Kieran Tierney

If we can't get Sandro we should go for him. He's got CL experience and he's a captain and he's yet to reach his potential. I think it could be shrewd business.

Trizy

Lovely. We can now buy Tierney next season for 80m. Good man Jose!

tonnas

Lovely. We can now buy Tierney next season for 80m. Good man Jose!
As soon as a rival club is interested in someone every time you find post such as the above !! Please !!

Reiver

I'd love for us to sign him but doesn't look like it's happening. I think he's better than both Shaw and Young, or will be very soon.

Trizy

As soon as a rival club is interested in someone every time you find post such as the above !! Please !!
There are bigger problems in the world than my post :lol:. Go out and get some fresh air for yourself.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Tierney has played in CL. Scottish league has produced top players also, current most expensive defender in the world. A league doesn't have to be elite to produce good players, that's my point, yet some here automatically knock back Tierney simply because where he has played.
Let's not forget that he moved to Southampton first, which is near the bottom of the league.
Then he went to LFC.
He did not go from Scotland to LFC.

Similarly, Kevin De Bruyne did not go from Genk (Belgium League) to Man City (EPL). He had other clubs along the way, where he proved himself, first.

He is linked to Everton and that would be a right move for him. If he proves himself there, he can think about a move to a big club.

IMO, if Shaw loses weight, he'd be better than Tierney, so we already have a LB in our squad, who is tried and tested.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Let's not forget that he moved to Southampton first, which is near the bottom of the league.
Then he went to LFC.

Similarly, Kevin De Bruyne did not go from Genk (Belgium League) to Man City (EPL). He had other clubs along the way, where he proved himself, first.

He is linked to Everton and that would be a right move for him. If he proves himself there, he can think about a move to a big club.

IMO, if Shaw loses weight, he'd be better than Tierney, so we already have a LB in our squad, who is tried and tested.
Tried and tested but not trusted

The Purley King

Then he went to LFC.

Did you see the pictures of Shaw in the Football Forum thread? He is a fat dollop. And that is being polite. He's not losing that amount of weight anytime soon.......

Murray3007

To be fair if your celtic ur as well taking the 25m as i cant imagine his value is going to go any higher, but if has a bad season it could certainly go the other way. not sure he's quite the signing to take us up a level but like a comment above he's an improvment on Young and has age on his side to get better

poleglass red

Then he went to LFC.

so what is your point, wait until a player is proven before we buy them. Better tell Jose that, he's just bought a Portuguese kid with 7 games under his belt and Fred from the mighty Ukrainian league. We have scouting for a reason, so that we aren't fleeced everytime we try and buy a "proven" player.
The season he joined Southampton they finished 6th, 1 place behind Utd and only 3 pts of us in 5th and City in 4th. I'd hardly call that near the bottom of the league....

Last edited:

SouthPredators4

Anybody watches him regularly? I recalled he was rated higher than Robertson at one point. Great engine fast, has a good delivery and would be more suited for a high pressing modern game in which fullbacks are expected to provide width.

Bwuk

Anybody watches him regularly? I recalled he was rated higher than Robertson at one point. Great engine fast, has a good delivery and would be more suited for a high pressing modern game in which fullbacks are expected to provide width.
Struggled with injuries a lot this season

Kidders

Only watched him on TV which is not great, but he's not been that special this season, maybe it's because Celtic play a high line and dominate most games that he has a lot of possession in the opponents half so it's hard to read his defensive qualities, (which he would need in EPL) can't recall him missing many games though ?

-Supreme-

I don't think we shoild bump an old thread if we haven't been linked recently...

LuckyScout78

As a scout i does have noticed his football talent and abilities, special as left wing back player. Very good and precise with the ball.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Absolute bargain for Arsenal imo. They'll probably land him for not much more.

lsd

The Oracle
Good player and will get better but we really do have other priorities.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Doubt they'll get him for that. More like 25-30 with the add ons. Surprised there isn't more competition tbh
Yeah I said they’ll probably land him for a little bit more. I still don’t understand why it’s so cheap, if we wanted him Celtic would milk us dry.

PoTMS

This is the equivalent to getting Robertson from Hull. Will be a huge roaring success and everyone will wonder why we weren't in for him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We're reported to be after young hungry British players and Tierney is an absolute no brainer. Would be a top signing for Arsenal IMO.

RedDevilRoshi

This is the equivalent to getting Robertson from Hull. Will be a huge roaring success and everyone will wonder why we weren't in for him.
Really?

He’s a good player but nowhere near as good as Andy Robertson both defensively and certainly offensively.