Klopp Confirmed Liverpool Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagga7

It will be interesting how well he can get Liverpool playing and whether he can successfully integrate his total football system on the team.

I actually want him to join Liverpool, the Premier League will be better with him in it.

R'hllor

Saw in Serbian online newspapers saying,their source told them,that assistant manager will sign a contract in friday. Not sure how reliable they are but i doubt Klopp gonna accept being a manager under same conditions like Rodgers.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
From a fan's POV, I can't see him being anything other than a success. Not because I believe he'll lead us to two decades of dominance or anything like that, but because he'll have us playing attractive football again. That's success to me. Success is tuning in on a Sunday afternoon and actually having something worth watching.
Yeah, I can appreciate that. But my definition of "success" isn't that far off from your own. Two decades of dominance is extremely unlikely for any manager. Success for Klopp at Liverpool would mean turning you into a proper challenger again - that has to be the premise. Playing so-called attractive football round the middle of the table isn't success - that's just an acceptance of mediocrity sweetened by the odd flashy combination which leads to a goal. Rodgers could have provided that - he DID provide that, in fact, and arguably even more.

No, my prediction is that IF Klopp actually takes the job, he will either be a good fit for the club - in which case he will make you into a very good side (precisely what that will result in, result wise and trophy wise, will depend on all sorts of circumstances)...or he won't be a good fit, in which case he will struggle immensely in English football.

THAT is the fifty-fifty part for my money. The idea that he is, per definition, a great manager who will undoubtedly make any side click - is naive, in my opinion. The circumstances have to be right for him.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I don't think it matters who their manager happens to be; I just want to beat their team.

Devil may care

Most articles in Germany about Klopp's interest in the Liverpool job include the rumour that Pep will sign an extension soon and stay in Munich. Supposedly it plays a role in Klopp's decision to maybe take over somewhere now. I've no clue if there's even the slightest bit of truth in it, but I've read it a few times now.
Damn, well if that is the case and Pepe signs another 3 year deal I am not sure what our plan will be as I don't see LvG here beyond his three year deal.

Or go to City! Pep really needs to be our next boss not Ryan!
My feelings exactly, he's the obvious choice, especially given he shares many of LvG's ideals.

Jesus, the hysteria :wenger:
Not hysterical, I really like Klopp, can't stand Liverpool and would have loved him to be United's next manager, especially given how shallow the pool of options are.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Probably not a popular opinion on a Manchester United forum, but I do think and I hope he will get them the Trophy next season.
It will be a football unseen in the Premier League so far and it might be enough to fluke that thing.

Im not too disappointed in him going there. It will be a shame to dislike him, but i think its a case of Emperor's new clothes. Hes just a better version of Brendan, and hes not going to turn them into a football superpower again.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Genuinely said for years he isn't that great a manager. Better than Rodgers of course. Would be much more scared if they get Ancelotti.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Meh... Never liked him anyways. And Jurgen is a stupid name.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Im not too disappointed in him going there. It will be a shame to dislike him, but i think its a case of Emperor's new clothes. Hes just a better version of Brendan, and hes not going to turn them into a football superpower again.
As I just said, his style of football alone might be enough to get at least one championship out of them.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Damn, well if that is the case and Pepe signs another 3 year deal I am not sure what our plan will be as I don't see LvG here beyond his three year deal.
I think he only signed one year extensions in Barcelona. I hope it won't be like that, because it would turn into a never ending drama. A 2 year deal until 2018 would be nice.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What? Better version of Brendan? Like SAF is a better version of Allardyce you mean?

I don't expect to dislike him purely because he'll manage Liverpool. I won't root for him, but I'll still like him, just as I do Wenger.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
If it was between Klopp and Ancelotti then I would prefer Klopp everytime.

He nearly got Dortmund relegated* last season so hopefully he can repeat that trick.

*Not strictly true

entropy

Can't see why Klopp would prefer taking the Liverpool job, tbh. I rather he wait till the season ends and see if Wenger vacates the managerial post. The quality of players at Arsenal will give him something to work with. As opposed to Danny Ings and Lallana.

goin4glory

Liverpool haven't sacked Rodgers without having a replacement ready to go. I'm sure once FSG got the OK from Klopp it was just a matter of waiting until the International break and getting it done. The possibility that Chelsea sack Mourinho might have also forced their hand as Klopp would certainly be on the shortlist for that job.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Can't see why Klopp would prefer taking the Liverpool job, tbh. I rather he wait till the season ends and see if Wenger vacates the managerial post. The quality of players at Arsenal will give him something to work with. As opposed to Danny Ings and Lallana.
Pure romanticism.
He probably want's to get them back to the top.
A lot of people really like Liverpool in Germany for sentimental reasons.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Liverpool sacked Rodgers 3 points off fourth after 8 games,
makes me think that there is already an 'agreement' in place or a plan in place. You dont suddenly kneejerk and sack the manager just a few weeks after letting him spend 30 million on a new striker

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Pure romanticism.
He probably want's to get them back to the top.
A lot of people really like Liverpool in Germany for sentimental reasons.
you could say that Liverpool and Dortmund are very similar clubs in many ways

but its time for him to manage a big club surely?

Von Mistelroum

This is going to sound knee-jerk in light of the Arsenal defeat but I'd genuinely fancy Liverpool to finish above us if Klopp goes there. Long term I cannot see Van Gaal winning the league with us or coming close (which, given our financial power, should not be such an impossible task) and after he retires we'll (apparently) have Giggs in charge which I'm afraid sounds terrible to me and I can't help but imagine how long it will take for us to sack him given his status.

These things, coupled with Klopp signing for Liverpool, could see us lose our standing in the same way that Liverpool have, ironically, because Klopp does well with an underdog team and if we're struggling (which we will because of our light squad and tactics), he could easily get them running efficiently enough to take our spot.

Call me whatever you like, but wait and see.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is going to sound knee-jerk in light of the Arsenal defeat but I'd genuinely fancy Liverpool to finish above us if Klopp goes there. Long term I cannot see Van Gaal winning the league with us or coming close (which, given our financial power, should not be such an impossible task) and after he retires we'll (apparently) have Giggs in charge which I'm afraid sounds terrible to me and I can't help but imagine how long it will take for us to sack him given his status.

These things, coupled with Klopp signing for Liverpool, could see us lose our standing in the same way that Liverpool have, ironically, because Klopp does well with an underdog team and if we're struggling (which we will because of our light squad and tactics), he could easily get them running efficiently enough to take our spot.

It is knee-jerk. Our first 11 is better. Our squad is better. Our football is better. We've beaten them 3 times in a row now.

And Giggs is not our next manager, at least that's not confirmed.

bubbles_

Guess it's better he joins Liverpool than City, Chelsea or Arsenal I suppose.

Devil may care

I think he only signed one year extensions in Barcelona. I hope it won't be like that, because it would turn into a never ending drama. A 2 year deal until 2018 would be nice.
A one year extension would suit United but I doubt Bayern will be as accommodating in that regard as Barca were, 2 years would mean we keep LvG an extra year and Klopp will have realized Liverpool is a poison chalice by then and can move to Bayern, sorted! :D

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'Jurgenna win f*ck-all'

Von Mistelroum

It is knee-jerk. Our first 11 is better. Our squad is better. Our football is better. We've beaten them 3 times in a row now.

And Giggs is not our next manager, at least that's not confirmed.
I agree with you that our first 11 is better, squad too, considerably better in fact if we consider the individual players. However, our tactics and lack of depth will mean we're easy enough to predict and Klopp will get an average Liverpool side psyched up and playing as a team. Team > individuals and so I believe he'll get them finishing above us.

Seveneric

I never got what was so likable about him. He has that manic/nutter attitude, which for whatever reason the people here seem to find an endearing quality, it's just annoying.

That's silly, he can't have that much of an effect this season. At best, he'll have that 3 or 4 game bolster that some teams have when they get a new manager.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
dortmund supporter here. i could very well see this happening. i'd in fact say that klopp would rather be tempted to manage a prestigious, yet struggling club like liverpool over a club like city/chelsea or probably even united, tbh, as it would be more...ambitious!? liverpool and dortmund are also somewhat alike, with regards to fandom, tradition, potential...

i for one had always seen him as the designated successor to wenger tho :)
Yeah, I've never felt he'd be one to go to the plastic clubs with no history as he seems to be passionate about the game and its history and traditions; not money - so that ruled out Chelsea and City.

As for going to Arsenal, it could still happen if he can't quite get Liverpool to the level he aspires to as it would be easier to do it with us.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I never got what was so likable about him. He has that manic/nutter attitude, which for whatever reason the people here seem to find an endearing quality, it's just annoying.
It's not just that he is as passionate as a person can be. He's also intelligent. Those two things rarely go together. At least not in the Prem pool of managers.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Definitely knee jerk. I won't say we'll definitely finish above them, but to say they'll definitely be above us is crazy.

WengersWingMan

Supports
Arsenal
So any chance he will be an unmitigated disaster? C'mon people I need hope.
Yes, Dortmund and Germany had a great youth system that he benefited from and someone else was in charge of scouting/signings for the main part.

He isn't going to change Henderson into Gundogon or Benteke into Lewandowski.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Yes, Dortmund and Germany had a great youth system that he benefited from and someone else was in charge of scouting/signings for the main part.

He isn't going to change Henderson into Gundogon or Benteke into Lewandowski.
But he might get some of the finest German talent to Liverpool.
Young German players don't seem to fancy the Premier League, he might change that at least for Liverpool.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Go wash your mouth out with soap
fcbforever is right though. If not the PL than the FA Cup at least. Under Klopp Pool would take any European competition very seriously, whether the Champions League or Europa League.

Status
Not open for further replies.