Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Going by Italian media, we signed SMS the last 3 years every summer. Unless a reliable journo picks this up, there is nothing in it. You would think Di Marzio or Romano would get info quickly on this if there was something in it
Yeah all we have is that dodgy il mattino

Rolaholic

and nothing but silence about the transfer over here. What a surprise. Kiss kiss.
He also reported we're looking to reward Martinez with a new contract this preseason

Gloryinred

The reason why we are trying to bring Kim Min Jae, Mount, Harry Kane (or Højlund) is because ETH wants to play back three for sure with alternative options:

Primary formation:

------------------H.Kane-------------Rashford-------------------
--------Mount/Eriksen-------------B.Fernandes------------
L. Shaw----------------Casemiro-------------Wan-Bissaka
---------L.Martinez---R.Varane---Kim Min Jae----------
-----------------------------DDG/GK----------------------------------

Now this seems more like the best-in-Europe squad even in comparison to Real Madrid and Man City.

(1) With the above, we have 4 very defensive minded players to shut down and pocket any forwards in the Europe:

> Casemiro, Martinez, Varane and KMJ

(2) We have 3 very fast paced defenders to beat the likes of Haaland, Salah and Son Heung Min:

>Wan-Bissaka, KMJ and Martinez

(3) We have 4 very fast recovery defensive players:

KMJ, Mount, Casemiro and Martinez

(4) We have 3 goal scoring players:

> Kane, Rashford and B.Fernandez

(5) We have 2 - 3 very creative players for assists:

> Kane and B.Fernandez/ Eriksen

(6) We have 3 huge defensive physical presence:

> KMJ, Varane and Casemiro

(7) We have one very good attacking physical presence:

> Kane (or Højlund)

(8) We have 2 fast paced attacking minded players (wingforward/ wingback):

> Wan-Bissaka and Rashford

(9) We have 2 binding players:

> Mount ans Casemiro

This by far is the most viable tactical formation for ETH and us; And arguably is far better than playing two CBs at the back with one CB sitting on the bench whilst fit.

Last edited:

Gloryinred

Those who think CB isnt a priority;

know that very good strikers give you points

however very good defenders give you the titles.

Look at our era when we had solid walls like Vidic, Rio, Evra and in the middle and left: Ji Sung Park to scoop the ball from the opposition.

it gaves us so much freedom and space for the attackers to hit the back of the net without having to cover for defense.

Back in our victorious era, we always had at least 4-5 defensively sound players in our starting 11 including box to box and binding players who can cover for defense and are of workhorse.

The reason why we lost to Man City is because we get too much pressure to cover the entire defence with only three players: Casemiro, Martinez and Varane/Lindelofand without anyone who can effectively cover for defence.

We need versatile utility players who give both the progressive fluidity and cut-throat solid defensively stability by adding the likes of KMJ.

Crimson King

The reason why we are trying to bring Kim Min Jae, Mount, Harry Kane (or Højlund) is because ETH wants to play back three for sure with alternative options:

Primary formation:

Now this seems more like the best-in-Europe squad even in comparison to Real Madrid and Man City.

(1) With the above, we have 4 very defensive minded players to shut down and pocket any forwards in the Europe:

(2) We have 3 very fast paced defenders to beat the likes of Haaland, Salah and Son Heung Min:

> Kane (or Højlund)

> Mount ans Casemiro

This by far is the most viable tactical formation for ETH and us; And arguably is far better than playing two CBs at the back with one CB sitting on the bench whilst fit.
I think you're completely wrong.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I do agree that CB is one of our lower priorities, but it does kind of feel that Kim might just be too good an opportunity to pass up. A player who seems very good and well suited to how ETH wants us to play, in a position that our starter is injury prone which will likely get worse (even though our back-up is quite solid), and is available for much cheaper than someone of his quality normally would be thanks to a release clause.
In regular market, Napoli would probably ask for 100m for this one of their star players.

dinostar77

How anyone is against this is beyond me.
Because for those with a anti-de gea agenda. Replacing de gea is priority 1-2-3.

Raya or some other keeper will alone will make more saves than de gea, keep more clean sheets and sweep up better than legendary sweeper mattius sammer. Will help us win every trophy going and we will remain unbeaten all season. As long as we replace de gea.

Crimson King

I think you're completely wrong.
Eh?

We're not switching to a back 3 and relying on Shaw and AWB for all our width, pal. Especially as that doesn't leave any natural position for Antony or Garnacho.

If we do sign Kim, and that's a big IF at the moment, then it's because Maguire is leaving and we need at least 4 CBs for the season. That player needs to be better than Lindelof, because Varane can't handle 3 games a week, and they'll need to be good enough to potentially replace him, sooner rather than later.

dinostar77

Eh?

We're not switching to a back 3 and relying on Shaw and AWB for all our width, pal. Especially as that doesn't leave any natural position for Antony or Garnacho.

If we do sign Kim, and that's a big IF at the moment, then it's because Maguire is leaving and we need at least 4 CBs for the season. That player needs to be better than Lindelof, because Varane can't handle 3 games a week, and they'll need to be good enough to potentially replace him, sooner rather than later.
You cant guarentee there wont be times when we we do switch to a back 3. City are about to do a treble using a back three, other teams will take note and follow suit. Tactical flexability is important as circumstances and scenarios during games may dicate the need to be flexible.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Primary formation:

> Kane (or Højlund)

> Mount ans Casemiro

No way we'd go with AWB as a RWB. That would either be Dalot or a new player.

Irwin99

I'm excited by this potential signing. Varane is absolute class and it's been obvious since the Liverpool home game that EtH loves him but he has to be managed well and he will probably get more injuries as he gets older.

Kim and Martinez looks a brutal partnership for any striker to face. Talk about combative :lol:

Crimson King

You cant guarentee there wont be times when we we do switch to a back 3. City are about to do a treble using a back three, other teams will take note and follow suit. Tactical flexability is important as circumstances and scenarios during games may dicate the need to be flexible.
I'm not saying we won't ever play with a back 3, but I don't think the formation and line up the poster outlined is what the manager is aiming for. Especially 2 up front as part of that.

I think it's hard to follow what City have done because they have such good players in every position. They might play with 3 CBs, but Stones pushes into midfield and Walker tucks in to the 3. When they want to, they can switch to a back 4, with Akanji at LB if need be. If not him then Ake.

These are players that have mostly played together for a number of years, under the same manager. It's worked wonders for them, but any other team using that as a template is going to find it very difficult.

For what it's worth, EtH does want his FBs to tuck in to help with playing out in the first phase, we've definitely seen that this season. We don't have the right players to pull it off effectively at the moment though, especially against better teams.

SoCross

Would be a great signing if he settles in. CB is third on the list for me behind a 6 and a 9, hoping we can get all three signing in.

Losing Martinez and Varane almost put a dent in our season, KMJ is very welcome.

SATA

Can’t see us signing Kane so Mason Mount, the Atalanta young striker and this lad and it’ll be a very good summer of business for us. A new goalkeeper will be the icing on the cake

croadyman

Would be a great signing if he settles in. CB is third on the list for me behind a 6 and a 9, hoping we can get all three signing in.

Losing Martinez and Varane almost put a dent in our season, KMJ is very welcome.
4th for me as GK has now taken 3rd spot

croadyman

Can’t see us signing Kane so Mason Mount, the Atalanta young striker and this lad and it’ll be a very good summer of business for us. A new goalkeeper will be the icing on the cake
Would like Rabiot on free too

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Primary formation:

> Kane (or Højlund)

> Mount ans Casemiro

As ETH ever used 3 at the back? Maybe he just wants quality cover for when Varane gets injured which is a lot. I can’t see him playing a front 2 without wingers when he’s splashed a lot of money on a RW Antony. Most top teams nowadays play 4-3-3. It will be Kane as the leading striker with rashford on the left and Antony on the right. A midfield 3 of mount, Casemiro and Bruno. A back 4 of Shaw, martinez, kim/Varane, dalot.

dinostar77

I'm not saying we won't ever play with a back 3, but I don't think the formation and line up the poster outlined is what the manager is aiming for. Especially 2 up front as part of that.

I think it's hard to follow what City have done because they have such good players in every position. They might play with 3 CBs, but Stones pushes into midfield and Walker tucks in to the 3. When they want to, they can switch to a back 4, with Akanji at LB if need be. If not him then Ake.

These are players that have mostly played together for a number of years, under the same manager. It's worked wonders for them, but any other team using that as a template is going to find it very difficult.

For what it's worth, EtH does want his FBs to tuck in to help with playing out in the first phase, we've definitely seen that this season. We don't have the right players to pull it off effectively at the moment though, especially against better teams.
Dont disagree with your points. Yes its important that one of your two wide CBs can drop into a fullback slot. We havent got the right players to pull it off, but some tactical flexability from ETH would be good to see.

Crimson King

Dont disagree with your points. Yes its important that one of your two wide CBs can drop into a fullback slot. We havent got the right players to pull it off, but some tactical flexability from ETH would be good to see.
I think EtH is flexible. He certainly showed himself to be pragmatic during his time at Ajax.

I just don't think we have enough players who can perform multiple roles. He's tried to do it with a few of them, but they're often not good enough to do it well enough to play in the way he'd like them to.

Probably doesn't help that we didn't have a midweek off between September and something like gameweek 36. Can't really work on these things in training.

mu4c_20le

At some points I wondered if Liverpool or Chelsea might swoop in. Newcstle and Spurs? Done dealio.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pretty much guaranteed that we won't play a back 3. You can quote my post.

Pep had to adjust and it's again a hybrid one. When they have the ball, they switch to 3 man and when they don't have the ball, stones come back to 4 man defence.

Withnail

Primary formation:

> Kane (or Højlund)

> Mount ans Casemiro

We'd have Lindelof as the lone back-up CB with this formation. It's madness and completely unrealistic. We'd need another two to cope with potential injuries.

Last edited:

Chief123

This would be lovely. I hope our chains aren’t being jerked.

Not that I’m saying we should do it but a 3-5-2 with KMJ, Varane and Martinez as the back three would be awesome.
Tbh even though we wouldn’t be in a rigid back 3, we’ve done it many times during a match where he have one of the full backs playing an inverted role and dropping into midfield. We’re seeing the likes of Liverpool doing it as well as Man City. I can see more teams doing the same.

Someone like Shaw who’s technically very gifted could be the one who comes inside to midfield leaving Varane KMJ and Martinez at the back.

evil_geko

I don't think ETH want's to play back three at all, Varane is just injury prone, simple as that. Lisandro - Kim partnership would be brilliant!

Bwuk

I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if we tried the 3241 ala City at times. Drops into a 433 when defending.

De Gea
Kim - Varane - Martinez
Casemiro - Shaw
Antony - Bruno - Eriksen - Garnacho
Rashford​

Dominos

I don't think ETH want's to play back three at all, Varane is just injury prone, simple as that. Lisandro - Kim partnership would be brilliant!
Also Maguire will leave which leaves us with 3 proper centre backs, and 7 first team defenders in total, which leaves us 1 player short of ideal.

Even if Varane wasn't injury prone we'd need to replace Maguire's place in the squad this summer, it's just a question of what profile of player we'd be looking at and how much we want to spend to replace him. KMJ having a release clause may just too good an opportunity to turn down.

Withnail

I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if we tried the 3241 ala City at times. Drops into a 433 when defending.

De Gea
Kim - Varane - Martinez
Casemiro - Shaw
Antony - Bruno - Eriksen - Garnacho
Rashford​
I would be genuinely surprised if we played 3 of our 4 CBs along with Shaw (the only other player who can play at CB) Imo there's zero chance EtH does this. It's a massive risk.

Also you might want to rethink your RW there. Not sure we'll see him for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.