use of the proceeds? If Kane stays, do you think he performs as last season?
Yes. Push for £150m, settle for £140m, maybe £130m with add ons. Would take a player as part of the deal but unlikely those we'd like would come here. Not sure what acceptable use of proceeds really means but using the money to strengthen the squad as a whole. Yes, he will perform.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I am not bothered if he is sold either way, he has serviced us well and I said a season or so ago he deserves a chance. If he is to be sold, a price that reflects a) his remaining contract, b) his stature as being the England captain and b) the value to City (25-30 goals a season) for the next 3-4 seasons. Price is difficult to place down, Id say somewhere north £130m increased with addons so £130-140, especially if Lukaku leaves for £110- 120M. People can talk about COVID times etc, bullshit, teams like Chelsea and City arent bothered by it realistically.

If he stays he will sulk for a bit, but in his own best interests he should perform.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
He isn't worth 100m, ESPECIALLY because of his age and his injury record and then the pandemic on top of that. And we have to be honest as well, the guy has won absolutely nothing, he has no track record of success despite getting close a few times, with good teams over the years. There's no guarantee of success with him. He has lost/went missing in multiple finals. He really should have won something with Tottenham.

As much as I obviously don't like Tottenham, I still cannot believe he didn't win anything with them. It's not like they had a bad squad. They had seriously good players over the years.

There's a big risk he will be the next club's Griezmann/Hazard. These types of price tag signings rarely come off. You need much younger players with more mileage like Mbappe to get this right.

Levy should settle for a reasonable price. He really shouldn't force Kane to stay, I don't think that will end well and it will just depreciate his value even more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.