Keir Starmer Labour Leader

TheReligion

Abusive
This is a brilliant speech by Starmer.

The clean energy publicly owned company is a very good idea.
for me this was the standout announcement

Hopefully public ownership of rail, mail and water next
Very impressed with his speech actually and the nationalisation policies are brilliant and something the Tory’s will be unable to copy or rival due to their own ideology.

Momentum gathering and it appears it’s Labours to throw away

Djemba-Djemba

Step forward, Rupa Huq.
Labour immediately suspending her is good though.

So many of the last 12 months of crisis the Tories have gone through would have been eased if they just acted quickly instead of trying to brush it under the carpet.

Sweet Square

This should have got more love.
:lol:

Thanks.

Tbh I understand people need some hope of change in order to have any investment in the future of politics but……I’ve seen Starmer say the same “social democratic” shtick before and then pretty quickly go back on everything(I mean he even bragged about it to the papers - I'm ready to break pledges to make Labour electable)

There really is nothing to suggest Starmer will hold onto these new set of commitments. If anything the evidence says the opposite, it’s far more likely that if he wins, he’ll use inheriting a piss poor economy as reasoning for ditching anything progressive(Like what he did with covid and his leadership pledges).

Yet many people lap it without giving it any critical thought.

Jericholyte2

If you're still believing a Starmer pledge at this point, you deserve to be taken for the ride that is coming.
Here we go with the ideological purity (and I’m a former Corbynista).

Listen mate if you’re not willing to vote Labour to get these ghouls out of government because ‘he’s not Corbyn’ or some similar nonsense then you’re as bad as the Tories and their cabal.

Djemba-Djemba

Listen mate if you’re not willing to vote Labour to get these ghouls out of government because ‘he’s not Corbyn’ or some similar nonsense then you’re as bad as the Tories and their cabal.
Exactly.

Dobba

Damn me and my "ideological purity" of not believing a demonstrable liar, who is 0/10 for pledges made prior to an election surviving six months after it.

Back in a second, just going to run my hands over the new kitchen hob after turning it on. All the others I've had burnt me really bad, but I've got a good feeling this one will buck the trend.
Tell us about the party you support then. Who is the leader, what are they like?
Give not supporting a party a go, it'd immediately save you the embarrassment of not just feeling compelled to believe a demonstrable con man but complaining when other people aren't as stupid.

Sweet Square

It’s not ideological purity but simply pointing out the guy who keeps lying about policy, shouldn’t be believed when announcing new policy.

Damn me and my "ideological purity" of not believing a demonstrable liar, who is 0/10 for pledges made prior to an election surviving six months after it.

Back in a second, just going to run my hands over the new kitchen hob after turning it on. All the others I've had burnt me really bad, but I've got a good feeling this one will buck the trend.

Give not supporting a party a go, it'd immediately save you the embarrassment of not just feeling compelled to believe a demonstrable con man but complaining when other people aren't as stupid.
There's an old saying in The Labour Party - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.“

Djemba-Djemba

Damn me and my ideological purity of not believing a demonstrable liar, who is 0/10 for pledges made prior to an election surviving six months after it.

Back in a second, just going to run my hand through the new kitchen hob after turning it on. All the others I've had burnt me really bad, but I've got a good feeling this one will buck the trend.
Let's just stick with the Tories then eh?

Great idea.

Tell the people who are going to be freezing this winter or struggling to eat, well Starmer isn't ideologically pure so I won't vote for him.

What is it that you want? I take it you won't be voting for anyone?

Dobba

Let's just stick with the Tories then eh?

Great idea.

Tell the people who are going to be freezing this winter or struggling to eat, well Starmer isn't ideologically pure so I won't vote for him.
What have the Tories done differently since April this year, when your would be Chancellor was expressing her pleasure that we didn't have a Corbyn government instead of them?

Frankly, it is weird how this energy shows up for some twat on RedCafe, for daring to not believe a demonstrable liar, but disappears entirely when it comes to who you want running the economy being pleased a Labour leader she didn't like lost to the Tories.

Djemba-Djemba

What have the Tories done differently since April this year, when your would be Chancellor was expressing her pleasure that we didn't have a Corbyn government instead of them?

Weird how this energy shows up for some twat on RedCafe, but disappears entirely when it comes to who you want running the economy.
I don't give a shit about internal fighting, I voted for Labour in two general elections when Corbyn was leader. I wish he'd won.

I want a Labour Government, we need to get the Tories out. Especially these far right Tories.

TheGame

Frankly, it is weird how this energy shows up for some twat on RedCafe, for daring to not believe a demonstrable liar, but disappears entirely when it comes to who you want running the economy being pleased a Labour leader she didn't like lost to the Tories.
The Tories have been a cancer on the country for a long time.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
:lol:

Thanks.

Tbh I understand people need some hope of change in order to have any investment in the future of politics but……I’ve seen Starmer say the same “social democratic” shtick before and then pretty quickly go back on everything(I mean he even bragged about it to the papers - I'm ready to break pledges to make Labour electable)

There really is nothing to suggest Starmer will hold onto these new set of commitments. If anything the evidence says the opposite, it’s far more likely that if he wins, he’ll use inheriting a piss poor economy as reasoning for ditching anything progressive(Like what he did with covid and his leadership pledges).

Yet many people lap it without giving it any critical thought.
I think half the problem is that he never thought he would be PM. The defeat in 2019 was that bad. So he busied himself moving the party to the centre and now all of a sudden he is faced with actually forming a Labour Government and the whole party is having to work out policies less than two years away from an election.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Did you vote for Starmer? Please say you did, we could do with a smile.

Dobba

And again I'll ask you, as things stand will you just not be voting?
At the moment, absolutely. The local Labour candidate will almost certainly be one of two austerity apologist scumbags who actively told people they would vote against a Corbyn government's 'Queen's Speech' and do everything else they can to prevent his policies in the Commons. Might end up being persuaded by the Greens, but no idea who'll be running for them yet. It's about as safe a Tory seat as you can get, so who cares either way?
What’s April got to do with it? Labour have been gaining momentum before that point.
That's when your would be Chancellor was detailing her pleasure that we've got another two years of the Tories, because at least it wasn't Corbyn. So something must have changed since then that means getting them out is the number one priority, regardless of the 100% bullshit policy rate leader that ends up replacing them.
Did you vote for Starmer? Please say you did, we could do with a smile.
Of course I didn't. I left the party the second I saw the leadership candidates.

Djemba-Djemba

At the moment, absolutely. The local Labour candidate will almost certainly be one of two austerity apologist scumbags who actively told people they would vote against a Corbyn government's 'Queen's Speech' and do everything else they can to prevent his policies in the Commons. Might end up being persuaded by the Greens, but no idea who'll be running for them yet. It's about as safe a Tory seat as you can get, so who cares either way?

That's when your would be Chancellor was detailing her pleasure that we've got another two years of the Tories, because at least it wasn't Corbyn.

Of course I didn't. I left the party the second I saw the leadership candidates.
So if you don't intend on voting and your attitude is "who cares either way" why are you posting in the thread so much?

TheGame

That's when your would be Chancellor was detailing her pleasure that we've got another two years of the Tories, because at least it wasn't Corbyn.

She never said she had pleasure of two years of the Tories did she though. She did say she was glad Corbyn wasn’t prime minister because she clearly didn’t like him and his policies and she outlined what they were in the interview. It’s clear the country didn’t want him either. This was after he had been suspended and was no longer a Labour MP.

Dobba

She never said she had pleasure of two years of the Tories did she though. She did say she was glad Corbyn wasn’t prime minister because she clearly didn’t like him and his policies and she outlined what they were in the interview. It’s clear the country didn’t want him either.
She said she was glad Corbyn wasn't Prime Minister. In this thread right now, I'm being told that simply me not believing the word of a demonstrable liar in Keir Starmer means I want to stick with the Tories. But that interview can't possibly be construed into her being glad we've had the Tories in charge since 2019!

Once again, why on earth is some twat on RedCafe being held to a higher standard than your would be Chancellor of the Exchequer? It's fecking weird.

Longshanks

Ironically thats exactly what alot of 'corbynites' actually said when you told them you wouldn't be voting for him.

Djemba-Djemba

For the same reason you're complaining about ideological purity, right up until it involves holding someone you want running the country to the same standards as you do some twat on RedCafe
It just comes across as childish and hugely self damaging. All this stupid in fighting is a big reason the Tories have been in power for 12 years.

But you aren't going to vote anyway so it doesn't really matter I suppose.

And you're not just saying you don't believe Starmer, you came in here insulting people for daring to have a bit of hope. That's what annoyed me. If you don't believe Starmer then fine, you don't have to.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s not ideological purity but simply pointing out the guy who keeps lying about policy, shouldn’t be believed when announcing new policy.

There's an old saying in The Labour Party - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.“
‘Fool me one time - shame on you, fool me twice can’t put the blame on you. Fool me three times, feck the peace signs, load the chopper let it rain on you’

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
She said she was glad Corbyn wasn't Prime Minister. In this thread right now, I'm being told that simply me not believing the word of a demonstrable liar in Keir Starmer means I want to stick with the Tories. But that interview can't possibly be construed into her being glad we've had the Tories in charge since 2019!

Once again, why on earth is some twat on RedCafe being held to a higher standard than your would be Chancellor of the Exchequer? It's fecking weird.
:nono:

Sweet Square

I think half the problem is that he never thought he would be PM. The defeat in 2019 was that bad. So he busied himself moving the party to the centre and now all of a sudden he is faced with actually forming a Labour Government and the whole party is having to work out policies less than two years away from an election.
Yeah that’s a fair point. Back in 2020 Starmer probably thought - win the leadership, kick out the more left wing members, bring in big business and overall move the party to the centre. Where as in 2022 he has to be thinking that he could very well be spending the first days as PM begging the IMF for heating money.

TheGame

Or it could be viewed as she is pointing out that she is glad that someone suspended by their own party, having some questionable views isn’t prime minister. A lot of people think the same.

People have asked the question of you whether you wish to stick with the Tories because you are so anti Starmer. Don’t see a problem with asking that and you’ve provided your answer.

Djemba-Djemba

Which bit are you most excited about, her not wanting Labour to even be seen to represent the out of work and people on benefits, nevermind do it, or the stuff about being tougher than the Tories on welfare?
Her being chancellor would mean Labour must have won.

You seem to think I'm sat here with an I love Starmer badge on, I'm not. I wish he was more left wing.

But stuff like Nandy committing to a new generation of council housing, renationalising the railways, the green energy target for 2030, that is all good stuff. To say they'd be no better than the Tories is just stupid.

Dobba

Her being chancellor would mean Labour must have won.

You seem to think I'm sat here with an I love Starmer badge on, I'm not. I wish he was more left wing.

But stuff like Nandy committing to a new generation of council housing, renationalising the railways, the green energy target for 2030, that is all good stuff.
All you need now is a leader who'll actually do any of it. Let me know when they show up.
Or it could be viewed as she is pointing out that she is glad that someone suspended by their own party, having some questionable views isn’t prime minister. A lot of people think the same.

People have asked the question of you whether you wish to stick with the Tories because you are so anti Starmer. Don’t see a problem with asking that and you’ve provided your answer.
Oh I'm sure a lot of people are glad Corbyn isn't Prime Minister. They just don't then get to demand my blind support, because a Labour government I disagree with politically has got to be better than any ran by the Tories and any suggestions to the contrary are ideological purity. They definitely don't then get my vote to hand them the keys to the UK economy.

TheGame

All you need now is a leader who'll actually do any of it. Let me know when they show up.

Oh I'm sure a lot of people are glad Corbyn isn't Prime Minister. They just don't then get to demand my blind support, because a Labour government I disagree with politically has got to be better than any ran by the Tories and any suggestions to the contrary are ideological purity. They definitely don't then get my vote to hand them the keys to the UK economy.
Well a lot of people believe they will and we hope they get into power. If you don’t believe they won’t be better than a part who’ve got the pound falling at all levels and high levels of inflation then that’s your decision.