Klopp and Liverpool celebrating a home draw to WBA (video added to OP)

togg

Wearing his heart on his sleeve will get him nowhere.
He was celebrating a home draw against WBA. He is still pretty much in his "honeymoon" period. Once that has passed, no one is going to defend him acting this way.
you maybe right...but he's always done this...he isn't going to change personality wise.

sugar_kane

I said it months ago - they're a match made in heaven Liverpool and Klopp, at least in the tragic, hyper-emotional sense.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I reckon Klopp did it to deflect attention from the fact they threw away a lead and had to scrape a draw in the end.

prateik

you maybe right...but he's always done this...he isn't going to change personality wise.
It might be the footballing culture. Maybe its different in Germany. Maybe the fact that he started off without the big reputation at Dortmund helped. A mid table manager can get away with acting this way. No one is paying attention

Its not the same. He has come here with a big reputation.
As a United fan, I'd love to see him celebrate little things this way. I find it hilarious.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Fair enough applauding the fans and their support for the team but the way it was done was as if they were celebrating it and that's why it's funny. I understand why and what he's doing but he's done it in a hilarious manner.

Deleted member 78215

To be fair, it's Kop 101 - if you wanna get the Liverpool fans on your side you've got to give in to their crazy.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
There is an obvious disconnect between the players and fans in this country though, especially at the "big" clubs. I saw Klopp's reaction the the equalizer, he was fist pumping like a mad man and gesturing to the crowd to get behind the players and push for the win. He prob heard so much about the famous Liverpool fans and the tradition at Anfield, now he's trying anything to get the fans involved again.

m1tch

Wow. That's bizarre.
Yes, last minute equalisers are always cheered like wins, but you don't do an open top bus parade after them.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It was clearly because if his comments about the fans leaving early a few weeks ago

Today they must have stayed and they got an equaliser

Pretty obvious I would have thought

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Could you imagine us achieving it under the same circumstances? At 2-2 with a minutes injury time they pushed with more fervour than we did in 45 minutes against West Ham.
Smashing that long ball repeatedly, leaving themselves wide open at the back and scoring through a lucky deflection sure was inspiring. In the same circumstances the LVG out thread would be heaving right now.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Smashing that long ball repeatedly, leaving themselves wide open at the back and scoring through a lucky deflection sure was inspiring. In the same circumstances the LVG out thread would be heaving right now.
Piss all difference between a 1-2 loss and a 1-3 loss, I'd never criticise for risking conceding another goal on the break, at least you've shown the balls to go for it especially in front of your own fans, won't always work out well but there's a time and a place for slow patient build up play, with a minute or two left that's not the time to do it.

Rafateria

Wow seriously ? A whole thread on this ? Now that is embarrassing. Never mind it's completely off tack .. it wasn't a celebration, as Klopp stated it was a thank you to the Kop for the vocal support throughout the match. A clear improvement, that Klopp had asked for pre-match, on the library for many matches this season.

Enigma_87

You know who
It was absolute pathetic, no other way to look at it. They even had more than 3 mins on the clock to win it.

Celebrating like that a home draw in middle of December against WBA, is kinda low point.

In the interview after the game he said this draw was important to keep the momentum going.
Their last 3 games - loss to Newcastle, draw with Sion and draw today with WBA. :lol:
:lol:

Rafateria

It was absolute pathetic, no other way to look at it. They even had more than 3 mins on the clock to win it.

Celebrating like that a home draw in middle of December against WBA, is kinda low point.

In the interview after the game he said this draw was important to keep the momentum going.
Their last 3 games - loss to Newcastle, draw with Sion and draw today with WBA. :lol:
:lol:
Though that IS improvement. 4 losses in last 25 matches and 2 in the last 19 I think it is (not sure if I read that stat before or after the Newcastle match).

Sad Chris

jeez thats a good mentality set, overall yes its quite disappointing to get one point even for them but when you score so late in the game to get one instead of zero points its always encouraging and players will start always to believe that if they try till the very end they can gain points..

wasnt this our way when we had sir alex here? it was a good rescue of one point, next time they can rescue three points. Dont really understand whats to laugh to, Klopp just started and these small steps forward and "small wins" will help him to set a good mentality and philosophy in his team, a bit silly thread.. we lost to fecking Bournemouth yesterday, People should be laughing at us, we didn't do shit at the end..
Aimed at your post not the poster: feck off!

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Fair enough applauding the fans and their support for the team but the way it was done was as if they were celebrating it and that's why it's funny. I understand why and what he's doing but he's done it in a hilarious manner.
Not really and the fact that so many people on here view it as such tells me more about the modern English fan culture than about Klopp or Liverpool. This behaviour in Germany would have been an absolute nontopic as this is expected in pretty much every stadium. After every game you go to your support, no matter the outcome. It´s called engaging the fans, showing that the team or at least you as coach cares. It is pretty obvious that this was more about celebrating the crowd for staying and witnessing a late time qualizer than the actual result.

There is a clear lack of connection between his club and the fans, which was shown when several left early before in this season, something that Klopp voiced several times including the presser before the game. He asked them for support and later showed his gratitude for doing so. All he is trying to do is rebuild the severed connection again, to makes them feel like actually suporters and not just costumers. His ability to engage crowds and draw them in was always one of his greatest strengths, one of the reason he was so loved at Dortmund long before he won titles. The guy genuinely cares what his support thinks and acts accordingly to it.

Sad Chris

This thread is just full of United bias at Liverpool. It's Klopp introducing a standard German footballing practice at Liverpool. The biggest embarrassment about it is the state of naivety in this thread.
That's bs. It's not a standard German football practice to try to push fans to celebrate a point against a very mediocre team.