Music Kanye West - Donda

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
feck this guy. That is all.

Dan_F

Is it actually going to be longer than 25 minutes this time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s out suddenly. 27 tracks and 1 hour 47 minutes long ffs.

The first track :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
People will claim it’s actually a genius piece of art

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
JUNYA WATANABE ON MY WRI WRI

binary bot
Kinda infuriating - parts with promising production that would make excellent songs if they were isolated

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'll wait for the reviews to see if it's worth my while. Ain't wasting time with Jesus Is King level shit again.

Tarrou

ffs I can't even be bothered with the second track after that first one :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'll wait for the reviews to see if it's worth my while. Ain't wasting time with Jesus Is King level shit again.
It’s really good. His best album since Yeezus, I’d say. It’s really long, but there’s been no major misses so far

lsd

The Oracle

Wouldn't bother it's like James Bond films. The reviews always say it's their best yet straightaway then a few months later admit yeah it was a bit shit

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thought it was average. His latest albums aren’t close to the quality of his first few albums IMO.

lsd

The Oracle
Thought it was average. His latest albums aren’t close to the quality of his first few albums IMO.

He was never good lyrically so was always going to run out of anything to say that people could care about.

I gave up on him during the breakfast club interview when he could only talk complete nonsense about needing to be a billionaire to reach people's and when Charlemagne called him out for not trying to speak to the people who supported him and listened to him when he had nothing he couldn't reply

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I stopped listening 8 tracks in (at OK OK). I mean it's not the worst album ever, but it's just really boring and self indulgent, with very little to get excited about. No spark at all. Can't say I'm disappointed as I had no expectations either way, but just big bland meh.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not been through a full listening yet and it usually takes me a few listens to digest an album but like others said, none of the tracks really made me want to hit replay. Even the Jay Z feature is wasted in Jail, an entirely ordinary track. Jay sounds like he wants to add some juice but the production is uncharacteristically ordinary for a Kanye joint.

b82REZ

The tracks are very samey. Feel like I've listened to the same track about 20 times. Some alright tracks along the way, but overall very average.

BootsyCollins

I really like ”Off The Grid”, ”Hurricane”, ”Belive What I Say”, ”Jesus Lord” and ”Tell The Vision”
”Jail” is good to, but the rest is average to boring at best.
could been a really really good album with around 10 songs.
Now the whole album gets just boring imo even if i really like some of the songs

stu_1992

I've only gotten as far as Jesus Lord so far as this thing is long so it's hard to fine the time. I'm liking it a lot to be honest. A few people have mentioned have Off The Grid and that's a great song. Also enjoyed Junya with Carti too, although it's kind of a stupid song, it's fun.

Personal favourite so far is probably Moon which is a beautiful song, or Heaven And Hell which is extremely hype. Really like Jesus Lord too. That sample is stuck in my head, great verse by Kanye too. Hurricane is decent but preferred the version from back in the Yandhi days. Believe What I Say is great song too.

The rest of the album hasn't stood out to me, to the point I can't recall them specifically now. There were definitely one or two in there that I felt were skippable but the others will possibly grow on me. Just need to get the time to finish it now.

Bosws87

it's crap as expected bar maybe 1/2 songs which he isn't even on.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Facebook informed me that he put an incredible Messi bar in one of his songs. Where's the Ronaldo bar at?