Khvicha Kvaratskhelia | Napoli Player

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The pace & close control within all those defenders was impressive.
He's a veritable gif mine by himself!

His talent is comedic at times; such an unpredictable and fun player to watch.

I'm in the camp that would love to have him here and with new ownership, I think the rules by which we play around in the market are about to alter so significantly that he could be on our radar.

A whole load of conjecture, but he's the kind of marquee signing to usher in a new era of ownership with his ability, aggression and our almost unparalleled history with wingers. He'd be compared to Best and Giggs in no time at all, both for his talent and the primary position he plays.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Hasn't he already achieved that by taking them from serie b to likely champions this year.
Yeah of course, and the 3rd Scudetto in Napoli is enough for being historical, even without the resurrect from bankruptcy and Serie C1 part.

But... just imagine what could be winning two in a row, something that even Maradona's Napoli couldn't do.

And with the current state of affairs of the Serie A big clubs, that looks pretty doable if they don't dismantle the team yet.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah of course, and the 3rd Scudetto in Napoli is enough for being historical, even without the resurrect from bankruptcy and Serie C1 part.

But... just imagine what could be winning two in a row, something that even Maradona's Napoli couldn't do.

And with the current state of affairs of the Serie A big clubs, that looks pretty doable if they don't dismantle the team yet.
Fair enough seeing how juve are basically out of the competition for the time being and the Millan teams being so underwhelming but on the other hand I could see them fetching quite the money for either of those 2, I just can't see him saying no to a 150 mil offer for example.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's a veritable gif mine by himself!

His talent is comedic at times; such an unpredictable and fun player to watch.

I'm in the camp that would love to have him here and with new ownership, I think the rules by which we play around in the market are about to alter so significantly that he could be on our radar.

A whole load of conjecture, but he's the kind of marquee signing to usher in a new era of ownership with his ability, aggression and our almost unparalleled history with wingers. He'd be compared to Best and Giggs in no time at all, both for his talent and the primary position he plays.
But then what about Rashford as buying him would in effect nullify the progress our local lad has made recently into becoming a world class player, it would be such a harsh thing to do.

BerryBerryShrew

I'm sorry but I don't understand this; perhaps something was lost in translation? :(
  • Messi's specialty in that role was drifting inwards from the right flank with his stronger foot (left).

• Kvaratskhelia's specialty right now is drifting inwards from the left flank with his stronger foot (right).

If you put Kvaratskhelia on the right flank, you effectively negate a lot of his spatial strengths. He seems to have a touch of Ribéry or Hazard about him as a well-coordinated playmaker, and any club that signs him needs to put him in the best possible position to succeed (left forward or winger, with maybe the chance to develop him into a False 9 further down the line if his hold-up play, receiving ability on the half-turn, movement against deeper blocks and vision in central areas catch up with the rest of his offensive game).
Brilliant answer (as ever), thanks. I stupidly thought he was left footed (given how frequently he beats defenders on the outside while playing on the left). That's why I shouldn't make judgements on players that I've only seen in the CL when I'm down the pub!

Hoof the ball

I'll make a big prediction on this one. I think he's going to go on and win multiple Ballon d'Or's. He could easily become the best player in the world.

ti vu

Consecutive Scudetto triumph with Napoli is special, but would not elevate that legendary status over the Maradona Napoli.

Serie A back then was a different beast. That Napoli failed to win it consecutively but they still won it twice and an UEFA Cup to boost. Google the teams that participated in the competition that season would indicate UEFA Cup back then was much more prestigious than its modern version of the past 2 decades.

It may need to build a dynasty this time around to really establish a distinct superior legendary status. Unless Napoli also win CL this season or next season, it maybe a longer project to be historical best. Lot of thing can change in the new season. The other teams may not match Napoli this season, but they may be able to do enough to compete, while Napoli would then struggle to maintain this season standard.

IMO, Napoli would likely cash in Osimhen because his initial cost is high, and he already reached peak value in the coming window where there is high demand, and generous payers. Kvaratskhelia is a steal for what they paid. They can take the risk with having him for a couple more seasons, before selling him with a handsome profit IF they need to. In that time if they succeed in their dynasty building project, they may as well keep him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's said it multiple times in different interviews. That he prefers to be a forward who cuts in from the wide areas.
Sure in the past. But I think it's undeniable that he's developed far more than any of us could have expected centrally. That performance last night was Mbappe esque through the middle. His strength in holding off defenders is especially impressive and he's clearly elevated his variety of finishing techniques

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sure in the past. But I think it's undeniable that he's developed far more than any of us could have expected centrally. That performance last night was Mbappe esque through the middle. His strength in holding off defenders is especially impressive and he's clearly elevated his variety of finishing techniques
Yes it was very good in terms of improvement but I don't think that means he enjoys playing centrally more than from the left. Most of his goals still come from cutting in from left or right.

bosskeano

Put this kid on our left with Marcus up top and Antony on the right....would be frightening for defenders with the pace and dribbling ability

Pintu

Consecutive Scudetto triumph with Napoli is special, but would not elevate that legendary status over the Maradona Napoli.

Serie A back then was a different beast. That Napoli failed to win it consecutively but they still won it twice and an UEFA Cup to boost. Google the teams that participated in the competition that season would indicate UEFA Cup back then was much more prestigious than its modern version of the past 2 decades.

It may need to build a dynasty this time around to really establish a distinct superior legendary status. Unless Napoli also win CL this season or next season, it maybe a longer project to be historical best. Lot of thing can change in the new season. The other teams may not match Napoli this season, but they may be able to do enough to compete, while Napoli would then struggle to maintain this season standard.

IMO, Napoli would likely cash in Osimhen because his initial cost is high, and he already reached peak value in the coming window where there is high demand, and generous payers. Kvaratskhelia is a steal for what they paid. They can take the risk with having him for a couple more seasons, before selling him with a handsome profit IF they need to. In that time if they succeed in their dynasty building project, they may as well keep him.
Actually I believe they’d have a good shot at winning another Scudetto if they replace Osimhen wisely… De Laurentiis didn’t want to sell Higuain and Juventus stole him paying the clause. Not only to strengthen itself but also to prevent Napoli from becoming a threat. Back then, Napoli did relatively good use of Higuain’s money. And they could/should have won the 2017 or 2018 title with Mertens becoming as lethal as Higuain in the 16/17 season.

Now they’d just lost the last of the (16-18) core (Coulibaly, Insigne..) and still they got much stronger thanks to some smart investment again. Osimhen would be very difficult to replace but replacing him wisely while keeping Kvara and strengthening the defence can take them another level above Juve and the Milan clubs.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's said it multiple times in different interviews. That he prefers to be a forward who cuts in from the wide areas.
That's was before! He's a changed player now. Ten hag could make it work imo

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
But then what about Rashford as buying him would in effect nullify the progress our local lad has made recently into becoming a world class player, it would be such a harsh thing to do.
I don't think the two of them would have set positions, rather, nominal but dynamic ones - Kvaratskheilia roasts people on the inside, outside, through the middle and he drifts, too. We've also seen the intelligence he has in terms of interchange, so two players on the same wavelength has the potential to work, moreover, Rashford seems to be embarking on a journey of his own. His game's scope is widening and he's not reliant on the same things he once was. I'm not sure if he's going to become a permanent fixture through the middle, but he's starting a transition where he may be Henry-esque and between the two positions whilst being nebulous enough to be illusive - so conventional defending won't work whilst he can be a constant threat in striker-ish positions, like Henry. If that is the case, then Kvarat in a drifting Pires role behind him works out on both the inside and outside anyway.

Rashford starting as a #9 on paper, but practically working the line and looking for space away from the centrebacks seems feasible enough. It also affords the #10 the chance to take up more conventional striker positions during attacks uninhibited, so there's tactical scope, certainly enough that I wouldn't look past a player like Kvarat over trying [everything] to make it work. Positional interchange and rapid combination play as they spring in transition would be the order of the day, you'd think. I used to harp on about the dream of Shaw, Pogba and Martial creating a left-sided overload that hadn't been seen in the league since the Cole, Pires, Henry triumvirate that terrorised the league and constantly provided both width and threats on the inside channel; I reckon we could see something similar with Shaw, Kvaratskhelia and Rashford - it even has the same components of a left-footed FB; right-footed flanker and right footed forward, and also carries the same uncertainty for the opposition in tracking movement because 2 from 3 of those players can cut inside as and when they feel like whilst the width and outlet ball is still outside of them. Further, Shaw can take the inside channel - as we've seen - whilst Kvarat has no issue whatsoever with going wide on his left for the width.

In the past, our finances simply couldn't stretch far enough to entertain the outlay on a position that is 'covered' over the others we need vast upgrades in, but we're about to usher in an era where all areas can be attended to within the FFP constraints rather than owners who have exploited us to an extent we've not had the might to make moves like this a possibility. There's no question that Kvarat will be one of the most expensive sales seen in any window he's sold in, and previously, he alone would have probably taken our whole budget for a window, which obviously made him a redundancy in terms of us throwing our hat in the ring, but now, we should be right up there as one of very few clubs who can even offer Napoli a suitable remuneration for taking a once in a generation player off their hands.

Further to the above, the obstacles that usually stood in the way for English clubs are considerably reduced. Madrid have Vinicius and Barca have no business entering the bidding for a 130m+ player. Bayern simply won't pay that kind of money and PSG might be seen as a less desirable destination. Objectively speaking, there are less than a handful of clubs who can spend the kind of money required, and all of them are in England...

Reactions: Invictus

twitter thread suggester
What a player. This is the guy that should be playing on the left flank for us, not Marcus Rashford.

The fact that we have gone from the great Wayne Rooney wearing the no 10 to rashford is symbolic of our decline.
Just feck off.
Your posting history shows your agenda or trolling.

Bondi77

Put this kid on our left with Marcus up top and Antony on the right....would be frightening for defenders with the pace and dribbling ability
EPL defenders frightened by Antony’s dribbling ability....which ones?

Dannn411

Antony? We've seen Antony in the Premier League. He is frightening nobody with his dribbling and he is not fast.

Jacob

Dream signing, football comes naturally to him. Edge of the seat type of player that we need at United.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Also had a lovely outside of the boot cross to Osimhen. Should have been an assist.

Red00012

What a player. This is the guy that should be playing on the left flank for us, not Marcus Rashford.

The fact that we have gone from the great Wayne Rooney wearing the no 10 to rashford is symbolic of our decline.
I thought this post was 12 -18 months old what planet are you living on this season? :lol:

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Great post by user Fortitude. Wanted to add though that Pires was a bit more defensive minded than Kvara is atm, so there's a corridor of development the coaching staff would have to lay out if indeed Kvara (license rights) could be acquired by MUTD. I'd agree that all ingredients are there, both from Kvara and from Ten Hag.
Also, there is still room between Rashford and Henry, but the point of a cracking left side is still very well made in my eyes. To the point of salivating, actually.
What I can't agree on is Threesus'ses notion that Rashford was not good enough for MUTD or any other premium club. Just look at his first touches, his ball carrying in high pace, his laser passes through woods and legs, his finishing that's more and more clinical. That's clearly another individual step forward compared to last season.

Also, here's an aide memoire to user Threesus
I guarantee he is going to drop the biggest stinker of the season against Barcelona. You can bet your house on that.
Just enjoy the footy and restrain from giving betting advice mate.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I’ve got to say that I completely disagree with this post, but I also completely disagree with it getting a warning

Donut

It seems all the big clubs who can afford him are pretty well covered on the left forward position, but if he keeps playing like this they’ll make room for him.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It seems all the big clubs who can afford him are pretty well covered on the left forward position, but if he keeps playing like this they’ll make room for him.
Yup.
  • Chelsea have Mudryk.
  • United have Sancho/Rashford/Martial/Garnacho.
  • Real have Vinicius.
  • Arsenal have Martinelli.
  • Spurs have Son?
  • Liverpool have Diaz/Gakpo/Darwin.
  • City have Grealish.
Who is Barca's LW?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yup.
  • Chelsea have Mudryk.
  • Real have Vinicius.
  • Spurs have Son?
  • City have Grealish.
Who is Barca's LW?
Dembele.

HookedOnAPhelan

I’ve got to say that I completely disagree with this post, but I also completely disagree with it getting a warning
Yeah seems a bit strange to punish someone for being stupid. It's not like they can help it. Unless he's just wumming.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yup.
  • Chelsea have Mudryk.
  • Real have Vinicius.
  • Spurs have Son?
  • City have Grealish.
Who is Barca's LW?
Spurs have also Danjuma but they would kill to get Kvara without a doubt

Idxomer

Yes it was very good in terms of improvement but I don't think that means he enjoys playing centrally more than from the left. Most of his goals still come from cutting in from left or right.
Don't think that's true this season.