Kevin De Bruyne

Blackwidow

Yep, called it. Knew Pep wouldn't rate him as a CM.

I think when everyone's fit Silva, Gundogan & Fernandinho will be his first choice CM's and KDB will battle it out with Sterling & Sane for the two winger positions. Thing is, Pep prefers players that are very strong 1v1 out wide so he's fighting a losing battle at the moment.

Gotze's career at Bayern played out in a similar fashion.
There is no Robben or Ribery on the winger position. And Götze is another story that might have more to do with his mentality. Your right that Pep will try to play with a Silva-Fernandinho-Gündogan midfield when possible - but KdB is good enough to beat the player on the winger position.

I see him more like Müller - maybe he is not ideal for any of Pep's position plans - but he will always make it into the team - and if not it the game will not be a success.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He's playing like a man possessed. So much running. Don't think that's sustainable.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Could be favourite for POTY if he keeps this up and stays fit. Looked excellent at times last season and looks even better now.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Now I see it! :eek: Awesome player.

I'm such a clueless wanker. Mods please change my name from Dumbstar to JoseMourinho. :smirk:

padr81

Supports
Man City
He was due a big performance and finally delivered. He's been brilliant for us but struggled in the tough games. Was magnificent today even second half when you guys were controlling the game he ran himself into the ground.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Too good for Man City, said it last year too. Sad that players like him are at CIty.

Bwuk

Man of the match. Superb from him won them the game.

Acole9

Outstanding
He totally run the game for them today. Such an awkward looking lad though, he always looks like he's about to cry.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Think under Pep he'll become one of the best players in the league. Pep loves a player like him and will know how to get the best from him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I recalled last season that some stated that he was incapable of producing in big game. I believe this performance will quiet that notion for awhile.
[...he says with a bizarre air of self-satisfaction]

:lol:

izec

Majestic performance. Gave 120% today, was everywhere. Made quite a few runs from deep, left it all on the pitch. You expect him to hit the target everytime he is close to the goal, his shooting technique in and around the penalty box is deadly.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He was brilliant today, and is very good in general, but we did give him and their midfield as a whole too much respect and room.

Cityfaninpeace

Supports
Man City
Glad to see de bruyne is finally getting recognition from our rivals. He's world Class and reminds me a lot of muller mixed with scholes

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Majestic performance. Gave 120% today, was everywhere. Made quite a few runs from deep, left it all on the pitch. You expect him to hit the target everytime he is close to the goal, his shooting technique in and around the penalty box is deadly.
One of the few players I expect to hit the target 9 out of 10 times.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Only problem tactically was we didn't deal with him at all. Was always open and completely controlled the game

donkeyfish

Fantastic today. Not just on, but also off the ball.

In a sense he reminds me of how I remember Rooney at his best. Great work rate and movement. Feels like his playing defence, midfield and attack at the same time. In addition a lethal finishing ability. First goal, second goal, post in the second half where all great shots.

Walters_19_MuFc

I've been a big critic of his, but I felt he was fantastic today, as was Silva, who is just a magician, and a joy to watch.

I must say; however, had we started with a 433, they wouldn't have had nowhere near the influence they had in the first half. They had way too much time.

Irrational.

Unbelievable performance. Ran the game and caused all kinds of problems in between the lines.

Pogba needs to play in a similar position if we are to see performances like his. He sits too deep.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Only problem tactically was we didn't deal with him at all. Was always open and completely controlled the game
His positioning and off the ball movement was incredible. Hard to nail a player down when he acts like that.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Reminded me of a peak Gerrard today. Lots of energy, great running in behind and his usual world class technique in his passing, crossing and shooting. He is going to finish the season with brilliant numbers in goals and assists.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
His positioning and off the ball movement was incredible. Hard to nail a player down when he acts like that.
Very true. The frustrating thing is that a good player like him should never be given that much time and space because he isn't the type to dribble past easily. His clever movement is his best asset.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He was putting in performances like today regularly for Wolfsburg in 14/15, hence why they finished 2nd behind Bayern. He also tore Bayern a new one, I think it was at home. 2 excellent goals against them.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No doubt it's hard but I think we made it easier for him and their midfield as a whole today. I'm not saying we could've kept him quiet for the whole game because he's so good, but I think there's more we could've done.