Keane: Fergie has massive ego

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Oh feck off Keane, you bitter, sad old twat.

EDIT: I will always be grateful to Roy Keane for everything he did for us both on and off the pich, but I have no respect for him left, every chance he gets he takes a shot at Fergie, United or both and I am sick of it.

From legend to bellend in 8 years.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I do not post often anymore but I just have to single out this retarded comment made.

Idiot? Make a name off Fergie? Seriously?

This dick obviously have not even seen Keane played before, judging from the joined date. If he unfortunately have not seen what Keane is all about to Man Utd in the 90s, kindly shut the feck up and avoid showing himself up for the ignorant fool that he is.

To see a Liverpool fan having to defend Keane against some of our ignorant fans is a sad day indeed.
Aye, one shouldn't forget what he has done for our club.

But in the same way one shouldn't ignore the person he has become in recent years. It is not befitting of a Manchester a United legend. I have lost respect for him. I acknowledge what he has done for this club but I'm no longer going to say I like he guy or respect the guy.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Let me phrase it in a way you can understand what damning with faint praise means:

"Keane ran all game long that day. Just like Dirk Kuyt does every week. Magnificent!"
It was the most emphatic display of selflessness I have seen on a football field. Pounding over every blade of grass, competing if he would rather die of exhaustion than lose, he inspired all around him. I felt it was an honour to be associated with such a player.
Faint praise? No chance.

Seveneric

I do not post often anymore but I just have to single out this retarded comment made.

Idiot? Make a name off Fergie? Seriously?

This dick obviously have not even seen Keane played before, judging from the joined date. If he unfortunately have not seen what Keane is all about to Man Utd in the 90s, kindly shut the feck up and avoid showing himself up for the ignorant fool that he is.

To see a Liverpool fan having to defend Keane against some of our ignorant fans is a sad day indeed.
Wait, what? So the date a person joined Redcafe is now equivalent to the day he started watching football/United? Am I reading this wrong or is this really stupid logic? :houllier:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
It's a bit sad really. Keane was a fantastic player but the more he opens his mouth the more you can see the bitterness and failure to accept the inevitable that Fergie talked about in his book.

""I could have played for Manchester United easily for another couple of years." - you really really couldn't Roy, and he's talking about other people living in cloud cookcoo land? He retired 6 months later because by that time he was too past it to even play in the Scottish league.

If it was his job to "manage the dressing room" he should have done that. Not publicly criticised his teammates. That has nothing to do with managing anything and only really served to massage Keanes own ego. If it was his job, then the most damming thing for Roy is the fact that players felt better able to emerge and what the team went on to achieve when he was gone.

I loved Keane, and god knows we could do with a prime Roy Keane in the team now but what he's become isn't much more than a media whore these days.

If you'd have told me 10 years ago that Roy Keane would be sat beside Dixon, Southgate and Adrian Chiles as an ITV pundit. And making dramatic program's about his battles with Vieira for ITV4 I'd have laughed in your face. Particularly when half the time he's sat there looking like a charicature of Roy Keane and like he'd rather be sat anywhere else.

If it was up to me Roy Keane would have never gotten old and would have captained Utd forever but football is a brutal business (getting paid tens of thousands to play football really isn't brutal obviously) and i would have thought Keane more than most would understand that he was 34, injured and quite obviously having a negative influence - it was time for him to go.

Keane deserves his place among Utds history but history is what it is now. Bar increasing the viewing figures for his ITV4 program, I'm not sure why he feels the need to keep telling people the same thing over, and over, and over or what he wants to achieve. It's not as if he's going to damage Fergies legacy.

Players stay at clubs while they contribute, when they stop contributing they go, it's been that way forever and it's got nothing to do with Utd, Fergie or loyalty.

I'm really not sure what he expected, to be able to do/say what he wanted for as long as he wanted? Never gonna happen Roy.

Justified or not he was obviously shocked and hurt when he was shipped out, and I would have no problem with him saying so but still reacting 10 years later and still spitting out these bitter outbursts, blaming everyone but himself just make him look like an angry little cartoon character.

I'd say the vast majority of fans read this sort if stuff and just think 'bitter, loony Keane' rather than be shocked that Fergie was ruthless and concerned with power and control.

It's all a bit sad and unnecessary. I'd say his new bosses at ITV are delighted though.

Red_Aaron

It's a bit sad really. Keane was a fantastic player but the more he opens his mouth the more you can see the bitterness and failure to accept the inevitable that Fergie talked about in his book.

""I could have played for Manchester United easily for another couple of years." - you really really couldn't Roy, and he's talking about other people living in cloud cookcoo land? He retired 6 months later because by that time he was too past it to even play in the Scottish league.

If it was his job to "manage the dressing room" he should have done that. Not publicly criticised his teammates. That has nothing to do with managing anything and only really served to massage Keanes own ego. If it was his job, then the most damming thing for Roy is the fact that players felt better able to emerge and what the team went on to achieve when he was gone.

I loved Keane, and god knows we could do with a prime Roy Keane in the team now but what he's become isn't much more than a media whore these days.

If you'd have told me 10 years ago that Roy Keane would be sat beside Dixon, Southgate and Adrian Chiles as an ITV pundit. And making dramatic program's about his battles with Vieira for ITV4 I'd have laughed in your face. Particularly when half the time he's sat there looking like a charicature of Roy Keane and like he'd rather be sat anywhere else.

If it was up to me Roy Keane would have never gotten old and would have captained Utd forever but football is a brutal business (getting paid tens of thousands to play football really isn't brutal obviously) and i would have thought Keane more than most would understand that he was 34, injured and quite obviously having a negative influence - it was time for him to go.

Keane deserves his place among Utds history but history is what it is now. Bar increasing the viewing figures for his ITV4 program, I'm not sure why he feels the need to keep telling people the same thing over, and over, and over or what he wants to achieve. It's not as if he's going to damage Fergies legacy.

Players stay at clubs while they contribute, when they stop contributing they go, it's been that way forever and it's got nothing to do with Utd, Fergie or loyalty.

I'm really not sure what he expected, to be able to do/say what he wanted for as long as he wanted? Never gonna happen Roy.

Justified or not he was obviously shocked and hurt when he was shipped out, and I would have no problem with him saying so but still reacting 10 years later and still spitting out these bitter outbursts, blaming everyone but himself just make him look like an angry little cartoon character.

I'd say the vast majority of fans read this sort if stuff and just think 'bitter, loony Keane' rather than be shocked that Fergie was ruthless and concerned with power and control.

It's all a bit sad and unnecessary. I'd say his new bosses at ITV are delighted though.
top post pops

i dont take anything he says seriously nowadays, his tv work has turned him into a parody of himself, they cut to him when they want criticism and he gleefully provides the copy delivered with his trademark hard stare (his glares have become a bit zoolander-ish - he should name them)

despite all the bad blood nothing blots his copy book for me though, as brilliant a midfielder as i've ever seen and i actually still hold hope he may manage us one day. He and fergie share so many character traits, more than either would like to admit, but keane hasn't yet learned to best apply these traits to management maybe the ROI experience will help him along that path and who knows maybe he will return to OT one day. i know a lot will laugh but its not beyond the realms imo

Smores

People have every right to criticise, legend or not, the guy has no class or respect for anyone. Plenty of players have left us in worse circumstances yet handled it with class and grace.

He's either the most bitter guy in the world or a self-publicist who knows that's the only way he gets talked about

Nogbadthebad

yes, he was a great footballer.

But being a great footballer and being an absolute twat are not mutually exclusive.

Roy Keane is both.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Maybe nitpicking but I felt the fact that he was prepared to have a press conference dedicated to him being appointed as assistant manager of the Irish team, was just an opportunity for Roy Keane, to be put on the Roy Keane show for the press.

Obviously there's history with Keane and the FAI but a press conference? Really? Particularly if, once it gets going, you're going to sit there and look like you want to be anywhere else. Surely if you don't want to be there that much it would be easy to just, you know, not do a press conference and issue a statement. It would certainly have been more respectful towards O'Neill than letting his appointment as manager turn into the Roy Keane Show.

I don't know what it is with him, and it's probably part of what made him a great player, but he always seems to be trying to prove something to someone. I've never seen anyone so constantly intense. You can only assume he's not like that at home or in other areas of his life, because if he is I'd say he's a fecking nightmare, and will probably be dead of a massive heart attack before he's 50. I think it's all part of some poor attempt to copy Brian Cloughs approach, to have the people you're talking to almost afraid of being tied in knots. Clough was a very clever guy and could do it, Keane isn't as sharp as Clough (which is no insult) so his attempts just come off as him being incredibly menacing. Half the time Dixon and Southgate look like they're afraid he's going to punch them and Chiles, well even devilish could tie him in knots when it comes to actually knowing something about football (and that is a fecking insult).

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He has nothing of interest to say and I can't imagine is liked or respected by anybody anymore.

MUFCgal

Very good post.

RoadTrip

As other have said, good objective post. Unfortunately I've gone past being objective when it comes to Keane. I am still happy to admit he was an exceptional footballer, but past that, I have nothing positive to say about him.

United legend? Not anymore in my eyes (it takes more than just being a fantastic player for us over a long period to be a legend; the way you carry yourself afterwards for example. Ole G is a legend, but was never as good for us as Keane).

Do I respect him? No - the level of bitterness is unreal. Unbelievable infact.

Do I like him? Hell no.

The biggest thing for me is that he's gone past the point of a fued just between him and Ferguson. What he has done now is brought the club into it (with his whole control and power comment). He's inciting speculation that Ferguson is still involved somehow or trying to be. That damages the club and influences the atmosphere around it. He should know better. Legends don't do that. People I respect don't do that. People I like don't do that.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Appreciate everything he achieved with us - but he's a text-example of a dickhead. Can't stand the guy anymore. As a player, fantastic. But he's being an absolute twat and clearly shows not an ounce of respect.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
As other have said, good objective post. Unfortunately I've gone past being objective when it comes to Keane. I am still happy to admit he was an exceptional footballer, but past that, I have nothing positive to say about him.

United legend? Not anymore in my eyes (it takes more than just being a fantastic player for us over a long period to be a legend; the way you carry yourself afterwards for example. Ole G is a legend, but was never as good for us as Keane).

Do I respect him? No - the level of bitterness is unreal. Unbelievable infact.

Do I like him? Hell no.

The biggest thing for me is that he's gone past the point of a fued just between him and Ferguson. What he has done now is brought the club into it (with his whole control and power comment). He's inciting speculation that Ferguson is still involved somehow or trying to be. That damages the club and influences the atmosphere around it. He should know better. Legends don't do that. People I respect don't do that. People I like don't do that.
What's the difference? :lol:

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Appreciate everything he achieved with us - but he's a text-example of a dickhead. Can't stand the guy anymore. As a player, fantastic. But he's being an absolute twat and clearly shows not an ounce of respect.

Thing is, Keane has always been like this. Just, most of us didn't want to see it in him when he played for us out out of support for him.

Same way Fergie has been a twat at times over the years. But we don't see it due to the love of United

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Thing is, Keane has always been like this. Just, most of us didn't want to see it in him when he played for us out out of support for him.

Same way Fergie has been a twat at times over the years. But we don't see it due to the love of United

Yep and a lot of Utd fans put up with him or turned a blind eye to the controversial stuff he was horsing out week after week but now he isn't with us anymore he's a cnut of the highest order, no matter what he says he'll always be wrong or it'll be deemed a swipe at Fergie or Utd. It's the exact same situation with himself and Fergie too when you think of it. No bother at all while he was able to do the work of two or three men out on the pitch but as soon as his body wouldn't let him do it anymore it was feck off now we're done with you.

Personally I don't let what he says get to me, I actually agree with a good 90% of what he says and regarding this spat with Fergie well none of them are angels and if you sit back and take a look at it from the outside in both are right and wrong in certain aspects of it.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Just seen his all-time XI. Well. It proves one out of two: Either Keano is a wee bit bitter. Or he is a wee bit stupid.

MDFC Manager

Personally I don't let what he says get to me, I actually agree with a good 90% of what he says and regarding this spat with Fergie well none of them are angels and if you sit back and take a look at it from the outside in both are right and wrong in certain aspects of it.
Fergie though, was doing it for United. Who or what was Keane doing it for?

I don't care who was right or wrong, I only care about who was doing things for the club.

RoadTrip

Yep and a lot of Utd fans put up with him or turned a blind eye to the controversial stuff he was horsing out week after week but now he isn't with us anymore he's a cnut of the highest order, no matter what he says he'll always be wrong or it'll be deemed a swipe at Fergie or Utd. It's the exact same situation with himself and Fergie too when you think of it. No bother at all while he was able to do the work of two or three men out on the pitch but as soon as his body wouldn't let him do it anymore it was feck off now we're done with you.

I'm interested to know which 90% you agree with? Just out of curiosity.

mufcwarm92

He might be a bitter old fool but feck me what a player he was. Imagine a player of that ilk in our current side.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I'm interested to know which 90% you agree with? Just out of curiosity.

Well I agree with everything he said about Fergie in the OP. It's the impression I got of Fergie myself after reading his book. I honestly don't see why there's such a big deal made about it either. Every time he opens his mouth another 4/5 thread appears with the exact same stuff and arguments taking place as what went on in the previous one.

I think sometimes or a lot of the time now people are just ready to jump down his throat and automatically assume that what he says has to be a dig at Fergie or Utd (even though himself and his son are ST holders now) when like I said or alluded to earlier if some people before breaking their necks to try and get to their laptops to type their usual brilliant player cnut of a man, sat back for a minute or two and look at what he is actually saying well then they might see he is actually making sense or heaven forbid might have a point. For instance I don't see anything wrong with what he said about Fergie there in the OP and I don't see anything wrong with his best Utd XI, feck me that team would walk the PL today. Having actually played with a hell of a lot of top class players at Utd he might have picked that team based on tactics or what he'd deem as the strongest possible XI as a unit rather than a team of individuals too.

RoadTrip

Well I agree with everything he said about Fergie in the OP. It's the impression I got of Fergie myself after reading his book. I honestly don't see why there's such a big deal made about it either. Every time he opens his mouth another 4/5 thread appears with the exact same stuff and arguments taking place as what went on in the previous one.

I think sometimes or a lot of the time now people are just ready to jump down his throat and automatically assume that what he says has to be a dig at Fergie or Utd (even though himself and his son are ST holders now) when like I said or alluded to earlier if some people before breaking their necks to try and get to their laptops to type their usual brilliant player cnut of a man, sat back for a minute or two and look at what he is actually saying well then they might see he is actually making sense or heaven forbid might have a point. For instance I don't see anything wrong with what he said about Fergie there in the OP and I don't see anything wrong with his best Utd XI, feck me that team would walk the PL today. Having actually played with a hell of a lot of top class players at Utd he might have picked that team based on tactics or what he'd deem as the strongest possible XI as a unit rather than a team of individuals too.
Right... I'm not even gonna bother trying to debate this with you, as it'll be futile if that is your initial opinion.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I was thinking about the rather obvious omissions. If you think Parker over Neville and Ince over Scholes are perfectly objective and legitimate choices, then fair enough.
Well I wouldn't, but the 94 team was fantastic and very underrated. Lots of power in that side.

Wouldn't be surprised if Keane views that team through rose tinted glasses.

Omitting Giggs who was a member of that side was far more shocking IMO.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think some should show him more respect. The fact is Keano was a brilliant player for the club and it's sad some people slag him off now. When they feel the urge, they should look up some footage and remember the GREAT player he was. Flawed yes, but a brilliant midfielder. There's no need to say great play but **** of a man or whatever. He's the best Irish player in my lifetime and I'd personally love a squad full of Keanos.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Keane added: "Stuff like that almost insults me. I get offended when people give quotes like that about me. It's like praising the postman for delivering letters."
:lol: You've got to love Keane.

I have no issue with his opinion, it's his personal view and he is entitled to it. As much as I respect Fergie as a manager, he could be quite ruthless and Keano is not the only player to have clashed with him. I do think Keano has never got over United and blames Fergie for everything that went wrong. It's human. After everything Keane did for United, I just cannot not love him, no matter what. He is United through and through.