Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeh1991

Maguire wasn't always like this either , if you can expand on other qualities of Min-Jae that would great .
First of all he's got a winning mentality and is a dilligent hard-worker (typically Korean trait). Very disciplined, not as clumsy, faster, more mobile, has more tactical intelligence and fights for the ball at any cost (while I have seen Maguire giving it up many times). He's not as good at build up play as Martinez but as good as Varane if not better. If he joins I can see him becoming a starter faster than most of you think as he is a type of player Erik would love to have. Also can play on both sides of the center half but tbf that is a trait of Maguire too (even if it doesn't really matter much).

Reactions: VeevaVee

Idxomer

He looks good and faster than Maguire but I would hate it if we sign another defender without fixing the mess we have in goal.

Telsim

He looks good and faster than Maguire but I would hate it if we sign another defender without fixing the mess we have in goal.
Exactly. I want Kim here, but it doesn't matter who is CB when they have to spend the entire game babysitting the GK instead of pushing the line higher up the pitch.

Woziak

Is he fast, aerially strong and good on the ball? Can’t say I’ve ever watched him.
Yes to all the above and in my opinion Top 10 Cbs in the world with ; Stones, Dias, Rudiger, D Alaba, VVD, R Varane,W Saliba, Tiago, J Gvardiol. Our Lisandro will beeak
Into this group next season and Varane or VVD might drop out. This is a great signing, absolutely what we need

gusmov

I've been following him since he was in Turkish league. Believe me, he will dominate the premier league. He is monster.

Chairman Steve

I’m not familiar with a lot of these sources that are reporting this, but if this doesn’t materialise it’ll be disappointing.

He’d be a great addition and more suitable replacement for Maguire. He will get games no doubt since Varane, while great, is a bit fragile and probably can’t handle two full games every week without risking injury.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
That's over 100m spent already with the Mount transfer, guess the Glazers are just YOLOing it given they're not going to be in charge much longer.

Lentwood

This lad must be really, really highly-rated by ETH and our transfer team if we're moving for him this Summer. I'd say a senior CB is one of the lowest priority positions right now, so they must think he's a superstar and a bargain at the price

ThanksBoss26

This lad must be really, really highly-rated by ETH and our transfer team if we're moving for him this Summer. I'd say a senior CB is one of the lowest priority positions right now, so they must think he's a superstar and a bargain at the price
I was thinking the same - it's definitely the lowest priority within the spine of the team. That said, I suppose if (when) Maguire goes that would leave just seven defenders to cover the back four for the whole season with not a lot coming through immediately and no midfielders who fill in at the back (Casemiro can I'm sure but wouldn't want to lose him from midfield). So definitely the least of the priorities but maybe we will bring one in.

Lentwood

I was thinking the same - it's definitely the lowest priority within the spine of the team. That said, I suppose if (when) Maguire goes that would leave just seven defenders to cover the back four for the whole season with not a lot coming through immediately and no midfielders who fill in at the back (Casemiro can I'm sure but wouldn't want to lose him from midfield). So definitely the least of the priorities but maybe we will bring one in.
Yeah we'd be light one CB if we sold Maguire but Shaw can cover, as can Casemiro/McT if it gets desperate and given we don't have a CF or a functioning GK you'd think depth at CB would be down the list of priorities.

That's not to say at all I think it's a bad signing, by all accounts he's very good. I'll just be really disappointed if we sign another CB and are still starting DDG in goal next season.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Can't believe we're doing this deal. Just far too competent.

Also, this 60m feels fake. It was always 40m, so maybe in euros it is 50m. 60m sounds too much.

It would also be a great commercial signing to have an up-and-coming player from such a huge market. We can finally start getting some of those South Korean fans back from Spurs.

Abraxas

It looks a great signing if it happens. Good age, just won a league title, analytics look good. We can get into whether CB is the biggest priority ever, but there's certainly a hole there to be filled. There's a weakness with Varane's availability. There is no way on earth Varane is driving us through 4 competitions himself. We can't let that weakness derail us in a crucial position. We need those clean sheets, because there's still a lot of work to do in attack and defence is our current avenue to win many games.

This would conclusively address said weakness and give us 3 top quality CBs and a very competent cover option in Lindelof.

Rolaholic

It looks a great signing if it happens. Good age, just won a league title, analytics look good. We can get into whether CB is the biggest priority ever, but there's certainly a hole there to be filled. There's a weakness with Varane's availability. There is no way on earth Varane is driving us through 4 competitions himself. We can't let that weakness derail us in a crucial position. We need those clean sheets, because there's still a lot of work to do in attack and defence is our current avenue to win many games.

This would conclusively address said weakness and give us 3 top quality CBs and a very competent cover option in Lindelof.
It makes all the sense in the world for us really. Turning CB into one of our biggest positions of strength would go a long way towards maintaining trophy challenging form throughout the long season through injuries and fatigue.

mav_9me

Is he good one on one? If we plan on playing with 2 no.8s we need an exceptional one on one defending CB to cover transitions. Like Saliba or VVD used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.