Khvicha Kvaratskhelia | Napoli Player

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s happy in Napoli. Don’t think he will leave just yet

MadMike

I reckon he stays for another year for sure. If he has another year like this one, it'll be hard for Napoli to keep him afterwards. He will be keen to move himself after couple of seasons in Italy and with bigger teams circling.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
This.

When this thread started two years ago people made Scrabble jokes.

A year ago he was tearing up his contract in Russia over family safety, Ukraine and personal threats. Moved to the Georgian league instead :eek:

He is living the dream.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well, by naming them both, it seems that their agent is calling for a bidding to begin.
eh, it's an interview with the agent of one of the most sought after players around. Of course he was asked where he could end up playing and he answered. Making clear there were no plans to leave Napoli right now

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tbh the only big sides I actually see him signing for are PSG and Barcelona. Some players are at that level that you don't bother signing anyone for their position, even if they might be a bit better, because that "bit better" option is probably 150m and you already have elite output from the left
  • Madrid have Vini
  • Bayern have Mane and Coman and Musiala
  • United have Rashford
  • City have Grealish/Foden
  • Liverpool have Luis Diaz
  • Chelsea just spent 100m on Mudryk and are getting Nkunku
  • Arsenal probably can't afford him and have Martinelli, though maybe they're an option as they wanted Mudryk

PSG might get him after Neymar leaves. Different question if he'd want to go there. Barcelona don't have someone set on LW but their finances are still fecked. But they're the most realistic.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Would be a waste for Madrid, he probably has higher potential than vini but the latter is already world class and one of the best in his position, would be a waste of cash.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I'm not going to argue that it was a good goal, but my word the defence was absolutely shocking, probably close to Sunday league standard that.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'm not going to argue that it was a good goal, but my word the defence was absolutely shocking, probably close to Sunday league standard that.
Good players have tendency of making the opposing defence look shite, we already know that after having watched the mardona and Messies of this world.

Champ

Good players have tendency of making the opposing defence look shite, we already know that after having watched the mardona and Messies of this world.
:lol:
I think you need to steady on with the superlatives here.

A good goal yes, but three defenders should not be taken out of the game and selling themselves like that by one body swerve/change of direction, it's quite frankly embarrassing.

Undoubtedly a good player, but he is playing in a team greater than the sum of its parts, the crazy superlatives should wait until he does likewise, if he does likewise, next season.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s great with scope to improve. The goal was well taken.

He did a similar move in the first half at the byline where he faked a cross and totally sold the defender. I was expecting a cross too :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
:lol:
I think you need to steady on with the superlatives here.

A good goal yes, but three defenders should not be taken out of the game and selling themselves like that by one body swerve/change of direction, it's quite frankly embarrassing.

Undoubtedly a good player, but he is playing in a team greater than the sum of its parts, the crazy superlatives should wait until he does likewise, if he does likewise, next season.
It would depend on who the player doing the swerving and misdirecting is and his capability on both sides of his body and his reputation. Defenders often freeze in the presence of exceptional attackers because every move could be the wrong one, which leads to second guessing and hesitancy.

So unless you're talking about really top class defenders, which there are few of, the likelihood of them being sold rather than not, is going to be considerably higher.

RopersReturn

I love watching this current Napoli side, they’re exciting and brimming with talent.
Now if we could sign a could sign erm Kvaratskhelia and Osimhen..

Sviken

We either have to get him or pray he doesn't go to any of our rivals. As far as I'm concerned, Antony or Sancho are not even remotely as good as this guy.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I reckon he stays for another year for sure. If he has another year like this one, it'll be hard for Napoli to keep him afterwards. He will be keen to move himself after couple of seasons in Italy and with bigger teams circling.
How long is his contract? If 5 he's doing another two years at Napoli minimum.

BerryBerryShrew

We either have to get him or pray he doesn't go to any of our rivals. As far as I'm concerned, Antony or Sancho are not even remotely as good as this guy.
Being fair, Sancho was also doing incredible things in an equally strong league as Kvicha before we moved for him. It's the only thing that would make me hesitate to pay megabucks to get him from Napoli - he doesn't seem to have electric pace and could find the step up to the PL to be difficult as a result (same as Sancho). Lovely player to watch though.

Blood Mage

Exciting flair players like him are rare nowadays, we're in the era of system players now.

mu4c_20le

Can actually see Chelsea moving for him once they realize Mudryk is a dud. Bayern also a possibility.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Being fair, Sancho was also doing incredible things in an equally strong league as Kvicha before we moved for him.
Italian football is on its way up. I wouldn't be surprised, if there will be 3 Italian clubs in the CL quarter finals this year. More than any other country has.

Champ

It would depend on who the player doing the swerving and misdirecting is and his capability on both sides of his body and his reputation. Defenders often freeze in the presence of exceptional attackers because every move could be the wrong one, which leads to second guessing and hesitancy.

So unless you're talking about really top class defenders, which there are few of, the likelihood of them being sold rather than not, is going to be considerably higher.
One of the first rules of defending is to stand up unless you really must go to ground.

Here they had no need to go to ground.
They weren't close enough, they weren't set and got done way to easy. It's good skill but very poor defending, I don't think that controversial to say.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
One of the first rules of defending is to stand up unless you really must go to ground.

Here they had no need to go to ground.
They weren't close enough, they weren't set and got done way to easy. It's good skill but very poor defending, I don't think that controversial to say.
A lot of rules go out the window against the best dribblers. It isn't unfair of you to say, and it is the logical thing, but elite dribblers cause sensory overload and make very 'weird' things happen to usually sound defenders and keepers.

An easy example would be how Ronaldo (Fenom) would make keepers literally sit down, making seemingly no attempt for the ball, unable to process what was happening in a tiny time frame quickly enough. Everyone knows that shouldn't happen, but it routinely did.

There are countless great dribblers that make it look like a Benny Hill sketch when they are in full flow; then, it is very few defenders who can keep up with them and process what they should be doing in real time.

Long story short: I think there comes a dribbling level where you can't look at it through the same lens as merely good or competent dribbling and the countermeasures for that - there comes a level where freezing and humiliation is rife, and this guy is doing everything asked of him thus far to suggest he belongs in that tier. He looks like the best dribbler on the planet this season, so I don't think it's a surprise that he's making comedic turns of swathes of defenders to this point in time.

Champ

A lot of rules go out the window against the best dribblers. It isn't unfair of you to say, and it is the logical thing, but elite dribblers cause sensory overload and make very 'weird' things happen to usually sound defenders and keepers.

An easy example would be how Ronaldo (Fenom) would make keepers literally sit down, making seemingly no attempt for the ball, unable to process what was happening in a tiny time frame quickly enough. Everyone knows that shouldn't happen, but it routinely did.

There are countless great dribblers that make it look like a Benny Hill sketch when they are in full flow; then, it is very few defenders who can keep up with them and process what they should be doing in real time.

Long story short: I think there comes a dribbling level where you can't look at it through the same lens as merely good or competent dribbling and the countermeasures for that - there comes a level where freezing and humiliation is rife, and this guy is doing everything asked of him thus far to suggest he belongs in that tier. He looks like the best dribbler on the planet this season, so I don't think it's a surprise that he's making comedic turns of swathes of defenders to this point in time.
I get that, but this guy isn't a patch on Ronaldo (either Ronnie), Maradona et al yet.

Those players had an advanced reputation which got into the defenders Psyche, this guy isn't at that level yet, he's had less then a season in Serie A.
The proof as to his true ability will be how he performs next season in a) a different team, one that isn't as dominant as Napoli are in a weaker than usual Italian league or b) a Napoli team who lose a few key players.

If he follows the same trajectory and puts in similar numbers then yes he deserves the comparisons to those types of players, but we have seen this countless times, player comes from relative obscurity where he was doing a decent job to have an incredible breakout season, only to then fizzle out.