Kanye West why?

Trequarista10

What makes a mental illness a mental illness? DSM bible? I think it's much more useful to look at it from the point of view of trauma and unmet needs. Narcissism as a significant character trait is hard to separate from narcissistic personality disorder. It doesn't really present itself in isolation. That wouldn't seem logical. I confess that I'm not a great believer in clustering symptoms to then create an umbrella term for whatever the disorder should be called, but I do believe narcissistic individuals are carrying pain, like most if not all unpleasant people.
This is true, they definitely carry a pain which is instrumental in their behaviour. I would say in my experience working in mental health, having worked with hundreds (thousands maybe I dunno) of patients across a variety of settings including forensics, I have never once encountered a patient with, and only with, a diagnosis of NPD or ASPD. Only ever as a secondary diagnosis. Someone with NPD/ASPD only, I can't ever imagine them seeking or receiving any kind of mental health treatment. I think someone with NPD only is well equipped to be successful in our society. Well adjusted and happy by most societal measures. We see them regularly in the news and entertainment, being reveered. I reckon the only people with NPD only who ever change will be those who achieve enough success in their lives that they mellow, their aspirations change and they start to seek a more meaningful and rewarding path, and choose to change somewhat (but just enough).

In short, I don't think ASPD/NPD should be afforded sympathy. Ultimately, it's characterised by a malicioucness from a lack of conscience. I think this separates it from other PDs. And whilst it may be enhanced by past traumas or events or upbringing, I think fundamentally it's a combination of birth defect, choice and experience. Quite a useful fecking birth defect in our fecked society, too, and absolutely disastrous for people around them and society at large if they get enough power. Why would they choose to change when society rewards them so well? And those with NPD and other, treatable illnesses, well the NPD makes it virtually extremely difficult to treat them because it resists. Its not their fault, they needn't change. In fact the only patients I can recall who had dual diagnosis including NPD/ASPD who did change, at least outwardly and in their actions, are those who started following some kind of religion/spirituality. There's something interesting in that last point and I could say loads more but for another day.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yet people will still excuse him saying he just needs his pills
Oh, there’s very little doubt in my mind that he is off his meds. The mania is readily apparent in this clip.

But, separate from his mental illness, he is a deplorable cnut.

lsd

The Oracle
Oh, there’s very little doubt in my mind that he is off his meds. The mania is readily apparent in this clip.

But, separate from his mental illness, he is a deplorable cnut.

He's gonna be so upset when Candace tells him she doesn't date black men

Hamnat

Kanye West agrees to buy conservative social media platform Parler, company says

Kanye West, the superstar rapper who has made several inflammatory and antisemitic comments in recent weeks, has agreed in principle to buy conservative social media platform Parler, the app’s parent company said in a statement Monday.

“In a world where conservative opinions are considered to be controversial we have to make sure we have the right to freely express ourselves,” said West, who now goes by Ye, in a statement released by Parler.

I love how they always put racism, anti-Semitism and homophobia as "conservative opinion". And cryface when they get blocked for it on social media.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t know much about Parler, how popular is it?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I don’t know much about Parler, how popular is it?
It's one of multiple right wing social media sites like Gab & Truth Social. It was influential before January 6th., but that has waned somewhat since.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
This is true, they definitely carry a pain which is instrumental in their behaviour. I would say in my experience working in mental health, having worked with hundreds (thousands maybe I dunno) of patients across a variety of settings including forensics, I have never once encountered a patient with, and only with, a diagnosis of NPD or ASPD. Only ever as a secondary diagnosis. Someone with NPD/ASPD only, I can't ever imagine them seeking or receiving any kind of mental health treatment. I think someone with NPD only is well equipped to be successful in our society. Well adjusted and happy by most societal measures. We see them regularly in the news and entertainment, being reveered. I reckon the only people with NPD only who ever change will be those who achieve enough success in their lives that they mellow, their aspirations change and they start to seek a more meaningful and rewarding path, and choose to change somewhat (but just enough).

In short, I don't think ASPD/NPD should be afforded sympathy. Ultimately, it's characterised by a malicioucness from a lack of conscience. I think this separates it from other PDs. And whilst it may be enhanced by past traumas or events or upbringing, I think fundamentally it's a combination of birth defect, choice and experience. Quite a useful fecking birth defect in our fecked society, too, and absolutely disastrous for people around them and society at large if they get enough power. Why would they choose to change when society rewards them so well? And those with NPD and other, treatable illnesses, well the NPD makes it virtually extremely difficult to treat them because it resists. Its not their fault, they needn't change. In fact the only patients I can recall who had dual diagnosis including NPD/ASPD who did change, at least outwardly and in their actions, are those who started following some kind of religion/spirituality. There's something interesting in that last point and I could say loads more but for another day.
Narcissists acknowledging their problems? If they did that they wouldn't be narcissists!

Their willingness to destroy relationships through refusing to admit fault or take responsibility is remarkable. They'll disown children and parents first.

Bosws87

Guys a mess, watching someone self destruct over social media seems to be encouraged these days just look at Britneys social media.

Ego's always been huge its what got him to where he was as a top artist, just look at his self belief in that netflix documentary, now appears to have a full blown god complex.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
You know it's bad when Trump thinks you've gone too far.

"The former president believes the rapper is acting too “crazy” in the wake of his recent anti-semitic outbursts and public meltdowns, according to a new report.

Trump, who has previously boasted that West has been “a friend of mine for a long time,” has told multiple people in recent days that he thinks the songwriter needs professional “help,” sources told Rolling Stone."

https://nypost.com/2022/10/17/donald-trump-thinks-kanye-west-is-acting-too-crazy/

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's really still trying to run for president in 2024? my god

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Do people still think this is just mental illness?
It's not just mental illness. But mental illness is quite clearly a major component.

There's no rule that says mentally ill people can't also be unpleasant people. And stress, paranoia and emotional turmoil often doesn't bring out the best in people's character and behaviour.

lsd

The Oracle
Apparently he is buying Parler which I'm pretty sure is run by Candace Owen's husband at present which makes me think they have been taking him for a ride to get him to buy that turd of them

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
Not the first artist who turned into a right-wing nutter, is he?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Apparently he is buying Parler which I'm pretty sure is run by Candace Owen's husband at present which makes me think they have been taking him for a ride to get him to buy that turd of them
Sad if so. A mega cnut wasting his money wouldn't be a bad thing, but being defrauded of it by some other mega cnuts definitely is. Hopefully they get sued and lose it all at some point I guess

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Possibly. Just saw it’s declined in users. I don’t ever see it mentioned anyway as a social media network unless Candace is trying to plug it

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Balenciaga just dropped him. Wonder how much longer it will take Adidas to drop him (if ever).

atkar83

Who will they use to convince people to pay $400 for sneakers?
There's no reason for anyone to spend that much on shoes but they do anyway, so literally anybody can replace him. If they're custom shoes and 'rare' they'll sellout regardless of if this idiot is involved or not

RedDevilQuebecois

There's no reason for anyone to spend that much on shoes but they do anyway, so literally anybody can replace him. If they're custom shoes and 'rare' they'll sellout regardless of if this idiot is involved or not
Very much this. I would try to sign someone else ASAP if I want another artist to represent the brand.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Like any branding a premium is attached to the name. I don't think that the Yeezy line would be so expensive without that name attached.

atkar83

Like any branding a premium is attached to the name. I don't think that the Yeezy line would be so expensive without that name attached.
If not Yeezy then they'll get someone else like the Weeknd or whoever. Even if they lose some of the Kanye fans whoever else they bring in will bring their own fanbase in. I'm just saying they're selling bricks with 'Supreme' written on them that are going for stupid money, these shoes are selling not just because they're the Yeezy line or they're anything special, its just there are a lot of people out there that want that 'limited edition' thing no matter what is is who who's behind it.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
If not Yeezy then they'll get someone else like the Weeknd or whoever. Even if they lose some of the Kanye fans whoever else they bring in will bring their own fanbase in. I'm just saying they're selling bricks with 'Supreme' written on them that are going for stupid money, these shoes are selling not just because they're the Yeezy line or they're anything special, its just there are a lot of people out there that want that 'limited edition' thing no matter what is is who who's behind it.
They can but no one has the profile to really create that brand desire. The Weeknd doesn't strike me as good example. Sure, he has a huge profile but he isn't street enough (when I thnk of him I think of a sequined tuxedo and big sunglasses :lol:). I'm sure there are better candidates to replace Kanye, not picking on you for that.

But at the moment, 'Yeezy' branding does allow them to add that extra premium charge. It's still there with limited edition stuff but without the Yeezy branding the prices won't be as high. My reollection is that Yeezy branded ADidas gear is generally the most expensive stuff they offer, much more so than Boost, NMD, etc.

Hamnat

Adidas will just have to weigh the costs vs the PR. If the lawsuits from Floyd's family progress for instance and Kanye is intractable there and it continues to get ugly I dont see how they can sustain not doing anything. Or if he keeps doubling down and making more and more anti-Semitic comments.

And the thing about Kanye is you can't trust him in terms of executives coming and asking him to reign it in. He could just as easily be fully expected to turn any "mediating" or PR efforts by Adidas into straight up attacks on them. He has already publicly suggested that he IS Adidas. A close example is the Ezra Miller situation Warner Bros had to deal with. They by all accounts had the "sit down" how do we fix this PR apologies etc. With the intent of getting the Flash movie out finally with as little continued damage as possible hopefully. And seemingly so far Ezra is participating.

I don't think Kanye would be a participant. He is so wildly unpredictable lashing out at his own family and ex wife, ex friends.