Music Kanye West

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Hard to believe that Kim comes across as the sensible one here and it's like she's taking care of another child.
It's pro-Kim PR, laying the ground for the inevitable divorce. The Kardashians are heavy-handed with their foreshadowing technique.

SparkedIntoLife

SNL is so left wing they had Donald Trump host after he started campaigning for President.
That’s true but are you saying that SNL isn’t left wing? To my understanding, they used to mock everyone - left, right, wherever on the political spectrum. However, in the last 2/3 years they’ve been unashamedly leftist.

You could argue that the majority of stars are left wing so it’s their views as opposed to the show creator’s views. Maybe so but you can surely concede NSNBC is overwhelmingly partisan Democrats (as opposed to Fox who are overwhelmingly Republican).

bucky

The first vid, the blond one needs to have a word with herself. What kind of shitty advice is that.
Felt sorry for her.

It's pro-Kim PR, laying the ground for the inevitable divorce. The Kardashians are heavy-handed with their foreshadowing technique.
Probably should have known that.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
That song he's done with Lil Pump is pretty fecking awful. Didn't know anything about it, randomly came across it in a Spotify playlist and decided to check it out. "YOU'RE SUCH A feckIN' HOOOOO" had me in hysterics. The guy's lost his mind.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
That song he's done with Lil Pump is pretty fecking awful. Didn't know anything about it, randomly came across it in a Spotify playlist and decided to check it out. "YOU'RE SUCH A feckIN' HOOOOO" had me in hysterics. The guy's lost his mind.
It's absolute garbage, I can't believe people listen to it let alone someone pay actual real money for it.

stepic

not heard the lil pump song yet, but that xtcy one was good. I just ignore anything he says irl

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

This guy is nuts

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
More potato print y-fronts ahead then.

Ken Barlow

New album out tonight/tomorrow - Jesus is King.

Presume its a publicity stunt or a phase, but he’s apparently only doing Gospel stuff from now on.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Wants to tap into that delusional religious crowd. Fair play, there's a lot of easy money to be had there.

Roosney

Take away all the celebrity nonsense, the weird dressing, his tantrums after losing major music awards, his last album... And what you have is a fantastic artist, one of the best producers ever, and a very good emcee

College Dropout was a watershed in the then synthesizer drenched rap genre popularized by Timberland and Bad Boy, delivering real subject matter over soulful beats. It was a refreshing change from the "bling, ice and bitches" that was so prevalent at the time.

Of course, biting producers bit his style, and you had a glut of soul sampling records in the market, so this mofo switches it up by incorporating live strings and instruments into his sophomore record, weaving his thoughts about his new fame into them.

Finally Graduation dumbed down a bit lyrically, but production was as strong as ever, with Kanye introspecting a lot more. He delves a bit into rock sounds, collaborating with artists like Chris Martin and John Mayer.

Through it all, he has shown a desire in his work to constantly improve and be ahead of the competition. After College Dropout was leaked, he went back and remastered it, and it still sold. He says he's looking at classic albums like "Innervisions" and "What's Going On" as standards to aim for, which show his desire for legendary status, which I say he has already

Yeah, he may be an ass, self centered, egotistical, jerk, etc, but the things that matter most, he excels at them, and I can't wait for his next album. Wish he didn't include Nikki Minaj and Rick Ross on it though. I guess having Primo, Pete Rock, RZA co producing makes up for that
The Diplomats did it first with Just Blaze and 'em.

Edit: oh it's an old ass thread

Last edited:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The Diplomats did it first with Just Blaze and 'em.

Edit: oh it's an old ass thread
Yeah what the feck

Also I will not say one bad word about the Diplomats

Also, if we are being technical, RZA brought that soul sound back on Wu-Tang Forever and Supreme Clientele. Ditto for Jay-Z on the Blueprint (Kanye had a major hand in that).

I do think that Kanye's sound and subject matter was a breath of fresh air between Post Puffy... The sound at the time was Timberland and the Neptunes with their synths and shit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
First thoughts?

Religious gospel music can be extremely uplifting. Unfortunately, Kanye barely scratches the surface on this project - it reeks of empty platitudes of a man who you'd imagine hasn't stepped foot inside a church. The mixing is bad. Like, really bad. The features on Use This Gospel are like 10 decibels higher than Kanye on the same song. What's going on there? Follow God and God Is are quite nice. But both stop before they really begin...

Jesus is King feels like another personification of Kanye West at the moment; an awful lot of hot air only to be left thoroughly disappointed with flavourless superficial social commentary. Ah well. We had a good run. Might go listen to Gorgeous on repeat to cleanse my ears.

PS. That Chick Fil A song is the worst song I've heard this year since Chance The Rapper's Hot Shower.

Last edited:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Every hour sounds beautiful, Selah is powerful, all about his flow on Follow God.

Really enjoying it so far