g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kane goes Awol

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Chelsea play a friendly at home tomorrow night against Spurs.

Obviously Kane would'nt have played anyway but it will be interesting to see if the Spurs fans have any songs for their striking striker.
He will get absolute pelters, apparently a few fans outside Hotspur Way this morning. I hope its something that doesn't continue throughout the match though. Need to give the rest of the team that's actually putting a shift in the respect they deserve.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Harry made up a job for his brother, then. Nice thing to do, but not a good idea for a top player!
You see it a lot in football.

I genuinely think they're honouring some deal they made when they were 12 years old "let me be your manager Harry and I'll let you have this last pack of monster munch, deal?"

Its pretty shameful, riding on the coat tails of loved one.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

I genuinely think they're honouring some deal they made when they were 12 years old "let me be your manager Harry and I'll let you have this last pack of monster munch, deal?"

Yeah its odd, but a lot of players do it, isn't Rabiot controlled, I mean managed by his mum?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If the rumours are true that Tottenham rejected 120M bid for Kane , then Tottenham deserves that Treatment.

150Million actually is the same as we're not selling him
I guess the problem with that is that Kanes value is certainly 150 million in Britain if he moves between clubs.

Here's a bunch of reasons Tottenham does not owe Kane any grand favors:
  1. He's got 3 years remaining on his contract
  2. He's top3 in the world in his position (Behind Lewandowski and Haaland)
  3. He wants to move to a Premier Leauge contender
  4. It's LATE in the transfer window
  5. The bid tabled is significantly below the players market value
  6. It's neary the point-of-no-return where Tottenham can't find a suitable replacement
  7. Selling Kane in August means Tottenhams chances of qualifying for the CL in 2022/23 becomes severely limited

The bid rejected is £100m + players. The +players is a bit meaningless if they're not players Tottenham wants, so the real rejected bid is £100m. Do you think £100m is fair market value to a contender for the England national team captain and Golden Boot winner? Of course it's not. Not with 3 years on his contract.

There is no £120m bid.

Harry is doing himself a gigantic disservice by attempting to sulk his way out of his contract. Tottenham may be managed by Daniel Levy, but it's majority owner is Joseph C. Lewis (through investment company), a British billionaire. The thing is that billionaires are very keen on not loosing face, and if he's of the opinion that he does not want to sell Kane, and takes offense to the way Kane is going about it, he's not going to sell Harry Kane unless a bid HE feels is sufficient is tabled.

In reality, Kane is a bit like a toddler waving a foam sword at Daddy Broadsword Battleaxe and expecting to get anywhere. All he's doing is burning the bridge with the fans, dispruting the team pre-season preparation and hurting the club in the short run by putting on this show.

"Oh, you're upset Harry? That's ok then, we'll accept £40 million less than what we want so you can go to a contender" - Daniel Levy - Famous sentences that will never be spoken.

You made your bed Harry, respect your contract.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff

I think at the very top level you need a hard, ruthless negotiator working for you. Harry's brother looks like an insurance agent, you only have to look at him to see he's neither hard nor ruthless. I'm sure he's a nice man and all that, but that's not the issue.

If Harry was playing in League 1, it would be fine. Top clubs in the world with billionaire owners? Not so much.

RonaldoVII

Nobody knows what was said between him and the club or how long this has been brewing for. If Levy has gone back on his word then fair play to Kane to take it into his own hands. We wouldn't be against a player doing that to get a move to us. However, if there's never been an agreement in place and Kane is just throwing his toys out wanting to force a move then it's not great given it was his choice to sign the contract.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Harry made up a job for his brother, then. Nice thing to do, but not a good idea for a top player!
Tbf up until now he’s not actually needed a proper agent! I think Antonio Valencia had his dad do all of his stuff too. It’s interesting to think about how every player is represented.

I would imagine the split is something like:

1. The more bespoke super agents: Raiola/Zahavi/Mendes et al.
2. Companies: ICM/Stellar (they represent a bunch of players from the PL to Spain to France); Roc Nation Sports etc.
3. Family agents: Rabiot’s mum, Kane’s brother, etc.

There’s always overlap too. Sometimes I see Jorge Mendes involved in deals as a ‘broker’ where he represents nobody officially.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
"There's a £200m deal needs negotiating?

Step into my office."

Nobody knows what was said between him and the club or how long this has been brewing for. If Levy has gone back on his word then fair play to Kane to take it into his own hands. We wouldn't be against a player doing that to get a move to us. However, if there's never been an agreement in place and Kane is just throwing his toys out wanting to force a move then it's not great given it was his choice to sign the contract.
I would be against signing someone that did that. Because always the possibility that that behaviour can get repeated.

Don’t believe me, or think United are too big? Well, Bale went on strike at Spurs, then at Real Madrid refused to fly to a match because he wasn’t a first team regular. Again these are all “honourable, professional good guys” according to the media and pundits but they do the most unprofessional things

Last edited:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Tbf up until now he’s not actually needed a proper agent! I think Antonio Valencia had his dad do all of his stuff too. It’s interesting to think about how every player is represented.

I would imagine the split is something like:

1. The more bespoke super agents: Raiola/Zahavi/Mendes et al.
2. Companies: ICM/Stellar (they represent a bunch of players from the PL to Spain to France); Roc Nation Sports etc.
3. Family agents: Rabiot’s mum, Kane’s brother, etc.

There’s always overlap too. Sometimes I see Jorge Mendes involved in deals as a ‘broker’ where he represents nobody officially.

Rabiots mum has been an unmitigated disaster, the same with Icardi's wife AND agent, Wanda Nara. On contrast, Messi's dad has done a fairly good job with his sons dealings, as well as Haaland's father with his sons.

I suppose the big point about negotiations is that you need to say more than words and wait for the other person to nod and say "ok". There is a certain respect among peers when discussing larger deals in business you just won't get with someones mother or in Kane's example, his fecking brother telling Daniel Levy that his biggest asset is leaving.

Daniel Levy is a man who is comfortable making hard choices. Charlie Kane is a man who's comfortable being his brothers agent and beneficiary. He looks like a nice lad, dresses sharp, and that is not going to get you an ounce of respect from a guy like Levy during financial negotiations.

Of course its impossible to know what's been said between the parties, but its obvious that Tottenhams valaution has not been met, Charlie has not been able to convince Levy they should accept less, and Harry has no cards left to play. Maybe Charlie is secretly harder than nails, but I don't really see it.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Around 150m is a fair ask.

Said yesterday before the alleged price that Levy making an gentlemens agreement in 2018/19 would be of the understanding of listening to 150m+ offers. Harry and City have brought up a 100m fee they think is fine. While you might say Covid, this is the Abu Dhabi state we're talking about and while the top end might be difficult for non oil clubs, the 40-50m players range hasn't budged, you get a Ben White and a Cristian Romero for a Harry Kane. It's not that tempting for Spurs to offload a 25-30 goal a season top international striker that is pivotal for Spurs and has 3 years left. I don't get how some want cheap deals for City and PSG.
Yeah but they’ve still got to work within FFP rules.

Nah, kidding. Of course they don’t :lol:

Wilt

"There's a £200m deal needs negotiating?

Step into my office."

Don‘t like the look of this guy

Look at the soft as shite hand ….probably never done a days work in his life

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Gonna be a proper walk of shame that is when he enters the dressing room for the first time :lol:

"alright Harry, get a bit lost on the way in?"

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
ITs his brother.

… this one where you can see how the Saudis seem to have paid him off with a river of oil. By all means he's a bit of a dick, the type of guy Levy will grind to dust.

I thought you meant his hair at first but then saw the desk - funny :)

I love the way the room is all kitted out like “I’m a big agent” and its just Harry pics really? I think it’s his bedroom and if this was filmed, at some point his Mum comes in and says “do you want a cup of tea love?“ and he says “MUM! This is being filmed! You’re so embarrassing “

Levy comes out of negotiations against seasoned pros well … imagine what he’ll do with this Flash Harry.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Mr Slimeball

Look at the soft as shite hand ….probably never done a days work in his life
I can't speak for his character, but those are unreasonably soft and supple hands and fingers.

OleBoiii

Did I ever tell you the tragic story of Darth Kane the Gentleman?

Glorio

Not sure why there's lot of attention and judgement towards a guy we don't know (Harry's brother) due to his appearance.

I get that the current situation smacks of actual incompetence, but we don't know the details of how that last contract got agreed, and it's unlikely that we know the full details of the deal anyway.

From what we do know though, I understand people having a go at his ability as a football agent, what I don't get is why folks are throwing shade based on his looks when we don't even know or have any connection with the guy. :houllier:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Not sure why there's lot of attention and judgement towards a guy we don't know (Harry's brother) due to his appearance.

I get that the current situation smacks of actual incompetence, but we don't know the details of how that last contract got agreed, and it's unlikely that we know the full details of the deal anyway.

From what we do know though, I understand people having a go at his ability as a football agent, what I don't get is why folks are throwing shade based on his looks when we don't even know or have any connection with the guy. :houllier:
What have you done with your brother?

MattyLT

The equivalent of a kid running away from home, to then reach the end of the road and just stop and look back.

“Oh-eee, we really did think you left. You sure showed us.”
The tale of Harry Kane leaving for Manchester City:

SATA

So he's accepted another gentleman's agreement? :D

The situation hasn't changed, Levy wont accept a low ball offer.
Not getting into that gentleman agreement bollocks as i have no idea if it even exists but you won’t be getting the quoted 145M or 160M fee for sure

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It's PR BS... papering over his strike.

He wants to go and believes he has a verbal agreement to do so.

It'll boil down to him having to continue to strike to force Levy to accept City's offer, or not. Levy can't afford for him to rot for a year or longer. It's a simple situation.

Ultimately Spurs won't be able to replace, poverty in the market even if they have money.

Just a question of if he really wants to go or not.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It's PR BS... papering over his strike.

He wants to go and believes he has a verbal agreement to do so.

It'll boil down to him having to continue to strike to force Levy to accept City's offer, or not. Levy can't afford for him to rot for a year or longer. It's a simple situation.

Ultimately Spurs won't be able to replace, poverty in the market even if they have money.

Just a question of if he really wants to go or not.
Of course he can, the club has an incredibly wealthy owner who holds all the cards. Harry Kane will be only be sold if Tottenhams valuation is met.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Harry Kane has entire British press backing so expect some real PR article next few days

Status
Not open for further replies.