Kevin De Bruyne

lex talionis

I have a massive amount of respect for Kevin De Bruyne, but there is no question that peak Beckham > peak De Bruyne.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Even with the eye socket? The pressure can be excruciating on the face
I'd be astonished if he misses the Euros because of this but then again, I'm no expert.

I just know that I cant remember a game in the past 10 years where some bugger wasn't wearing a protective mask because of a facial injury.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'd be astonished if he misses the Euros because of this but then again, I'm no expert.

I just know that I cant remember a game in the past 10 years where some bugger wasn't wearing a protective mask because of a facial injury.
It might suit him wearing a mask for the competition. Spare his blushes when he crosses paths with the Chelsea contingent.

MoskvaRed

"Should" have won a Balon D'or and scoring a free kick against Greece is hardly single handedly carrying England :lol:
I imagine you never saw peak Beckham but his CL performances in 1999 were better than anything I‘ve seen from de Bruyne.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Depends on the extent of the break in his orbital. James Tomkins had to miss months this year with that but his was a particularly severe case - apparently he couldn't even close his eye. KdB already being discharged from hospital is a pretty good indication that he'll be able to play.

Oranges038

Is this the old "lets recall a quote after a bad performance" trick :lol:

I can do the same every time De Bruyne wins something......or look back at games and do it for every time Beckham lost a game. See how that works

If you asked 1000 fans who they would rather have, a peak De Bruyne or Beckham.....I'm very confident at least 75% would choose KDB.

Technically Beckham wasn't great. Put KDB at West Ham he instantly makes an impact and becomes their best player......put Beckham at West Ham he is a starter and that's it.

Maybe ask 1000 fans who were around in the 90s and actually saw both play.

Or maybe just accept that almost everything you've posted in relation to Beckham has been wrong.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Some of the words im reading about Becks here :nono:

Some people seem to be remembering him for the celebrity he became and are forgetting the player he was.

SATA

Belgium are probably fecked if he’s out for the euros, especially when Eden is now so out of form and Lukaku will need quality service to score his goals

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Wait... Some are actually suggesting that Beckham was a better player than KDB? I Know this is a United forum, but please drop down the pipe.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Like saying an orange is better than a apple. They're both fruits but depends on what you want :houllier: Wouldn't turn my nose up at either of them in their prime for a World XI.

Idxomer

Terrible today, created a couple of chances but couldn't give Belgium any control.

Too many loose touches and abysmal passing.

Zoo

Like Kante (completely ineffective against Switzerland) he never gets called out when he plays badly.

laughtersassassin

Put this in the Pogba thread but works here as well

That's Back to Back to Back international tournaments where Pogba was undoubtedly better than KDB is good to see.

Obviously the opposite at club level though.

Assume in the interest of fairness that KDB will be the singular player blamed for them getting knocked out?

Especially considering he done very little tonight in comparison to Pogba versus Switzerland who was creating everything for France.

I know that won't happen because for whatever reason the rules aren't the same for comparing most players.

mu4c_20le

Reminded me of Pogba tbh. When he shined, his teammates weren't on the same wavelength, and when he's poor he gets blamed.

Superden

Tried to do it all himself, and was clearly not fit. Dont think its fair to lay into him.

A few real nice pieces of play, loads of utter crap.
Shows the difference playing in an excellent confident winning machine makes, I wish more fans would consider this when judging our players.

cyberman

Questions now needs to be asked about his performances in the biggest games.

Exiust

Just told in the post match interview that he played with a tear in his ligaments and hadn't trained since the Portugal game. Fair play to him.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Standard over-reaction in here. In the 5 weeks since the Champions League final, I'd be surprised if he's trained properly on more than a couple of days. Those injuries catch up with you eventually, eroding your sharpness and rhythm. That he was able to explode into the Denmark game with an assist and brilliant goal to save Belgium's bacon was remarkable, given he'd been sidelined for 3 weeks. Another two assists against Finland was impressive again. Even tonight where his ankle clearly wasn't 100% he tees up Lukaku for a tap-in and had some good moments.

Zen

Won't be called out though.
Bit odd - because he's getting it from everywhere seemingly, just like he did for the CL and others.

Makes no difference how his or other big time players performances were if the team loses, in the modern era, if you are consistent at not getting over the line, you are taking the hit. A lot of this Belgium team will continue to get it... since most of them also aren't in teams winning and/or doing well in the CL - KdB is the prime target because City are the consistent faves for the CL.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Poor today, he's had bad game before but the lack of pressing and effort in defence. Maybe not fully recovered as he wasn't supposed to be fit according to Martinez. Poor showing, not the best tournie for him at all. 135 good minutes in the group stage and not a lot in the knockouts.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I thought it was evident he’s not 100% physically. Most of his teammates looked knackered as well.

Deery

Dreary
I thought it was evident he’s not 100% physically. Most of his teammates looked knackered as well.
Looked knackered near the end but still could have had a goal and two assists if not for Donnarumma and a lucky goal line arse clearance.

Pickle85

Put this in the Pogba thread but works here as well

That's Back to Back to Back international tournaments where Pogba was undoubtedly better than KDB is good to see.

Obviously the opposite at club level though.

Assume in the interest of fairness that KDB will be the singular player blamed for them getting knocked out?

Especially considering he done very little tonight in comparison to Pogba versus Switzerland who was creating everything for France.

I know that won't happen because for whatever reason the rules aren't the same for comparing most players.
What are you talking about?! What has Pogba got to do with this? Yes, he's had a better tournament than KdB but not sure what your point is. Both sides exited at the same point and Pogba gave possession away in the move that directly led to a Swiss goal. I don't think anyone is blaming him in entirety for France going out but, yeah, given that it's undeniable he had a hand. I think he's a class act, albeit inconsistent, but coming into the KdB thread and ranting about Pogba is just odd.

padr81

Supports
Man City
What are you talking about?! What has Pogba got to do with this? Yes, he's had a better tournament than KdB but not sure what your point is. Both sides exited at the same point and Pogba gave possession away in the move that directly led to a Swiss goal. I don't think anyone is blaming him in entirety for France going out but, yeah, given that it's undeniable he had a hand. I think he's a class act, albeit inconsistent, but coming into the KdB thread and ranting about Pogba is just odd.
Its this weird thing that some on the Caf feel the need to do with regard to City.
Maguire -- Dias, AWB -- Walker, Bruno or Pogba -- KDB, Rashford -- Sterling. It'd make you wonder just how the league table finished as it did considering half them also consider Pep a fraud.

Maybe he want Graham Souness to start a 1 man hate crew vs KDB.

laughtersassassin

Not really. Its just a point of comparison, not a rant even if your read it like one.

Pogba was fantastic for France the game they got knocked out. Gave the ball away but created everything and won the ball back for their second goal too if we are arguing semantics.

Yet he was blamed instantly by most pundits and was the major discussion point.

Meanwhile KDB was very poor tonight. Created one or two nice chances but otherwise very poor. 57% pass completion and lost the ball 25 times.

Yet the pundits weren't instantly blaming him for the loss.

Interesting is all.

For me neither are to blame for their Country's exit although Pogba did far more to keep his country in the competition than KDB.

France got knocked out more cause of Pavard and Mbappe if they where to blame individuals.