Kelvin McKenzie uses racial slur against Ross Barkley

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Just read this on BBC Sport - apologies if its already been posted am on mobile.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39601728

Calls Barkley one of our dimmest footballers, says his eyes make him look like a gorilla at the zoo.

Is Kelvin trying to continue muddy the city of Liverpool?

On a side note I had no idea Barkley's grandfather was Nigerian.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm pretty sure Kelvin had no idea Barkley had a Nigerian granddad.

Wino1

Absolutely ridiculous if that can be classed as racism

NinjaFletch

It's Kelvin McKenzie. He's long ago waived the right to be given the benefit of the doubt on anything.

stevoc

How the feck is a paper like the Sun still in business.

Can't believe people still actually buy it.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He's a cnut but calling that a racial slur is crazy

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's not meant racially, it's not a criminal matter and I think those saying otherwise are undermining their arguments.

However though I've no love for Liverpool nor the people of Liverpool I stand with them on two things: Hillsborough and believing McKenzie is one of the biggest bellends of all time.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Don't think it is racial, but it is very personal.
I think his only intended offence was to make Barkley seem thick, like (apparently) a gorilla. I still despise the bastard so don't think I'm sticking up for him :lol:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Typically classless timing from Mckenzie attempting to stay relevant.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's a poor article, no doubt, but so much is judged as racism nowadays. It's getting old.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I don't even know much about Barkley but even I know that he had a Nigerian grandad. I can't imagine that ol bollock head didn't know.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's class hatred, courtesy of the newspaper that markets itself as 'the people's friend'.

McKenzie said:
‘PERHAPS unfairly, I have always judged Ross Barkley as one of our dimmest footballers. There is something about the lack of reflection in his eyes which makes me certain not only are the lights not on, there is definitely nobody at home.

‘I get a similar feeling when seeing a gorilla at the zoo. The physique is magnificent but it’s the eyes that tell the story.

‘So it came as no surprise to me that the Everton star copped a nasty right-hander in a nightclub for allegedly eyeing up an attractive young lady who, as they say, was “spoken for”.

‘The reality is that at £60,000 a week and being both thick and single, he is an attractive catch in the Liverpool area, where the only men with similar pay packets are drug dealers and therefore not at nightclubs, as they are often guests of Her Majesty.

‘However, 23-year-old Mr Barkley will have learned a painful lesson. He is too rich and too famous to be spending his time in local hangouts where most of the customers have only just broken through the £7.50-an-hour barrier.’

OL29

People who have never been on the end of racial discrimination that patronisingly try to shrug off any accusation of racism and accuse alleged victims of 'playing the race card' or being overly sensitive are even more grating than outright racists.

Not all racism is overt and I think some people would do well to remember that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Gorillas are fairly smart, aren't they?