Kanye West why?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Gonna be slightly controversial here, but I genuinely think West does shit like this to disarm / be iconoclastic to modern racist symbols.

Of course he’s a dickhead, and clearly has lots of issues, but he’s also smart in imagery and race politics. All of the White power items he’s co-opted - the Dixie flag, MAGA hat, WLM shirt - have been debased and disarmed to an extent by him wearing them.

Do you really think hardcore racists will find it pleasing, or even funny, when West co-opts this stuff and it’s plastered all over the news!? Of course not, they’ll be seething.

I’m not a fan of the guy, I think he’s way overrated as a rapper and I despise U.S celeb culture that he’s part of, but on this stuff I think there’s reason to it beyond him wanting attention.

He’s trolling the trolls. It’d be like if a famous gay musician wore a t-shirt saying ‘straight pride’, you’d know they were taking the piss and provoking conversation on homophobia.
Most right wing Americans love one or two PoC around, just enough so they can pretend to not be racist.

The "hardcore racist" you're describing, ie one that doesnt care about keeping appearances, is a small minority and not a relevant demographic. Even guys like Tucker Carlson (his tv persona that is) and his fans do not belong in this category, despite holding the same beliefs.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Kind of. A narcissistic personality disorder is arguably a mental illness, although I know a lot of shrinks would disagree. It’s certainly not a treatable illness. And someone with narcissistic personality traits definitely doesn’t have an illness.
What makes a mental illness a mental illness? DSM bible? I think it's much more useful to look at it from the point of view of trauma and unmet needs. Narcissism as a significant character trait is hard to separate from narcissistic personality disorder. It doesn't really present itself in isolation. That wouldn't seem logical. I confess that I'm not a great believer in clustering symptoms to then create an umbrella term for whatever the disorder should be called, but I do believe narcissistic individuals are carrying pain, like most if not all unpleasant people.

Abizzz

It does now, but I just pretend he quit making music in 2011.

Late Registration, Graduation, 808s, MBDTF, and Watch the Throne are a far far cry from “crap”.
I completely lost interest in anything he did after giving late registration a listen back when it came out. And even on that the only thing I have any real memory of is gold digger. He was a great producer but him claiming to be a great rapper while he should have stuck to making beats put me over the edge. He isn't fit to lace Nas' (or anyone else in that bracket) shoes as a rapper.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What makes a mental illness a mental illness? DSM bible? I think it's much more useful to look at it from the point of view of trauma and unmet needs. Narcissism as a significant character trait is hard to separate from narcissistic personality disorder. It doesn't really present itself in isolation. That wouldn't seem logical. I confess that I'm not a great believer in clustering symptoms to then create an umbrella term for whatever the disorder should be called, but I do believe narcissistic individuals are carrying pain, like most if not all unpleasant people.
That’s an extremely charitable way to see the world. Which is not a criticism. My own world view is a lot more jaded. In that arseholes should take responsibility for being arseholes. The only real “cure” for PDs is growing out of them. So it’s hard not to look at someone like Kanye and think he really just needs to grow the feck up.

Brophs

The One and Only
On the one hand, maybe this guy is a transcendental genius, unappreciated in his time. On the other, he’s less appealing than…..Pete Davidson.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That’s an extremely charitable way to see the world. Which is not a criticism. My own world view is a lot more jaded. In that arseholes should take responsibility for being arseholes. The only real “cure” for PDs is growing out of them. So it’s hard not to look at someone like Kanye and think he really just needs to grow the feck up.
Agreed

amolbhatia50k

On the one hand, maybe this guy is a transcendental genius, unappreciated in his time. On the other, he’s less appealing than…..Pete Davidson.
That's his delusion that he wants the brain dead to also believe in

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
As soon as you're grown up the responsibility is always yours. Goes without saying really. But paying heed to the context in which someone turns out this way makes sense. Illness or not, if you're in society you are responsible for your behaviour. There are no mitigating factors unless your agency has been stripped away from you.

NotThatSoph

Kanye goes on Tucker:

Jews control P Diddy:

Going to war on Jews and their agenda:

Jews created cancel culture:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The bipolar excuse can’t be used anymore. He’s just a dickhead.

Gazautd18

I completely lost interest in anything he did after giving late registration a listen back when it came out. And even on that the only thing I have any real memory of is gold digger. He was a great producer but him claiming to be a great rapper while he should have stuck to making beats put me over the edge. He isn't fit to lace Nas' (or anyone else in that bracket) shoes as a rapper.
Thank you!
People claiming he's a "musical genius" need to go study El-P's discography (before RTJ btw)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m more surprised Tucker Carlson knows ‘Hail Mary’ by Tupac

Hamnat

All his social media blocked now. He has clearly had issues for awhile but just given excuses as others have said. The usual suspects will claim "woke censorship" etc.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This can go any way with this nutter. It won't surprise me if he turns into the real life version of Clayton Bigsby. It would also not surprise me if he honey traps a bunch of conservative firebrands and posts all their texts online as a gotcha.

lsd

The Oracle
So he can criticise black people all he likes but start on Jewish people and he's banned immediately

amolbhatia50k

Kanye goes on Tucker:

Jews control P Diddy:

Going to war on Jews and their agenda:

Jews created cancel culture:

Can someone translate this for me? His tweets read as jibberish to me. No wonder he makes this shit music when he can't even put together sentences.

NotThatSoph

Can someone translate this for me? His tweets read as jibberish to me. No wonder he makes this shit music when he can't even put together sentences.
Diddy was on Breakfast Club, and offered some very light criticism of Kanye and his White Lives Matter t-shirts, this is a response to that. He is saying that Diddy is controlled by Jews, that they have sent Diddy after him to shut him up because of their agenda, and that no one is going to come between Kanye and his money. Death con 3 is the Bone Apple Tea spelling of Defcon 3, which also doesn't make sense but sounds dangerous. The "black people are actually Jew" sounds like some Black Hebrew Isrealites rhetoric (Wiki link).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We’re hearing now from the Hitler apologist…

You can't even threaten to go 2 DEFCONs away from nuclear warfare on Jewish people these days, what is the world coming to.