g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kevin De Bruyne

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Whether he is injured or not that is a red card worthy tackle without any question.
If it is, then I would say City (for example, and probably us, too) should have had at least 1 red card in EVERY GAME, given how often these challenges occur.

Lan

With all the hysteria, the sheik must be pleased to see the amount of money he spends on PR is well spent.

hn4manunited

Didn’t look that bad a tackle. Looked a typical professional tackle with the intent to not let him make forward progress.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
If it is, then I would say City (for example, and probably us, too) should have had at least 1 red card in EVERY GAME, given how often these challenges occur.
Well I generally think that PL refs let way too many card level fouls go unpunished.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Well I generally think that PL refs let way too many card level fouls go unpunished.
If anything refs are getting way too fussy.

If you have ever played football at any kind of reasonable level you know how easy it is to mistime a tackle.

Maybe you have a point about deliberate fouls being underpunished but these are very hard to distinguish in many cases.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
City play the best football in the history of the game, and De Bruyne is better than Xavi so we have to treat him like our precious little child. Its a bog standard professional tackle to stop a counter attack, before I had seen the challenge I thought it was studs up, high, two footed leg breaker.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If anything refs are getting way too fussy.

If you have ever played football at any kind of reasonable level you know how easy it is to mistime a tackle.

Maybe you have a point about deliberate fouls being underpunished but these are very hard to distinguish in many cases.
It's easy to mistime a tackle when done improperly. Source: someone who has played football at a reasonable level.

BlueSingh

Supports
Manchester City
Ahh finally something that puts smile on some of the reds this new year, Pogba finally got his wish too. :rolleyes:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
All the journalists can't wait to write about the tackles now that City player got a rough tackle :lol:

Poor wenger was crying about the same for more than 10 years and he was called out for that saying his players are soft.

padr81

Supports
Man City
All the journalists can't wait to write about the tackles now that City player got a rough tackle :lol:

Poor wenger was crying about the same for more than 10 years and he was called out for that saying his players are soft.
That's 4 potential leg breakers in 3 games.

For everyone saying its not a red he catches him around the knee for Christ sake and its clearly a scissors tackle. Hardly your standard pro foul.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
That's 4 potential leg breakers in 3 games.

For everyone saying its not a red he catches him around the knee for Christ sake and its clearly a scissors tackle. Hardly your standard pro foul.
Astonishing that anyone is calling that a professional foul. A professional foul is a trip, a shirt pull, or a shoulder barge. All of which are highly unlikely to cause a serious injury. I’ve no issue with Puncheon or any player “taking one for the team” and committing a professional foul in those circumstances when we were counter-attacking yesterday but the manner in which he did it showed he didn’t give a shit about any ramifications in terms of the opponent getting a serious injury.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Astonishing that anyone is calling that a professional foul. A professional foul is a trip, a shirt pull, or a shoulder barge. All of which are highly unlikely to cause a serious injury. I’ve no issue with Puncheon or any player “taking one for the team” and committing a professional foul in those circumstances when we were counter-attacking yesterday but the manner in which he did it showed he didn’t give a shit about any ramifications in terms of the opponent getting a serious injury.
Him and Dann could be out for the rest of the season. Fetch me the world's smallest fecking violin.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nd-jason-puncheon-for-rest-of-season-injuries

Classical Mechanic

What a flange. KDB made it look miles worse than it was by going superman. Legs don’t get broken like that ever, feet need to be planted and directly impacted. No surprise there is nothing wrong with him.

Sandyman

Wasn't he stretchered off the field? Was that just precaution?

Also, even though the outcry was a bit OTT, it was still a horrendous tackle, irrespective of De Bruyne not getting injured.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wait KDB survived? The way the commentator went on about it, I thought he was a goner, or at least that he'd have lost his leg?

I'd never wish harm on anyone (not even a ginger playing for City), but it wasn't THAT bad was it?

el3mel

Can be in the squad today. Hope the drama queens who exaggerated that tackle on him and asked for protection rest now. :)

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City

Can be in the squad today. Hope the drama queens who exaggerated that tackle on him and asked for protection rest now. :)
The length of the injury doesn’t define the recklessness of the tackle. Good to see though, Jesus wasn’t as fortunate.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Starts tonight.

Weird he was rolling around like he'd been shot and was actually injured.

I've seen players miss games because of dead legs, so there must've been literally nothing wrong with him at all.

IrishRedDevil

Drama queen.

I’m not saying I want wreckless tackles in the league, and I would never wish injury on any player, but I do think it’s time for teams get more physical with City. Their players clearly have a soft centre. Teams need to stop sitting off them, get in their faces, make tough tackles, force a reaction etc. Very easy to say of course, when they are so good at playing football, but I’m sure you get my point.
Crystal Palace done a very good job at putting them under more pressure and a few of the City players looked rattled.