Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
This is their 2013 Man Utd squad. Not overly amazing on paper but the manager will squeeze one final league title out of them before leaving. Hopefully the following decade is as miserable.
Not really. The squad was partially rebuilt in the summer with young players also being added. I cannot think of a less suitable comparison with Ferguson's 2013 squad. Apples and oranges.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hasn't he said he's never going to manage bayern?
Maybe. Not sure. I know he said he’ll never manage another prem team. Guess Barca would be a decent shout but then against aren’t they having trouble with financial issues.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Not really. The squad was partially rebuilt in the summer with young players also being added. I cannot think of a less suitable comparison with Ferguson's 2013 squad. Apples and oranges.
Our 2013 squad was partially rebuilt with younger players in the previous 2 summers and our best players were over 30 (just like Van Dijk and Salah), so I get the comparison.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He also said he’d never sign a player for €100m. I’d take anything that prick says with a pinch of salt.
I do so much so that I'm sure he'll be the Liverpool manager next season.

It's the greatest practical joke ever. He's tricking everyone into thinking he's off and so must hand him the title.

Genius

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah I don't think it's a good comparison at all. The 2013 team had 1 world class player in RVP and Rooney/Carrick were a level below. But the defense was far past their prime with Rio/Vidic/Evra. Scholes literally had to unretire to help the midfield. It was really SAF magic and an RVP peak that we rode to the title.

This Liverpool team has 3 obviously world class players with TAA possibly being there as well depending on your opinion of him (no doubt world class as a creator/attacking force from his position though), and then Konate/Jota/Diaz/Macallister/Szoboslai are all very good individual players in their own right.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Until we’ve announced a new manager, I’ll hold out hope that one day, the club will post a video captioned “the boss has something to tell you”, with Klopp explaining how he’s changed his mind.

IrishRedDevil

Until we’ve announced a new manager, I’ll hold out hope that one day, the club will post a video captioned “the boss has something to tell you”, with Klopp explaining how he’s changed his mind.
He’s tired man. Let him rest. The cult wore him down to a stump.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It depends if you cancel that documentary. There’s no way he’s going to have a team of cameramen around when it’s not your “off” season.

reddyornot

Mauricio Pochettino: "I hope referees do not get caught up in emotion of Jurgen Klopp's farewell"
Well said.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Mauricio Pochettino: "I hope referees do not get caught up in emotion of Jurgen Klopp's farewell"
Well said.
I hope referees don’t get caught up in Poch saying ‘I hope referees do not get caught up in emotion of Jurgen Klopp's farewell’.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I hope referees don’t get caught up in Poch saying ‘I hope referees do not get caught up in emotion of Jurgen Klopp's farewell’.
I bet you do. The farewell tour so far has been ridiculous.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
All your best players old as feck, younger players being carried by them, sounds exactly like what happened in 2013. I know you're in denial and coping so I won't hammer the point home too much,

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Well said.
Sounds of a desperate man. Is he getting a ban for this. Surely there will be some sort of punishment for saying this.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Sounds of a desperate man. Is he getting a ban for this. Surely there will be some sort of punishment for saying this.
For someone other than Klopp moaning about referees in the press? There usually is yeah.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
He’s cracking up and panicking for a League Cup final. It’s not like it’s for the league or European Cup. When Klopp does it at least he has gripes whereas this is just a desperate attempt at getting some kind of advantage.

Josh 76

Well said.
Good on you Poch!

Never thought he had it in him. It's like a kid standing up to the school bully!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Good on you Poch!

Never thought he had it in him. It's like a kid standing up to the school bully!
And then getting a broken nose and a cracked rib for his troubles while Josh 76 casually walks away saying, I didn't see nuffin guv as Klopp gives him a look too. :D

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He’s cracking up and panicking for a League Cup final. It’s not like it’s for the league or European Cup. When Klopp does it at least he has gripes whereas this is just a desperate attempt at getting some kind of advantage.
"He's cracking up"
"This is just a desperate attempt at getting some kind of advantage"

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Man Utd's record breaking 14 (FOURTEEN!!!) penalties in one season was out of this world. Phenomenal. I warned Redcafe it was actually the worst thing that could ever happen to them as it would prolong the painful Ole era. But the warning was not heeded, and the messenger was shot. :angel:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...break-premier-league-penalty-record-final-day
Oh give over. With the introduction of VAR, there was an increase in penalties awarded across the board. Leicester were awarded 12 penalties the following season and no one gave a shit.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
If anything, we've fallen foul of more bad decisions this season, hence the recent announcement that we have been issued more apologies for wrong decisions than any other team.

Can't fault Poch for trying to gain an advantage to be honest, nothing wrong with it.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

If anything, we've fallen foul of more bad decisions this season, hence the recent announcement that we have been issued more apologies for wrong decisions than any other team.
The number of apologies is definitely the best metric to measure decisions that have gone against you, considering this was deemed to be fine.

No doubt Klopp will whinge about the Caicedo challenge on Gravenberch in multiple post match interviews later, so you'll probably get another apology off the back of that.

FujiVice

He's the best coach in the world. His ability to get teams punching levels above their weight is immense.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
All your best players old as feck, younger players being carried by them, sounds exactly like what happened in 2013. I know you're in denial and coping so I won't hammer the point home too much,
Carried.
Ok.