g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

Oscar Bonavena

I know many will shoot me for saying this. Klopp is one of the best manager ever in the PL. I'm so happy that he is leaving. It will be very difficult for Liverpool to find another manager like him again.

I know he only win 1 CL and 1 PL but he was competing with Pep- one of the best ever managers (better than Klopp), City's best in class football structure and facilities, City's bottomless pit, City's 115 charges.
I think you're right too. A know a lot of United fans are shitting on his achievements a bit on this forum, but he's been the force behind Liverpool the past decade. He turned them from a joke club back into contenders again. I don't think he's a great tactician or genius, but he used his personality to get the very best out of the players at his disposal, and to hype up the Anfield crowd for so many "must win" games.

I'm sure Arne Slot is a very capable coach, but he won't be able to replicate what Klopp brought. I'm so glad he's leaving!

PS I've just envisaged a scenario where Slot has a couple of underwhelming seasons at Liverpool, gets the sack and a rested and rejuvenated Klopp comes back as the returning hero....:annoyed:

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
I think you're right too. A know a lot of United fans are shitting on his achievements a bit on this forum, but he's been the force behind Liverpool the past decade. He turned them from a joke club back into contenders again. I don't think he's a great tactician or genius, but he used his personality to get the very best out of the players at his disposal, and to hype up the Anfield crowd for so many "must win" games.

I'm sure Arne Slot is a very capable coach, but he won't be able to replicate what Klopp brought. I'm so glad he's leaving!

PS I've just envisaged a scenario where Slot has a couple of underwhelming seasons at Liverpool, gets the sack and a rested and rejuvenated Klopp comes back as the returning hero....:annoyed:
How often does a returning manager/player actually come close to being as good in his second spell at a club in modern football? Feels like "return" stories always ends up underwhelming. Could be a topic for a thread on it's own actually

Last edited:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
You've been a meme worthy club since SAF retired, be it your players or managers, and a textbook example of how to throw money out the window. If not for your past and the revenues you generate, you'd be in the Championship by now.

Seeing you and some other MU fans having the gall to shit on a manager that basically resurrected Liverpool from the dead and made them consistently compete on all fronts is a sight to behold and the incarnation of lack of self awareness. If not for Man City, Liverpool would have more PL titles than you do. This despite having spent much less money than say, well MU. Seeing you slating him is absolutely hilarious, given your tendency to build a shrine for any wannabe SAF. You stubbornly back a Titanic captain to the hilt, waiting in vain for the return of the Messiah.

There's banter and club rivalry, which I get, and then there's you and your ilk.
If not for our success, we’d be unsuccessful.

stevoc

I mean, Barcelona in 2011 might say the same about the United team they faced...
A team that just won 4 out of the last 5 league titles, won a European Cup, got to 3 CL finals out of 4 and won multiple domestic cups in the years leading upto that final?

Or Spurs?

I don't think they would have mate no and I'm not sure you thought that one through.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
A team that just won 4 out of the last 5 league titles, won a European Cup, got to 3 CL finals out of 4 and won multiple domestic cups in the years leading upto that final?

Or Spurs?

I don't think they would have mate no and I'm not sure you thought that one through.
:lol: Yeah, insane to compare that United side to Spurs.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You've been a meme worthy club since SAF retired, be it your players or managers, and a textbook example of how to throw money out the window. If not for your past and the revenues you generate, you'd be in the Championship by now.
Not sure about that...we've somehow managed to survive...

do.omb

Supports
Bayern Munich
How often does a returning manager/player actually come close to being as good in his second spell at a club in modern football? Feels like "return" stories always ends up underwhelming. Could be a topic for a thread on it's own actually
Jupp Heynckes is a big one for coaches.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ancelotti at Madrid could be classed as a good comeback.

matt10000

Nope, it doesn't work like that. There are too many variables to have absolutes in the "if" scenario. For example, if City didn't cheat, United may have won the Aguero goal title, changing the trajectory of top flight English football. If City didn't cheat, Brendan Rodgers may have won his title, and Klopp wouldn't even be with Liverpool potentially. Again, changing the trajectory of the league. There are a million things that would have happened before Klopp winning the league "if City didn't cheat".
hoho Uthinkugoodlookin, that is like saying that if a giraffe farted in Africa the Titanic wouldn’t have sank.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
hoho Uthinkugoodlookin, that is like saying that if a giraffe farted in Africa the Titanic wouldn’t have sank.
Not really.

There's a clear chain of events from Liverpool slipping up in 2014, key players departing, and their subsequent slide down the table leading to Rodgers getting sacked (with far less credit in the bank than he'd have had as the man to deliver their first title in an age).

ShinjiNinja26

You’d know all about the Championship wouldn’t you fella. :)

IWat

What's really impressive to me is what he has managed to do with the money spent. They've spent the lowest of the big 6 and have a net spend multiple times lower than us, City, Chelsea, Arsenal. It just goes to show with a genuine quality manager and the proper club setup around them you can compete without having to outspend the others.

I could hate on him sure, but the reality is it's from a place of envy considering the shower we've had to put up with. Glad he's leaving them and I hope it rapidly unravels.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

Or Spurs?

That specific 2011 team that day weren’t the 08 peak side though were they?

They were a much less worthy side who only got to the final by playing Marseille and Schalke.

Given the relative quality of that Barca side (one of the greatest ever) and the way the game played out, it could be seen as equivalent to Liverpool playing Spurs

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

They were a much less worthy side who only got to the final by playing Marseille and Schalke.

Given the relative quality of that Barca side (one of the greatest ever) and the way the game played out, it could be seen as equivalent to Liverpool playing Spurs
Not at all. How can you even begin to compare the mentality of the teams and managers. It’s a bizarre comparison

stevoc

:lol:

No mate, just no. You can't compare that team to Spurs in any context. It's fecking Spurs, Spurs!

It wasn't the 08 side but it was still a bloody good side. It nearly won the league the next two years running only losing one title on goal difference on the last day. The game played out as any game played out back then when a team didn't park the bus against that Barca side. They were what many people consider the best club side in history with the best player ever at his absolute peak.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Your location should be changed to St Helena, exiled to Napoleon's old gaff to contemplate the error of your ways

whitbyviking

Has Klippety been complaining about TNT now? Something to do with the scheduling of the Thursday night European games? He wasn’t whining when they were on for the “quadruple”

mu4c_20le

Absoutley beautiful. I'm glad they credited the person who made it in case anyone was wondering.

Josh 76

I Will be watching a Liverpool match for the first time, not giving a feck if the win, lose or draw. Obviously a loss would be nice!